Guardiola has deceived me.

+4
Swanhends
El Chelsea Fuerte
kiranr
Omniscient
8 posters

Go down

Guardiola has deceived me. Empty Guardiola has deceived me.

Post by Omniscient Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:50 pm

I've always maintained that Guardiola was mediocre and inflexible tactically. The acquisition of Ibra, bad substitutions like constantly bringing on Keita when needing a goal, having no clue what to do when a team stifles Barca's chance creation, etc.

He proved me wrong tonight. The change in tactics he used in the second half was inspired, switching to a 4-2-3-1ish shape in order to keep possession much better and completely dominate Madrid's left wing:

Sanchez
Iniesta Messi Alves
Fabregas Xavi
Abidal Busquets Pique Puyol
Valdes

The same can't be said for Mourinho, who was basically bringing on big-name players from the bench in like-for-like substitions that served no purpose.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Guardiola has deceived me. Empty Re: Guardiola has deceived me.

Post by kiranr Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Omniscient wrote:I've always maintained that Guardiola was mediocre and inflexible tactically. The acquisition of Ibra, bad substitutions like constantly bringing on Keita when needing a goal, having no clue what to do when a team stifles Barca's chance creation, etc.

He proved me wrong tonight. The change in tactics he used in the second half was inspired, switching to a 4-2-3-1ish shape in order to keep possession much better and completely dominate Madrid's left wing:

Sanchez
Iniesta Messi Alves
Fabregas Xavi
Valdes

The same can't be said for Mourinho, who was basically bringing on big-name players from the bench in like-for-like substitions that served no purpose.

You have got it wrong. That was the formation in the first half with Messi dropping really deep and Busquets playing further up.

However, in the second half Fabregas went to the left and Iniesta dropped into the centre. Why do you think we started dominating in the second half? And Busquets dropped deep with Puyol at RB and Alves pushed up ahead on the wing. It was a master's move by Pep and he has shown it again and again in every big match. Pep really knows what should be done where and why.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Hope he wins the league and CL again.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:34 pm

kiranr wrote:
Omniscient wrote:I've always maintained that Guardiola was mediocre and inflexible tactically. The acquisition of Ibra, bad substitutions like constantly bringing on Keita when needing a goal, having no clue what to do when a team stifles Barca's chance creation, etc.

Sanchez
Iniesta Messi Alves
Fabregas Xavi
Valdes

You have got it wrong. That was the formation in the first half with Messi dropping really deep and Busquets playing further up.

However, in the second half Fabregas went to the left and Iniesta dropped into the centre. Why do you think we started dominating in the second half? And Busquets dropped deep with Puyol at RB and Alves pushed up ahead on the wing. It was a master's move by Pep and he has shown it again and again in every big match. Pep really knows what should be done where and why.

I didnt watch the game but ZM's analysis agrees with what OP posted

Pep :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:35 pm

It is going to be very difficult to win the league. Madrid are going to keep winning against the other teams in the league. Unless they suffer a dip in form, it is going to be very difficult!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:38 pm

kiranr wrote:It is going to be very difficult to win the league. Madrid are going to keep winning against the other teams in the league. Unless they suffer a dip in form, it is going to be very difficult!

Yeah the league is still theirs to lose. Barcelona need to improve their form against other teams (it's like La Liga is divided into 2 section: El Clasico and The Others Laughing).

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:44 pm

bhends wrote:

I didnt watch the game but ZM's analysis agrees with what OP posted

Pep :bow:

Fabregas and Iniesta sort of switched in the second half. I saw that Iniesta was deeper and Fabregas was wider. Of course, i have to watch the match again to understand what the positions were exactly...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Sanchez
Iniesta Messi Alves
Fabregas Xavi
Valdes

english_jewel wrote:Hope he wins the league and CL again.

english_jewel wrote:
kiranr wrote:It is going to be very difficult to win the league. Madrid are going to keep winning against the other teams in the league. Unless they suffer a dip in form, it is going to be very difficult!

Yeah the league is still theirs to lose. Barcelona need to improve their form against other teams (it's like La Liga is divided into 2 section: El Clasico and The Others Laughing).

On the opposite, Mourinho has deceived us! HAha! No show in the press conference, maybe he knew he had nothing new to offer and so too embarass to show up! Twisted Evil

Guardiola I hope have now relaly showed why he is so successful, and thats becos he know shis style, has the balls to try different new tactics in the big games and gets it right! Cool banana

I think Barca can really win the big 2 trophies again.

Real will lose games and drop points, it as simple as that, they just wont be able to keep winning all season. The will suffer a dip in form just like Barca, and other teams wont all lay down for them, some teams will perform and beat them or draw them, and El Classicos have such big effects on morale so they will have lose some confidence while Barca gained a lot im sure Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:26 pm

He proved you wrong many times before... wth.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Guardiola has deceived me. 382825_287561294612988_100000773582410_730008_983585919_n
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:56 pm

zizzle wrote:Guardiola has deceived me. 382825_287561294612988_100000773582410_730008_983585919_n

but you would like to have him back at inter
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:06 pm

i would love to tbh
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum