Eduardo Vargas snubs Chelsea for Napoli

+2
Lord Awesome
BarrileteCosmico
6 posters

Go down

Eduardo Vargas snubs Chelsea for Napoli Empty Eduardo Vargas snubs Chelsea for Napoli

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:15 am

Eduardo Vargas has announced that he will depart Universidad de Chile in order to join Napoli once the transfer window reopens in January.

In an interview with Radio Cooperativa on Saturday, the 22-year-old ended speculation about his future by confirming his €13.6 million move to southern Italy, where he is confident he will prove to be a success alongside fellow South Americans Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi.

"Yes I will be joining Napoli, a large team in Italy," said Vargas. "I'm sure I'll do very well there. I [already] know Cavani and Lavezzi.

"I am very happy that everything was tied up quickly, and for me to play in Italy is a dream come true."

Universidad shareholder Carlos Heller also announced the news to the Chilean press, expressing his delight at seeing the forward make the step-up to a European club of Napoli's calibre.

"It was very late last night when an agreement was made, but we are proud to reach it with the former club of Diego Maradona in Italy," said the official.

"Eduardo joins a team with a great trophy cabinet. For him and the national-team, it is outstanding."

Vargas shot to stardom this year thanks to his consistently impressive performances for the Chilean club; including his exploits in the Copa Sudamericana, where he topped the goalscoring charts with 11 strikes, plus international recognition.

His transfer is also a record for someone playing in Chile, overtaking the deal which took Colo Colo's Arturo Vidal to Bayer Leverkusen in 2007.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Eduardo Vargas snubs Chelsea for Napoli Empty Re: Eduardo Vargas snubs Chelsea for Napoli

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:30 am

Napoli's now have an Attacking trident.

Oh what could been. Sad
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Eduardo Vargas snubs Chelsea for Napoli Empty Re: Eduardo Vargas snubs Chelsea for Napoli

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:45 am

FFFUUUUUUAAAAARRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

Napoli are gradually getting scarier and scarier

Vargas - Cavani - Lavezzi

Insigne on the bench (as of next season)
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.galliani Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:48 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:FFFUUUUUUAAAAARRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

Napoli are gradually getting scarier and scarier

Vargas - Cavani - Lavezzi

Insigne on the bench (as of next season)

I believe it will be Lavezzi on the left and Vargas on the right. What scares me more than that is the potential midfield duo we could see behind this attack; Hamsik and Inler. Flair and power, accuracy and possession.

Wow.
mr.galliani
mr.galliani
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:18 am

pretty good signing for napoli. napoli is becoming one of the powerhouse of italian football. great stuff...

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Hasn't signed for Nap yet.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Reports say Napoli can't agree personal terms and Inter have since matched their bid...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum