Diego Contento - a good enough LB solution?

+6
Luca
inderbaby
Vibe
BoBo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
LWL91
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Diego Contento - a good enough LB solution? Empty Diego Contento - a good enough LB solution?

Post by LWL91 Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Saw him play for Bayern against City the other day and i think he was rather solid. Bayern use Lahm on the left and Contento is considered a backup in Munich.. What do you guys think of him and the risk of flying him back to Turin?
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Diego Contento - a good enough LB solution? Empty Re: Diego Contento - a good enough LB solution?

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:10 pm

He's amazing, bring him to Juve. I've been asking for this kid for god knows how long, him or Santon would do the trick.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Diego Contento - a good enough LB solution? Empty Re: Diego Contento - a good enough LB solution?

Post by LWL91 Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Born May 1, 1990 (Age 21)

http://www.goal.com/en/people/germany/31985/diego-contento

Bayern vs City;
Started slowly as he failed to put enough pressure on City players but improved as the game went on; rated 5.5 - goal.com

Isn't he too young and inexperienced to rely on for a LB starter??
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Agreed he is fantastic.... and named after maradona
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:16 pm

LWL91 wrote:Born May 1, 1990 (Age 21)

http://www.goal.com/en/people/germany/31985/diego-contento

Bayern vs City;
Started slowly as he failed to put enough pressure on City players but improved as the game went on; rated 5.5 - goal.com

Isn't he too young and inexperienced to rely on for a LB starter??

And yet you got the Germany and Italy U21 fighting for him.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:16 pm

By the way, let's not rely on a goal.com rating lmfao
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Juve need a defensively solid LB which Contento is not.He's basically a De Ceglie...Can't believe you didn't pay 6 mill for the other half of Criscito.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:19 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Juve need a defensively solid LB which Contento is not.He's basically a De Ceglie...Can't believe you didn't pay 6 mill for the other half of Criscito.

Criscito is a great LB, but yet you condradic yourself, since when has Criscito become a pure defensive LB. If we want that type of player, we have it, his name is Chiellini. Cricito is an offensive fullback who in fact can play as a winger.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
VibeTribe wrote:Juve need a defensively solid LB which Contento is not.He's basically a De Ceglie...Can't believe you didn't pay 6 mill for the other half of Criscito.

Criscito is a great LB, but yet you condradic yourself, since when has Criscito become a pure defensive LB. If we want that type of player, we have it, his name is Chiellini. Cricito is an offensive fullback who in fact can play as a winger.

:facepalm:

You do know Criscito is in fact a naturalized left back?As in he used to be a center back and still occasionally is?His couple games as a left midfielder you saw deceived you my friend...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Bacala, he USE TOO play as a CB, not anymore. Now he's a dynamic defensive player who has more offensive skills compared to many fullbacks. Why the hell do you think Prandelli depends on him? Because he needs fullbacks like Maggio and Criscito who are familar in wing roles in pushing forward and supply offensive play.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Criscito is not an offensive fullback...He doesn't have offensive skills.He doesn't dribble,he doesn't chase down the line,he is slow,all he does is push forward which he can because he has a great sense of movement.Anyone can tell you the same...

And why neg rep?I came in peace...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:35 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Criscito is not an offensive fullback...He doesn't have offensive skills.He doesn't dribble,he doesn't chase down the line,he is slow,all he does is push forward which he can because he has a great sense of movement.Anyone can tell you the same...

Good point. A fullback such as Evra who can work both defensively and offensively is actually one of the most rare players in football....
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:37 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Criscito is not an offensive fullback...He doesn't have offensive skills.He doesn't dribble,he doesn't chase down the line,he is slow,all he does is push forward which he can because he has a great sense of movement.Anyone can tell you the same...

I didn't neg rep you.

Oh he's not an offensive fullback? And yet against Spain he showed why he is LMAO.
Oh wait he's not an offensive fullback? Gee, I wonder why he can play on the wings.

Dear lord, I guess when he was in Genoa under Gasperini, he was not playing offensively as a winger in his 3-4-3 formation right.

Vantane Interista !

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Meh nothing special...we have pdc who can do the same job...rather play Esti at LB :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:43 pm

well put, I will stick to what I always say
Criscito should still be a Juventus player

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 pm

inderbaby wrote:Meh nothing special...we have pdc who can do the same job...rather play Esti at LB :shisha:

Your kidding me right? I'd rather just put Vidal there. Esti is not a pure LB, he's like Vargas in that role. We need someone pure.

Why PDC? The guy had so many chances to prove himself and failed, he's injury prone and at this point he still hasn't improved.

Get Criscito or Zieger back.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Luca wrote:

well put, I will stick to what I always say
Criscito should still be a Juventus player

Agreed, except his insight on Criscito is low
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Criscito-Chiellini-Barzagli-Caceres

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN! Not hating on Lichtsteiner he is more than worthy but man!

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:50 pm

I don't have insight on Criscito,I have knowledge I obtained from watching him play.What you are saying sounds like you are describing one eye of Pepe while watching the other one in your sig.Just very different and doesn't fit...Ask the Juventini here,they will tell you the same.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:51 pm

VibeTribe wrote:I don't have insight on Criscito,I have knowledge I obtained from watching him play.What you are saying sounds like you are describing one eye of Pepe while watching the other one in your sig.Just very different and doesn't fit...Ask the Juventini here,they will tell you the same.

Luca as you seem to be the biggest Criscito fan behind Zarola from my assumptions towards posts, can you kindly answer to his post. Thanks.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:52 pm

Luca wrote:Criscito-Chiellini-Barzagli-Caceres

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN! Not hating on Lichtsteiner he is more than worthy but man!

Licht > Caceres

I like more this

- Caceres - Chiellini - Barzagli - Licht

not that is gooooooooood and hot Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
inderbaby wrote:Meh nothing special...we have pdc who can do the same job...rather play Esti at LB :shisha:

Your kidding me right? I'd rather just put Vidal there. Esti is not a pure LB, he's like Vargas in that role. We need someone pure.

Why PDC? The guy had so many chances to prove himself and failed, he's injury prone and at this point he still hasn't improved.

Get Criscito or Zieger back.

Kolarov would be better than the lot :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Kolarov? Sure he's proven in the EPL and in Serie A
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:55 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:Criscito-Chiellini-Barzagli-Caceres

Licht > Caceres

I like more this

- Caceres - Chiellini - Barzagli - Licht

not that is gooooooooood and hot Very Happy

That is amazing too but Criscito is a MONSTER!

Criscito really is not that defensive, but he is good on both sides of the ball. It depends how he is played, you might see very offensive performances from like against Spain in that friendly of which I remember him going forward constantly.

He is very well rounded to be honest.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 pm

He was the best LB in serie a before city took him :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum