If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato?

+13
Milantildeath
ciro1316
IrasMaldinista
Superpeppe
red&blacklegion
Luca
dostoevsky
DRK
elmickio
ShevaDani
Ganso
Cruijf
BiasedMilanFan3
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you sell Pato

If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato? Vote_lcap17%If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato? Vote_lcap54%If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato? Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]
If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato? Vote_lcap29%If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 24

If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato? Empty If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:44 pm

For arguments sake, lets say this hypothetical situation arises at the end of the 2011/2012 season and City/PSG/Chelsea ask us how much we want for Pato. What do you say?

Personally, at the end of the season, I think Pato should consider his options if his injuries worries persist and cant put in the performances and goals.

I also consider Pato's value to be in the region of 25-35mil but that's just my opinion.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato? Empty Re: If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato?

Post by Cruijf Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:19 am

I voted one more season but honestly what I'd do is tell them 45 mil for Pato. If we can get for than 40 mil for Pato than I'd honestly do it.

Unless of course he picks it up by the end of the seaosn.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato? Empty Re: If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato?

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:33 am

depends on how much,30M+ yes
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ShevaDani Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:37 am

if AC and fans wants PATO to succeed,than the front offfice of AC needs to build a team which plays exclusivly for him. at this moment, the team belongs entirely to ibra.the swede totally dominates mentally the team and especially pato,which rarely enjoys being around Ibra.its that simple.
after seeing SHEVA leaving AC,I dont fall on this trap of falling in love with some player.they are professionals.the club comes 1st.
my vote is negative.
ShevaDani
ShevaDani
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 am

You have to remember he's only 22, the thing that's stopping him obviously is his injuries.

I really would like to see this guy grow with Milan and become a Legend like former players like Maldini and Baresi.

His talent is limitless, he's more of an instinct player and when he thinks he panics and normally makes mistakes.

We've seen different sides of his games, Napoli and Inter spectacular performances and then Sundays performance was poor, but all players go through that.

It all depends on his hamstrings, just reminds me of Michael Owen, In all seriousness don't want to see him leave.

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 am

Depends on how much we would get for him. We have been good in the past at selling players at the right time like Kaka and Sheva. I like Pato but if we would get in the 40 million range then I would say sell
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:17 am

Let's not forget he dates Barbara though,I'm sure galliani wouldnt want to mess up the couple for berlu's sake.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:24 am

If I woke up as Galliani I'd be too distraught over the loss of my beautiful mop of hair to think about such matters, however I'll try to humour you.

It depends on who else I considered available. For instance should a bid arrive which would finance a move for Neymar then I would grab it with both hands. I'm uncomfortable putting a figure on Pato as it really does depend on my mind on who arrives in his stead and at what expense.

Pato's injuries are frustrating, however as it stands I don't view replacing Pato as any sort of priority. I don't consider him inconsistent in the way others do, he is always a source of goals throughout the year in the league and with a more stable midfield then our entire strikeforce would benefit, from experience such as Ibra to youngsters such as El Shaarawy.

Only if the opportunity arose in which we could acquire a young striker of greater talent, of which there are still very, very few, then I'd consider the deal, particularly if it also allowed us to generate capital for other deals.

If Pato were sold without any definite plan from the management or so that they could find some short term solution then I'd be livid.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:44 am

Definitely not. I would not count this guy out, although he has had a tough stretch over the last year or so. I think a lot of people forget that he is still only 22, since it seems like he has been around forever that is understandable. I look at a number of things when a player like this is to be sold, such as who would come in as a replacement? And how will this effect Milan in the long term?
I mean you have Ibrahimovic who is undoubtedly Milan's number one, he is also 30 years old versus 22 year old Pato who will only grow.
Too soon to cash in, in any case.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 am

Luca wrote:Definitely not. I would not count this guy out, although he has had a tough stretch over the last year or so. I think a lot of people forget that he is still only 22, since it seems like he has been around forever that is understandable. I look at a number of things when a player like this is to be sold, such as who would come in as a replacement? And how will this effect Milan in the long term?
I mean you have Ibrahimovic who is undoubtedly Milan's number one, he is also 30 years old versus 22 year old Pato who will only grow.
Too soon to cash in, in any case.
unfortunately Pato is not growing?i mean in the last couple of years hes been goin downhill!Allegri needs to squeeze Patos balls so he comes back to his senses! The other bad thing is that hes best friends in the last 2 years (Dinho,Binho)were party animals ,and i believe they might be one of the reasons why he has turned into this his lame washed-up player!
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:11 am

Fair enough but I think Pato can still do a lot of damage, he certainly has not hit his prime, if your views are shared by Galliani then I guess it makes sense to cut your losses and move on. At 22 with the potential he has, I personally would not give up just yet, if he was even 26 or 27 then it would be a different story.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:39 am

I would say, better off waiting to see how he progress for another season. like everyone says he is still 22. i am also with everyone on injuries, he is with us since 2008, and he has yet to play injury free season. at times i havent seen pato's appearances lasted for more than 6 or 7 games due to injury. I am pretty sure our medical department is doing everything they can to keep him fit, and also our players are in the hands of best doctors available in the world. some players are chronic to injury, even though great talent they have. cant do anything if thats the case.

20 million for 18 year pato, and he hasnt been injury free, its very frustating, for me another season would be final straw, either he is fit, injury free or i wouldnt want to pour any more hopes. our club always comes first and there is always wealth of talent waiting on wings, but thing is whether galliani chooses adequate replacement of pato standard or not.

my personal opinion on his current value given his fitness situation, um i evaluate his price around 24 million. but if offer comes above 30 million, its tempting.

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:49 am

In terms of a Pato departure, it almost entirely comes down to beneficence.

If the money from Pato (i.e. 30mil) could be used to buy Lucas Moura, then I would say the sale of Pato is justified. But if we the fans were to get screwed over like the Kaka deal (sell for 60mil, buy Huntelaar), then, bad season or not, Pato's sale would absolutely not be worth it.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ShevaDani Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:03 am

he bangs berlusconi's daughter..think about it!lol
ShevaDani
ShevaDani
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:09 am

ShevaDani wrote:he bangs berlusconi's daughter..think about it!lol

The head line could be something like...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PATO COMPLETES 33 MILLION MOVE TO PSG
At his final AC Milan press conference, Pato simply said "I hit it and then I quit it"

If you were Galliani, would you sell Pato? P3_big

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:22 am

Speaking to Vanity Fair, Barbara revealed: "Pato unsellable? Everyone is potentially sellable. Pato is no different."
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 am

when he starts raping again i will come back in this thread :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:26 am

Source: Football Italia

"Alexandre Pato is statistically proving to be something of an unlucky charm for Milan so far this season.

The Rossoneri have amazingly won just twice in the 10 games which the Brazilian striker has made an appearance in.

A Milan side which included Pato beat Inter in the Italian Super Cup Final in August and then Chievo in Serie A. The other eight games have ended in draws or defeats.

The international has had his problems with form and fitness so far this season which has seen him score just one in six Serie A games and two in three Champions League ties.

In 552 minutes of action, the previously prolific forward has also grabbed only two assists for the Rossoneri."

I don't know why but I've never been that impressed watching Pato; I swear it's nothing personal. He plays on a team I support and I always hope for the best, I just feel he hasn't shown much improvement since joining our squad. If the right offer came along (30-40 mil), I would definitely let him go. In my opinion, this player has yet to prove himself and I'm getting a bit tired of waiting (I know the injuries haven't helped).

All that being said, I do believe he still has the potential, but we can't wait on it forever.

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:03 pm

I saw that LS, however I'm not at all concerned about his lack of goals, for me his consistency in this area illustrates that this is merely a matter of time and opportunity. Without knowing any of the statistics exactly, I'd wager that's the longest time Pato has gone for us without scoring in the league before, however with his injury, many of those unsuccessful games came with a lifeless, unfit midfield making a stuttering start to the league.

I do keep the option of selling Pato alive, however as I said before, the list of those I would prefer to take a risk on remains quite short. I highlighted Neymar because he is an exquisite and rounded talent, someone I believe anyone would want. Realistically few goal scorers of Pato's consistency and temperament are potentially on the market, so any trade off would have to be quite definite in Galliani's mind. A straight swap - preferably with cash attached - would be ideal, so we can judge the true value of the transaction.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:13 pm

That's where the problem lies, finding an adequate replacement for Pato. I also agreed very much with this....
dostoevsky wrote:Without knowing any of the statistics exactly, I'd wager that's the longest time Pato has gone for us without scoring in the league before, however with his injury, many of those unsuccessful games came with a lifeless, unfit midfield making a stuttering start to the league.

Still waiting for that CAM play-maker to arrive. If I were Galliani, selling Pato would be one of the furthest things from my mind. I'm also not certain what would happen with the money from the sale and you already mentioned that very few players could fill that void. I will admit that I would take Neymar in a heartbeat, but that's not really a reality and it still wouldn't solve our midfield issue.

I don't want people to think I dislike Pato, I just have high expectations for him. I always wish him the best and hope to becomes the player I know he can be.

P.S. Did you just confuse me for LS? If so, I'm honored.

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Oops, I did, so sorry Tetra, you're a brilliant poster in your own right. Very Happy

The Socrates avatar deceived me. Razz
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:55 pm

let's keep Pato
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:53 pm

I find a difference between myself and the people here, and I'm not judging you because I don't know whether what I feel is wrong or right.

Anyway, let me just put it this way that To me, Messi+$200m<Pato

If you take Messi's insane goal/game ratio and incredible fitness during the season into account, then you're quite right in calling me a total idiot or a simply crazy guy.

Because it's one of those situations when you fight against your parents and the rest of your family for a girl, and ultimately find it necessary to turn your back on them, leave and live the way you like.

I simply can't imagine a Milan without Pato.

Just like I did with Kaka. When Ricky was signing those papers to complete his transfer to Real Madrid, a 19-year-old Boy was crying like an infant in Iran. That sissy was me. And I'm not ashamed of it.

I hate remembering those days and therefore I don't want to relive them as a result of Pato's potential transfer to some other club.

Captain Maldini was in his 40s and I always knew the time to say goodbye is too close, so I was sort of prepared to accept the decision of the legend.

In this Milan side, my favorite is Nesta, followed closely by Pato. And I know Nesta is gonna be our man for only one to two more years at best.

But Pato, he's different. He's only 22, he's unique.

Exactly the same situation with Maldini and Kaka. I knew the former will leave in two years max, but I would've never believed that Ricky won't fulfill his promise of retiring in Milan.

Maybe I'm too emotional and lack the logic required for these situations, but what can I do? It's who I am, love it.

Pato is my pride and joy in this Milan, I would only give up on him if Galliani promised he would re-sign Captain Paolo in his stead - which is as impossible as seeing God.

So, my verdict: Not for the world...

P.S. My 200th post in the Goallegacy forum. Do I care? Nah. Not interested in numbers, never was.
But I remember how in the Goal.com forums we used to create special threads for becoming a "Super Contributor". It was a lot of fun and people would throw Kudos at the honored guy just for the sake of posting 500 messages. Good ol' days, eh?
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ciro1316 Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:31 pm

pato is going nowhere what milan need is a proper atm that will fix pato and the static attack. Every foward needs a supplier of the ball milan have been lacking one in the final third since we sold kaka and then sold pirlo not to mention our only true creative force cassano is hurt. This milan is built much like mourihno's inter and chelsea all power we need some finesse

ciro1316
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:48 pm

He has way too much talent to be let go
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum