Raptorgunner
kiranr
Red Alert
Sushi Master
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Do You Rate Oriol Romeu? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Do You Rate Oriol Romeu?

Post by Kick Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:54 pm

Name some young players who moved from their hometown to a different speaking country and in their first 4 games out preforms their long serving midfielder?

The kid has lots of potential, if he is doing what he is doing now, Imagine him when he is used to our system, players and way of life.

He is already better in the tackle and on the ball than Mikel, we all feel safer when Romeu is in DM because he won't lose the ball that easily.

And lastly, I don't rate him because he is from Bacra, he could be from a cannibalistic tribe in the amazon for all I care, I rate him because he has been preforming well.

He would walk into man Uniteds midfield IMO.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Who says Romeu is rated? He's just the only half decent on the ball guy Chelsea have.

Half of the forum is calling him " New Makelele " Laughing

He's the new makelele...

No but being 20, in Chelsea, as a Spaniard is not an easy thing for anyone. The fact that he's pretty much starting (I think? Don't watch too much Chelsea) in this Chelsea side is a feat in itself. He's a great passer and ball handler and alongside Juan Mata actually is one of the best ones there in that regard (lol La Liga bias ftw but still kinda true).

I also don't think he's doing as bad as you say Mole. I think he's been pretty decent mopping up back there and providing the assistance the defense need. Otherwise he probably wouldn't be anywhere near the Starting 11. I think AVB will agree with me.

He's pretty highly rated as a 'prospect'. And I agree. Although people on here do tend to overrate for fun, so that's probably where 'new makelele' came from.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:11 am

fatman123 wrote:moles still mad after the 3-0

If i was mad i would bag on a player that actually had an effect on the game Laughing

I just dont see what makes so good ( coming from the guy that rates Lucas, Mikel,Song and Busquets higher than anyone on this forum)

You are hyping for doing nothing more than what Mikel was doing and you were hating on Mikel for that exact same reason......

Why Do You Rate Oriol Romeu? - Page 2 Scapegoat

:coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 am

Tbf, Mikel has and will always be a CM.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:15 am

There's a footballer named Oreo ?? Never heard of this guy before

hmm
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:30 am

I didn't know anyone rated him that highly... new to me... Other than Englishjewel and Khaled, I haven't noticed hype.

By rate him, I'll take that as thinking he's a talented youngster who will probably be one of the better DMs of the future. I rate him then, I think he'll be a good player.

Because he was at Barca? No. I didn't really like him at Barca tbh, when I watched Barca B I didn't think he was that good, preferred Fontas at DM. However, when I've watched him for Chelsea I like him. Neat and tidy on the ball, strong, decent tackler, pretty smart tactically. Not the perfect player yet obviously, but he looks pretty good.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Half of this thread makes me just facepalm so hard.......

Romeu > Mikel end of story and the lack of respect shown to Chelsea is just funny, sure not as beast as they were a few years back but to get into the X11 at 20 for Chelsea is a MASSIVE achievement. Especially considering that we ain't even known for playing youngsters, from Barca or from Acrington Stanley I personally don't give a shite he's better than Mikel full stop.

There's no conincidence that we started playing better in the midfield when he broke into the X11, coupled that with the results we got given.
But you know sack it because at the end of the day the guy with the most posts on this forums view and tactical insight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AVB, then sure beans.

Yes Romeu hasn't been perfect and had some players get past him, but you know what shit happens. Heskey's had like 60 England caps, Messi's miscontrolled the ball before.

He's only 20, already a good player with so much more to come and saying that we only rate him because he came from Barca, is just a joke.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:11 pm

1. You are picking up results now because AVB changed the tactics that was more suitable to the player not because f*cking Romeu

2. Who cares if people go past him? A DM's job is to stop play and start attacks and he never stops attacks Laughing

3. If half of the forum did'nt call scapegoat Mikel and blaming him for Chelsea's bad performances for doing no worse than Romeu is now and praising Romeu for doing no better than Mikel you would'nt see threads like this lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Yeah no coincidence now he has pretty much set X11 that we have improved, back before the times of AVB. Mikel was still relatively average back in the Carlo days with the biggest beef being slow on the ball off the ball just slow.

Yeah so those tackles he makes every game don't exist, I wonder what all the other thousands or even millions have been watching. Maybe its a part of his Barca DNA deception, he actually never tackles anyone it looks like he does but if mole says he never stops attacks then you know its written in stone.

Also love the start attacks thing, because don't get me started on the Mikel starting attacks crap because that should be as clear to day as anyone who watches his games.

No one scapegoats Mikel, in-fact the majority of the Chelsea fans here really rate him, or at least used to. When we were playing shit no one scape goated him, Liverpool goal was his fault period but we move on. We all knew the WHOLE team was pretty shit back then, even Mata wasn't playing that great them weeks ago. Fact is if you watch both of them you can just tell by the technique and overall game-play who's the better DM.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Yh true Mikel dont start attacks, but at least he stops them on a regular basis Laughing

Seriously, i have heard of hyping players for great performances but never for doing no more than someone you scapegoated for bad performances ( you did btw)

Bravo Why Do You Rate Oriol Romeu? - Page 2 2759d1319475051-welcome-eight-forums-clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley-emoticon-000340-large
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:36 pm

Yeah but so does Romeu, I don't get your point.

You contradict yourself though there you like Mikel don't start attacks, but then you say Romeu doesn't do any-more than Mikel which you know is bull.
I would bring up that table of passing stats & what not but that's no use your set on your ways believing you know more about football then AVB, but this is the net what ever makes you happy.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:55 pm

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2011/12/3/2606819/chelsea-individual-statistics-november-2011#storyjump

http://carefreechronicles.blogspot.com/2011/12/romeu-vs-valencia-win-balls-start.html

http://carefreechronicles.blogspot.com/2011/12/five-points-to-ponder-newcastle-0-3.html

Knock yourself out, from UNBIAS Chelsea sources. Oh and I forget to give credit to Mikel on one thing at least hes better than Romeu in which is aerial ability for sure.

First link, just the stats enjoy. 2 & 3 all I read is Romeu and tackles which is rather ironic isn't it? Or is it? :lol!:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Sure it shows tackles made, but does it show tackles not made?

Coz majority of the time Romeu just lets players waltz past him ffs.

Who gives a shit if he has a good passing accuracy if he cant defend, the reason i have a problem with Romeu is because he does the things required of a CM not a DM.

And you are all hyping for average performances that are no better than Mikel's and thats a fact.

Also Unbias Chelsea sources? how the f*ck can it be unbiased when its done by Chelsea fans and based on Chelsea ? Ofc theres Bias lol.

Anyway what ever its clear this is going nowhere if you think Romeu is the New Makelele and Mikel is shit then fair enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Come on Mole clearly the benefit of the doubt that falls on many of the posters here due to language barriers here can't be applied to you.

It shows tackles attempted too, he attempts more tackles (and wins them) than Mikel per game.

I don't particularly get your beef with Romeu, did he bone your sister or something? He can defend stat's show it, AVB obviously rates him above Mikel right now.

It's unbias in terms of they post it as diplomatically as possible, I even saw one where they posted something like "the completely useless/ horribly underrated [delete according to taste] John Obi Mikel"

If that's not impartial and unbias I don't know what is, I don't think he's new Makelele. & yes I'm probably the biggest Mikel hater Chelsea wise on this board but that doesn't change the fact that Romeu is boss.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Subbed after 45 mins after the worse DM performance seen since Eric Djemba-Djemba.......

NEW MAKELELE ROFL LOL.

EVEN WORSE THAN FABREGAS AT CM FOR BARCA LOL...... 5MILLION NOTN WORTH 5 CASHEW NUTS FFS LMAO Laughing

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Jibers awesomeness)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:38 pm

that was a pretty bad performance from him
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Mole taking his anger out on Romeu

Understandable.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2