Why no one utilizes the wings against barca?

+17
BarcaLearning
EarlyPrototype
Ganso
Babun
rwo power
BarcaKizz
Omniscient
che
Iceman
billionmillion
Jay29
Sushi Master
Lord Awesome
Luca
Mamad
Harmonica
IAmManUnited
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why no one utilizes the wings against barca? Empty Why no one utilizes the wings against barca?

Post by IAmManUnited Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Honestly fairness to barca, they are still the best, but they have their weakness, espeically from long balls in the box, and set pieces, and pretty much just testing valdes who is not but any length a "WC" keeper.

I kno United never utilized it, nor have madrid so clearly, but if you play the wings, and constantly threaten them with balls in side the box, they will concede. Milan were quick to notice this.

Valdes isnt the hardest keeper to get by, and in turn if you test him with shots or headers, they will have a high chance of finding the back of the net.

I strongly believe if barca were to face stoke and stoke had just one corner, theyd have a 60% chance of scoring it, only because there genetically taller and stronger than barca players.

Just my message for butthurt madristas and a certain portugese who still cant seem to get the upper hand tactically over their rivals.
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Why no one utilizes the wings against barca? Empty Re: Why no one utilizes the wings against barca?

Post by Harmonica Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:34 pm

IAmManUnited wrote:Valdes isnt the hardest keeper to get by, and in turn if you test him with shots or headers, they will have a high chance of finding the back of the net.
That's rather bizarre statement?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Why no one utilizes the wings against barca? Empty Re: Why no one utilizes the wings against barca?

Post by Mamad Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Just my message for butthurt madristas and a certain portugese who still cant seem to get the upper hand tactically over their rivals.

This isn't about tactics. its about Mentality.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmManUnited Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:18 pm

jiopsi wrote:
IAmManUnited wrote:Valdes isnt the hardest keeper to get by, and in turn if you test him with shots or headers, they will have a high chance of finding the back of the net.

Hes not good one on one, defintley not with long balls in the box, his passing is average and his shot stopping not casillas standard tbf, barca really make him look better than he is
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:20 pm

What wingers on Milan noticed this, I would like an explanation of this...

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:26 pm

I think RM did exploit the wings as did Valencia, tbh.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmManUnited Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Luca wrote:What wingers on Milan noticed this, I would like an explanation of this...

They used long balls agaiinst them which led to their goals, the long ball to silva and boateng for his strike and a bit of billiance to state a few
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Theonel Walcott, anyone? Only player to make Barca shit their pants.

But really, what good wingers are out there? Ribéry and Robben are still in the same team banana
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:37 pm

It all sounds good in theory, but you'll find that most wide men that teams utilise are too busy tracking back or tucking in to help guard against Barcelona's possession. When they do get a chance to attack, the wide men are too tired from defending.

Valencia did it well, I recall. Mathieu got down their left and put in some excellent crosses which resulted in two goals.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:51 pm

I dont know you are talking about barca play or opposition team play but if you are talking about barca play, well focusing on headers would ruin their system. They mainly play short passes and it works. Barcelona also can do crosses and headers. But they know that headers = Waste of time, most of time after headers or crosses you loose the ball. And Barcelona doesnt love to loose the ball
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Coming from a United fan, this is just full of lulz

Need I remind you of your last encounter?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Theonel Walcott, anyone? Only player to make Barca shit their pants.

please refer to my sig :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Benzema or Higuain in the box against Pique/Puyol/Busquets is hardly very favourable.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 am

IAmManUnited wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

Hes not good one on one, defintley not with long balls in the box, his passing is average and his shot stopping not casillas standard tbf, barca really make him look better than he is
Not good one on one? Yes, probably just the worlds best one on one. Passing average? Laughing He's in passing team, his passing is great. Shot stopping is not Casillas standard? Valdes had second best save % in whole Europe last year.

That's why I thought that was bizarre statement to make, you obviously don't watch Barca play much. You just watched last Clasico, where he had a bad game and you made you judgement from that?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:23 am

jiopsi wrote:
IAmManUnited wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

Not good one on one? Yes, probably just the worlds best one on one. Passing average? Laughing He's in passing team, his passing is great. Shot stopping is not Casillas standard? Valdes had second best save % in whole Europe last year.

That's why I thought that was bizarre statement to make, you obviously don't watch Barca play much. You just watched last Clasico, where he had a bad game and you made you judgement from that?

This... wtf... the thing which shows you have absolutely no idea is that you chose his best two attributes and said he sucked at them. 1v1, best around... generally half his saves are 1v1 matchwinners. Ballplaying? One of the best of all-time probably, not many keepers in history have to use their feet as much as him. Basing your opinion on his last game is quite noob to say the least.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:25 am

Well, I still want to see a full strength Bayern play against them in the CL. IMO that might be not the worst match-up.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 am

It's possible but you need more than just your average EPL winger. Someone like Ribery or Robben are the kind of people who'll do real damage against Farca. The problem is I doubt Bayern's defence could leak less goals than the opposition Very Happy
Sanchez and Messi are no mugs either eco smile
We could challenge them next time as well with Benzema on left and Di Maria on the right Very Happy

EPL type of wingers are useless against Farca eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 am

I think the 4-3-1-2 formation would be great against barca,3 hard working DMs with at least some technical skill,an am who creates and attacks(unlike ozil) and 2 players who can take their chances upfront
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:28 am

Ganso wrote:I think the 4-3-1-2 formation would be great against barca,3 hard working DMs with at least some technical skill,an am who creates and attacks(unlike ozil) and 2 players who can take their chances upfront

Barca play similar to this.

Except they don't use 3 DM's, but they still defend as a team.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:53 am

babun1024 wrote:It's possible but you need more than just your average EPL winger. Someone like Ribery or Robben are the kind of people who'll do real damage against Farca. The problem is I doubt Bayern's defence could leak less goals than the opposition Very Happy
As soon as Schweinsteiger is fit again, I think the Bayern defense will be solid enough. You might want to check the article I posted here: https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t13674-bastian-schweinsteiger-is-the-most-influential-defensive-player-in-the-world

Check the "top defensive record" listed in the pic here:
Why no one utilizes the wings against barca? Stats10
(Source Goal.com)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:11 am

rwo power wrote:
babun1024 wrote:It's possible but you need more than just your average EPL winger. Someone like Ribery or Robben are the kind of people who'll do real damage against Farca. The problem is I doubt Bayern's defence could leak less goals than the opposition Very Happy
As soon as Schweinsteiger is fit again, I think the Bayern defense will be solid enough. You might want to check the article I posted here: https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t13674-bastian-schweinsteiger-is-the-most-influential-defensive-player-in-the-world

Check the "top defensive record" listed in the pic here:
Nice stats. Defensive cover from midfield =|= defence. Badstuber would be murdered against Farca. It doesn't matter how well he defends if he isn't fast enough on recovery eco smile
Also, team defending>>> individuals eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:29 pm

I believe the answer is simple, becos no one really were able to support Di Maria and Ronaldo, for the case of the latter, hes so individual that he wouldnt know how to best lick up or get pass our defense even with support, he tries to do it all himself Very Happy We defended our wings very well this time, add to that Marcelo and Contraeo hardly got up there, we were too trouble except for a coupel of times I think, one by Benzema too...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:30 pm

LOL. I even rated Valdes higher than Casillas last year. He is excellent in one on ones (unlike what you have noticed), possesses good passing skills and has good positioning. Barca may be midgets but they can also defend those wingers.

I even know a winger who flopped big time against them. AGAIN. :coffee:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Honestly fairness to barca, they are still the best, but they have their weakness, espeically from long balls in the box, and set pieces, and pretty much just testing valdes who is not but any length a "WC" keeper.

Valdez is a WC keeper. One mistake doesn't change that.

I kno United never utilized it, nor have madrid so clearly, but if you play the wings, and constantly threaten them with balls in side the box, they will concede. Milan were quick to notice this.

Your idea is flawed. You cannot "constantly" threaten barca because you wont have enough possession to do anything off the sort.

Valdes isnt the hardest keeper to get by, and in turn if you test him with shots or headers, they will have a high chance of finding the back of the net.

This statement is just
:lol!:

I strongly believe if barca were to face stoke and stoke had just one corner, theyd have a 60% chance of scoring it, only because there genetically taller and stronger than barca players.

If the last statement was LOL, then this statement is :facepalm:

This last part is accurate.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Socceric
(Manchester United)

stoke city vs barcelona for the 2013 champions league final! Stoke would win 1-0! lol. I would pay to see that.

LOL has to be a GL member.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum