CroInter
urbaNRoots
The_ItalianFool
Vibe
Cotes
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: TOTTENHAM OFFER 40 MIL FOR MARCHISIO - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: TOTTENHAM OFFER 40 MIL FOR MARCHISIO

Post by Juventude Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:10 pm

I hold the valuations of transfermarkt.de in about as high regard as goal.com's player ratings... which is to say that website's numbers mean little to nothing to me.

Bringing it back on topic, the article is clearly conjecture. However, if Marchisio can put together another great complete season, I see no reason why he wouldn't be valued so highly. A CM with his abilities is a rare thing.

Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: TOTTENHAM OFFER 40 MIL FOR MARCHISIO - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: TOTTENHAM OFFER 40 MIL FOR MARCHISIO

Post by zarola Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:16 pm

I love how people argue about world class when it's a subjective term on subjective topics. First, it's your opinion on what world class describes, second... it's your opinion who fits that criteria..

We should have one solid definition of world class on these forums to avoid these dumb arguments.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:20 pm

zarola wrote:I love how people argue about world class when it's a subjective term on subjective topics. First, it's your opinion on what world class describes, second... it's your opinion who fits that criteria..

We should have one solid definition of world class on these forums to avoid these dumb arguments.

Ive been trying to establish that, but its hard to get people to conform to a standard.

I think the most fair definition of world class is: A player is considered world class if they would be selected to be a part of a 23-man world team. I would also add that the formation be a 4-4-2 in order to have 2 CBs, 2 wingers, 2 CMs(AM, DM, CM) 2 STs, and 2 FBs.

This definition is good because it gives a good scenario, and it leaves room for people's personal opinions and preferences.

The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 pm

zarola wrote:I love how people argue about world class when it's a subjective term on subjective topics. First, it's your opinion on what world class describes, second... it's your opinion who fits that criteria..

You are correct however by these standards I can claim someone like ohh say...marco motta is world class because it is my opinion. The definition of world class is opinion based but there are some guidelines imo and the main one is long term consistency
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Il Pinguino wrote:

You are correct however by these standards I can claim someone like ohh say...marco motta is world class because it is my opinion. The definition of world class is opinion based but there are some guidelines imo and the main one is long term consistency

Exactly.

If long term consistency wasnt the case italy's starting lineup would contain Pepe and Abate, while Gareth Bale would also be considered world class.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:49 pm

but that would imply maldini isn't world class because hes retired, or world classness is conditional, ie. Diego milito was world class 2 yrs ago but isn't anymore.

I would agree with your statement, and if this is how you would define world class I'd agree marchisio is.

to say he will still be world class when his career is over is a big stretch though.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:54 pm

zarola wrote:but that would imply maldini isn't world class because hes retired, or world classness is conditional, ie. Diego milito was world class 2 yrs ago but isn't anymore.

I would agree with your statement, and if this is how you would define world class I'd agree marchisio is.

to say he will still be world class when his career is over is a big stretch though.

Yes, world class is 100% conditional. Maldini isnt world class, he was world class. He still was one of the best to ever play the game, but he is certainly not world class in modern football... he doesnt even play!

World Class, in my view, should be: if there were a world team to be formed today, based on the player's past(stats, trophies, record etc..), age, skills, consistency, duration of good form, mentality etc., who would be on that team?

That's what I think of when I think of World class.

It is TOTALLY different to be playing world class football or be in world class form, that just implies you are playing well enough as if you were in the world team. But consistency over more than one season is a huge factor. That is why managers dont simply add or drop players weekly on the national level, you need to be reliable.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:32 am

Money talks :coffee:
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:34 am

or we could just avoid discussing that term, maybe ask for an explanation when someone says "xxxxx" is world class and then based off of the explanation argue that
but this way is more entertaining smoking

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:35 am

I would definitely sell Marchisio for $40m, damn this is not just any dough, it is $40m...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:40 am

I would not, Juventus is not a selling club first and foremost. Second of all, the fans would protest (as they threatened to just because of a rumour of him leaving in the summer and that was before these performances).

Why would Juventus sell a protagonist, this Juventus- the unbeaten one with Claudio central to it all.

I would sell Pepe for four nickels and some bubble gum though.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:47 am

Luca wrote:I would not, Juventus is not a selling club first and foremost. Second of all, the fans would protest (as they threatened to just because of a rumour of him leaving in the summer and that was before these performances).

Why would Juventus sell a protagonist, this Juventus- the unbeaten one with Claudio central to it all.

I ask the same question to you in response to the last part of this post bounce
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:49 am

Luca wrote:

in b4 a Simeone Pepe fan's response Laughing :bow: :bow: :lol!:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 am

elmystique wrote:
Luca wrote:

Too late, I beat you! Rolling Eyes

Im glad someone else notices him provoking bounce
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:51 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:
Luca wrote:I would not, Juventus is not a selling club first and foremost. Second of all, the fans would protest (as they threatened to just because of a rumour of him leaving in the summer and that was before these performances).

last part was a joke to get this kind of response, at least there are suitable players behind Pepe that could be protagonists (not that I consider Pepe's contribution anywhere near Marchisio's contribution) :dance:

cue the music Elm, play me out rofl

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:51 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Luca wrote:

Too late, I beat you! Rolling Eyes

affraid

elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:53 am

Luca wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

last part was a joke to get this kind of response, at least there are suitable players behind Pepe that could be protagonists (not that I consider Pepe's contribution anywhere near Marchisio's contribution) :dance:

cue the music Elm, play me out rofl

banana banana
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:56 am

My definition is simple. World Class for me is that you are one of the best in the world, depending on your role. Your just that good. That means he can play in the best 23 man team, or he can be considered one there. No matter what the case is... That also means he can play in any team.

Players like Cassano and Marchisio are World Class in terms to how I see it. And to those who don't see, I could careless.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:58 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:My definition is simple. World Class for me is that you are one of the best in the world, depending on your role. Your just that good. That means he can play in the best 23 man team, or he can be considered one there. No matter what the case is... That also means he can play in any team.

Players like Cassano and Marchisio are World Class in terms to how I see it. And to those who don't see, I could careless.

I don't see it, and I careless nonetheless smoking
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:59 am

elmystique wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:My definition is simple. World Class for me is that you are one of the best in the world, depending on your role. Your just that good. That means he can play in the best 23 man team, or he can be considered one there. No matter what the case is... That also means he can play in any team.

I don't see it, and I careless nonetheless smoking

haha good, but I do. And sadly the doubters have been proven wrong, and it will happen again at the end of the season Wink
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:02 am

shit, Marco Motta is World Class by your standards lol
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:02 am

we all know you stuck your ground for Marchisio, can you stop reminding us about it every single post....... Twisted Evil
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:05 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:shit, Marco Motta is World Class by your standards lol

Marco Motta is one of the best in his role?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:06 am

not worth 40 million tbh

great player and all, but no
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:17 am

chaval wrote:Money talks :coffee:
Andy Carroll....35 mil :coffee:
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:19 am

Luca wrote:

LMAO :lol!:
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next