Gil rofl

Now that guy was crazy.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Del Nido sentenced to Jail - Page 2 Empty Re: Del Nido sentenced to Jail

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:39 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The only man who wanted to rise up and make things fair.

Unfortunately you don't go after the mafia and get away with it.

Black day for Spanish football Sad
+1
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:28 am

He wanted clubs to earn equal tv rights money so he could probably steal some for himself...
yet some people here glorify him for that whilst ignoring the fact he is a criminal for outside football related reasons.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:18 am

Gil was mayor of Marbella?

The more you know.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:47 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The only man who wanted to rise up and make things fair.

+1
Again, that is not true. This guy wanted the individual tv contracts more than anyone. The only reason why he changed his mind was because he got less than what he had expected, not to make it more fair.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:18 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Can't believe so many people hate him for wanting to join 18 clubs vs the big 2 for a collective bargaining of tv rights. He's right.
He probably was at the time but let's be honest. Some Spanish clubs are run by absolute crooks and Del Nido I can guarantee is not the only one that might end up in jail.

The TV deal is a big deal but giving shady crooks more money won't fix Spanish football.

As for the actual sentence I'm not surprised lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:20 pm

harhar11 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

+1
Again, that is not true. This guy wanted the individual tv contracts more than anyone. The only reason why he changed his mind was because he got less than what he had expected, not to make it more fair.
To add to this Del Nido heavily campaigned for Segunda clubs to get waaaaaay less money, effectively destroying many smaller clubs in the country. This guy didn't give a sh*t about a more fair league.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Zealous wrote:To add to this Del Nido heavily campaigned for Segunda clubs to get waaaaaay less money, effectively destroying many smaller clubs in the country. This guy didn't give a sh*t about a more fair league.
This, I did not know. If this is true, then it's even more ridiculous for people to say that he wanted to make a more fair league.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:12 pm

You two can't be serious, right? Laughing

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:16 pm

Pippo wrote:You two can't be serious, right? Laughing

Why?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:14 pm

How can anyone possibly think that del Nido wanted the current television deal, or that he campaigned for Segunda clubs to get even less money? I mean, not only is it incredibly wrong, but it's really ironic (and funny) considering it's coming from a Barça and RM supporter.

I mean, even from 2010, del Nido was against the current revenue-sharing -- if it can even be called sharing -- system. This is well documented through interviews by him and other club owners and reports by the media. Not only did he fight against the ruling for the individual deals, he led the opposition against the new collective system that was proposed.

http://www.mundoplus.tv/noticias/?seccion=deportes&id=54352 - November 2010
A dozen clubs, led by Sevilla,  oppose the model agreed by the other clubs, which assures that RM, Barça, Valencia, and Atlético get 45% of the revenue. At stake is the economic future of the Primera. [...] In its proposal, Sevilla wants 50% of the money raised through the collective television contract to be distributed equally among all the clubs, 25% depending on audience, and the remaining 25% based on league classification. This bid represents the interests of the middle class of the league.

According to the majority decision signed by nearly all clubs, RM and Barça share 34% of the joint income, while Atlético and Valencia share 11%.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_6512983,00.html - November 2010
A study published in May by consulting firm Sport+Markt showed Real and Barca earned almost 19 times more from TV deals than the smallest clubs in the top division - by far the biggest gap among European leagues.

The richest clubs in the Premier League, which earns just over a billion euros a year in broadcast revenue, earned around 1.7 times more than their smaller rivals.
http://soccerlens.com/tv-rights-row-threatens-to-split-spanish-football/61326/ - December 2010
A rift is beginning to develop in Spanish football over the share of future television money from the LFP (Spanish League) after a meeting attended by all first division clubs. Six of them – Sevilla, Zaragoza, Villarreal, Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao and Espanyol – have all officially distanced themselves from any proposed agreement, and Sevilla president José María del Nido, spokesman for the group, explained the position to Palabra de Fútbol radio:

“Only Real Madrid and Barcelona stand to gain from this,” del Nido said. “The two giants have earned €1,500 million more than the next club in the last ten years, and with this agreement in place four clubs – Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético Madrid and Valencia – will all earn more in the next six years than a team that finishes third in the league.”
http://www.marca.com/2011/08/29/futbol/equipos/sevilla/1314654693.html - August 2011
"Our league is not just the worst in Europe, but the world. It is a third-world league in which two clubs subtract the television money from other competitors. [...] I wonder how many viewers were left in the RZ-RM match (which ended 0:6) 30 minutes into the second half. The sponsors should see this too. Coca-Cola should not pay for game in which the outcome is rigged.

For the love of God, are there any fans not saying that the league is prostituted, adulterated, corrupted? The radio income will be another scrap to make the biggest clubs bigger and the rest even smaller." - del Nido
He's the one alongside Roig of Villarreal that were leading the cause to make equality in terms of television revenue in La Liga. However, they can't and will not get the unanimous voting because of the G-30 and the possible and very likely sanctions that will occur if all the other clubs were to agree with the "revolt".

Tebas was well-known to sympathise with the big four during the meeting period, and that's why Atlético and Valencia did not attend, because they know that if they join the others they will lose their big cut.

Del Nido sentenced to Jail - Page 2 Comparativaw+copia

But no, del Nido didn't care at all for a more fair league :facepalm:

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Did you even read what I said? I said AT FIRST he was in favour of it, but once he saw that Sevilla would get less than he expected, he became the spoke person to make the league more fair(rofl). And correct me if I am wrong, but the individual tv deal started long before 2010, no?

Like i said, he doesn't care about making the league more fair. All he cares about is Sevilla and making them better. And if an individual tv deal would have been better for Sevilla, like he though at first, he would still be in favour of it. Just look at when Sevilla was dominating the Europa League and was a potential league winner. In those times he said nothing and, IIRC, there was already an individual tv deal by then..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:16 pm

harhar11 wrote:Did you even read what I said? I said AT FIRST he was in favour of it, but once he saw that Sevilla would get less than he expected, he became the spoke person to make the league more fair(rofl). And correct me if I am wrong, but the individual tv deal started long before 2010, no?

Like i said, he doesn't care about making the league more fair. All he cares about is Sevilla and making them better. And if an individual tv deal would have been better for Sevilla, like he though at first, he would still be in favour of it. Just look at when Sevilla was dominating the Europa League and was a potential league winner. In those times he said nothing and, IIRC, there was already an individual tv deal by then..
No, he was at first against the individual television ruling because at the time it was clear that RM and Barça would get the vast majority of the share. It was accepted at the time because the majority group of La Liga accepted the decision.

Is there any source on del Nido being in favour of the individual allocation in the first place? That sounds incredibly far-fetched. Sevilla never had the standing of the big four in Spain, not even during the mid-2000s, so I don't understand what you're trying to claim. I also hope you do realise that Sevilla were not in the same financial situation in the mid-2000s that they currently are in.

Sevilla were never a "potential league winner". That one season was quite clearly an anomaly as both Barça and RM had very poor seasons by their standards.

Not only is del Nido trying to make this a better financial scenario for Sevilla, he is making a better financial scenario for the rest of the league. Listen to Roig's interview with Cope to see what del Nido is actually trying to do for the rest of the league, not jut for himself.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:33 pm

I can't find any article about it seeing as it around 10 years back. And Sevilla was a one of the best teams in la liga during the mid 00's.

Like I told you, if he was against it from the start, then why didn't he say anything about it in mid 00's when Sevilla were winning titles?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2