If Podolski goes to Arsenal, how will they play?

+16
BAYERN_MUNICH
Ali
chaval
Be/\/ceCALI
EL Patron
aleumdance
lenear1030
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
TheRedStag
Sushi Master
Iceman
Highburied
Artemis
VivaStPauli
juventus101
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If Podolski goes to Arsenal, how will they play? Empty If Podolski goes to Arsenal, how will they play?

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:03 pm

If Podolski actually goes to Arsenal, how will they play? Cuz ive heard some people claiming that hell be a backup for RVP. First off, Poldi > RVP. Secondly, I doubt Wenger would buy Podolski as a backup. So how would they play?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

If Podolski goes to Arsenal, how will they play? Empty Re: If Podolski goes to Arsenal, how will they play?

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:06 pm

With Podolski on the left wing, I reckon? I don't think either of RvP or Podolski would ever ride the bench unless injured.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

If Podolski goes to Arsenal, how will they play? Empty Re: If Podolski goes to Arsenal, how will they play?

Post by Artemis Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:09 pm

I hope you weren't serious about the podoliski being better than rvp thing....
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Why? I personally feel like RVP is iverrated and Podolski is underrated, and Podolski is better than him. But lets notderail this thread with that.

If Podolski plays on the left, what out Gervinho? What about dropping Ramsey instead and playing a 442 with a Walcott-Wilshere/Arteta-Song-Gervinho midfield and Poldi and RVP up top.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:22 pm

4-4-2 just... Kinda gives up the midfield battle, is my problem with it. Might work in the EPL though... It's not really a "dominate-the-midfield" kind of game to win the EPL.-
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Podolski on the left wing with Walcott/Gervinho on the right and RVP upfront... our central midfielders will have to be more disciplined.

There is room for God anywhere he goes.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Firstly, Podolski is not as good as RVP. You're right, let's not derail this thread, but you're wrong. Just wanted to point that out.

Secondly, it's the same 4-3-3 formation, but you'll see Podolski slot in at the left. If RVP is injured or fatigued, Podolski would play in the center, but he cannot possibly displace RVP because he isn't better
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Same as always, with Podolski on the left wing in rotation with Gervinho. Would send Arshavin out of the club, but oh well.

The best thing is that he has enough technique to play as the lone striker, which allows RVP some much needed rest and an able backup.

4-4-2 is much too rigid for the game Arsenal plays, plus we have way too many central players and not enough strikers.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:14 pm

Iceman wrote:Firstly, Podolski is not as good as RVP. You're right, let's not derail this thread, but you're wrong. Just wanted to point that out.

Secondly, it's the same 4-3-3 formation, but you'll see Podolski slot in at the left. If RVP is injured or fatigued, Podolski would play in the center, but he cannot possibly displace RVP because he isn't better

It is a clear breech of forum rules to state that any player is better than Podolski. It should be remember that this rule stands even when comparing him to other god like players such as RVP.

As a first offender, I will let you off with a verbal warning smoking
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
Iceman wrote:Firstly, Podolski is not as good as RVP. You're right, let's not derail this thread, but you're wrong. Just wanted to point that out.

It is a clear breech of forum rules to state that any player is better than Podolski. It should be remember that this rule stands even when comparing him to other god like players such as RVP.

Its also against the law in most countries comparing any player to RVP. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:22 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Its also against the law in most countries comparing any player to RVP. :coffee:

Yes I am well aware of article 5.8 which states the above. However as you eluded to this law only takes effect in some countries.

I think you'll find that on an internet forum international law prevails and thus the Podolski law cannot be broken.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Pudolski will go to the LW in place of gervinho.

And he will be a back up striker for RVP through the centre if rvp picks up a knock
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Yes I am well aware of article 5.8 which states the above. However as you eluded to this law only takes effect in some countries.

I think you'll find that on an internet forum international law prevails and thus the Podolski law cannot be broken.

Conventional wisdom says that it's futile to compare gods.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:52 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Conventional wisdom says that it's futile to compare gods.

This may be so, but the Podolski law still applies Afro
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 pm

juventus101 wrote:Why? I personally feel like RVP is iverrated

GO AND WASH YOUR MOUTH WITH SOAP, LOTS OF SOAP

look at my sig, mate, look and feel sorry
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:07 pm

just shove him on the left wing if RVP gets injured then play him upfront
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:09 pm

Really though, in response to the thread title "if podolski goes to arsenal how will they play?"

the answer is AWESOME.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:12 pm

lenear1030 wrote:Really though, in response to the thread title "if podolski goes to arsenal how will they play?"

the answer is Invincible.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

fixed.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:12 pm

If Podolski comes to Arsenal, how will we play?

Unstoppably.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:21 pm

juventus101 wrote:If Podolski actually goes to Arsenal, how will they play? Cuz ive heard some people claiming that hell be a backup for RVP. First off, Poldi > RVP. Secondly, I doubt Wenger would buy Podolski as a backup. So how would they play?
'

Are you kidding me? RVP is breaking EPL records, has been a force since last year.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:59 am

Gervinho to the bench then?
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:06 am

chaval wrote:Gervinho to the bench then?

It's not REALLY to the bench, but more rotation.

Wenger is going to rotate a lot more this year , and IF he gets Podolski, he'll be rotating

Ski, Gerv, Theo, Ox, and Arsha on the wings with RVP , Ski, Chams, and Park on up front,

Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta, Song, Frimpong, Rosicky, Coquelin, and Diaby in the midfield,

and Kos, Verm, Mert, and Djo on the CB.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:29 pm

i dont think Arsenal will pay ~15Mil
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:11 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:i dont think Arsenal will pay ~15Mil

Y you no thinks so? :coffee:

You have deceived me.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:17 am

whats with the podolski hype all of a sudeen :S

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next