Should instant replay exist in football?

+27
leemhuis
bazinga
_LMG_10_
Tomasso
Despiadado.Maleante
animal.crackers
RedOranje
Le Samourai
BarrileteCosmico
beatrixasdfghjk.
everest1
andiii
SaintJoe
Gomez83
vivabarca38
billionmillion
RebaƱo Sagrado
che
Dnmac4
Tomwin Lannister
Eivindo
justdoit_
harhar11
CBarca
the xcx
zarola
Onyx
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Should instant replay exist in football?

Should instant replay exist in football? - Page 3 Vote_lcap68%Should instant replay exist in football? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 68% 
[ 25 ]
Should instant replay exist in football? - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Should instant replay exist in football? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 11 ]
Should instant replay exist in football? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Should instant replay exist in football? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 37

Should instant replay exist in football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should instant replay exist in football?

Post by bazinga Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:57

Only one solution. Cyborg referees :vagi:

bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Should instant replay exist in football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should instant replay exist in football?

Post by leemhuis Sat 21 Apr 2012, 14:21

Goal line technology is the only thing I could agree with along with post game video evidence for diving bans as used in Italy. No stopping game.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Sat 21 Apr 2012, 15:12

Maybe it is best for Barca fans not to participate on this poll. Conflict of interest
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat 21 Apr 2012, 16:51

animal.crackers wrote:You make a pass, ref calls it offside..

Video guys says the pass was onside.

What happens then?

I'm only talking about goals. Obviously if you have a replay system you tell the offside judge if it's incredibly close and your not sure just let play go on and then the system will either confirm or deny what ever the outcome is.

IF you have an incorrect offside in the middle of the field then it really wont effect the game much, but offside goals or goals onside goals ruled off for incorrect decisions should not exsist any more.

BTW, most goals I see that are offsides are not really hard calls, they usually are very obvious.

"about the computer program- thats an interesting idea and i have no clue how that would work or how it works in tennis... but that may be something worth looking into. but again if its so easy to do, why don't we have it for football, basketball, or baseball? i'd assume that the small size of a tennis court may have something to do with it." -everest1

Well in football there is instant replay so there's no need and they can take however long they want and look at every available camera angle to GET IT RIGHT>

In the NBA at the end of games they have a replay system now but to be honest in the NBA there is not a big problem of getting wrong out of bounds calls effecting games, but they do have a way to review it now that they use in the last 4-5 minutes of a game to GET IT RIGHT. Plus your talking about a sport that scores over 40 "goals" a game for each side so it's not as big of a deal, but again they did implement replay to GET IT RIGHT.

For Major League Baseball- They instituted replay for home runs because they effect the game so much and it's very hard to tell in some stadiums if it went over the line or just hit the wall and to GET IT RIGHT.

In fact this is probably the best thing to compare to the offside argument I am making and here is what Bud Selig the MLB commisioner said who has always been very very against replay.

"I believe that the extraordinary technology that we now have merits the use of instant replay on a very limited basis," Commissioner Selig said. "The system we have in place will ensure that the proper call is made on home run balls and will not cause a significant delay to the game."

Oh and BTW, here are the results.

replay has been used 123 times between August 28, 2008 and the conclusion of the 2010 season (with 48 of those instances resulting in overturned calls)

That's for home run balls which people think is easy to see. Can you imagine the effect on the EPL or another league if 39% of off or onside goals were overturned and ruled correctly?

It would be huge, and again there is no reason whatsoever not to institute it. The stakes are just too high and there is no reason to not want to GET IT RIGHT.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sat 21 Apr 2012, 16:58

but if the ref blows the whistle for offside then the other team has the excuse that they stopped playing because the ref blew the whistle and that they could've saved the shot had the whistle not gone.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat 21 Apr 2012, 17:16

For DMAC's argument.....it shouldn't add any t ime whatsoever.

The ball passes the line a light goes off, pretty simple
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat 21 Apr 2012, 17:19

zarola wrote:but if the ref blows the whistle for offside then the other team has the excuse that they stopped playing because the ref blew the whistle and that they could've saved the shot had the whistle not gone.

Yea, that's why I said this in my last post.

"I'm only talking about goals. Obviously if you have a replay system you tell the offside judge if it's incredibly close and your not sure just let play go on and then the system will either confirm or deny what ever the outcome is."
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 27 Jul 2012, 18:43

A good idea?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 27 Jul 2012, 18:46

No.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:00

surprised i never posted in this thread when it was around but i say no.

just need the referees that are behind the goal to have some balls and actually make calls when they see a goal go in or fouls/handballs in the box.

thats the problem- they are basically useless, but if they made the calls we wouldnt need to even talk about replays

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:16

Dear god it's this again :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon 30 Jul 2012, 20:44

Everything would be much easier imo. Whether the ball went over the line, whether it was a penalty etc etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 30 Jul 2012, 23:39

I'm watching an Olympic hockey game right now and they have a video proof if needed. It seems to work very smoothly without any real time loss, so to me it looks fine.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3