guest7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Messiah
Sushi Master
S32TABLANCA
39 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Who do you think was the best defensive midfielder of 2011?

Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_lcap21%Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 16 ]
Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_lcap35%Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 27 ]
Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_lcap1%Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_lcap21%Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 16 ]
Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_lcap8%Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 78

Poll closed

Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:This isn't true. Mancini plays with 2 DM most of the time and sometimes last year he played with three. He pretty much plays the same position as Xabi Alonso for Spain as they play with him and Busquets as DM's but he gets forward more often. Yet most people on here have no problem saying Xabi is a DM.

Just because he's good at going forward doesn't mean he's an attacking midfielder, I don't think anyone has ever called him an attacking midfielder ffs.

Xabi does not play as a DM with Spain, Busquets does that in his own way. He plays as a DM with Real Madrid. Yaya does not play as a DM for City, or at least did not in this year. Which is why I will put him in the CM poll not the DM one.

YEa, and when Lass is in the game he is not magically an attacking midfielder, he is still a DM mOu is just choosing to play more then one DM but he gets forward more often. I mean if your putting Bastian and Xabi in this poll but saying Yaya doesn't belong it makes no sense. And BTW you don't have to play with one DM, if you remember back to last year everyone in the Brittish press were getting on Mancini for playing too conservative because he was playing with 2 or even 3 defensive midfielders every game. Just because De Jong is in the game doesn't mean Yaya isn't a DM at that time. I mean Mou has played with 3 DM's as well with Pepe in the Defensive midfield.

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: Goallegacy's best Defensive Midfielder of 2011

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:29 pm

kiranr wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:I have said over and over again I thought we had more steal in our midfield with Yaya and he was more flexible then Busquets. I mean Yaya looked like a monster in La Liga because he was so much bigger then everyone and was like a one man wrecking crew in midfield. I just think he does more then Busquests does for us all though busquets is the best one trick pony in the world.

It's hard to argue against our form right now but I just think Yaya made us play more direct and was a rock in defense if we needed to put him back there plus we were much better defending set pieces with him.

Dont your remember Pep's comments about choosing Busquets over Yaya? He said Busquets used to hold his position, but Yaya failed to do that consistently. So while your point about his talents are true, he was not a good tactical fit according to Pep. Which is why he did not see much playing time at Barcelona.

Now in City, he has the freedom to move forward as he has De Jong or Barry behind him. That would not have been possible at Barca.

Yup but Pep also said he never wanted to let him go and regrets ever selling him as he would have loved to have him and Busquets split time. I wont lie, Busquets diving and acting bothers me to no end and I like what Yaya brings to the table more then Busquets. YEs we don't have as much of the ball with Yaya in the game but we were also way more direct so we were not passing it sideways as much so there is some give and take there.

It's hard to put down Busquets right now because he has been brilliant but so was Yaya when he played for us he is just a different player then Busquets.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:34 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:This isn't true. Mancini plays with 2 DM most of the time and sometimes last year he played with three. He pretty much plays the same position as Xabi Alonso for Spain as they play with him and Busquets as DM's but he gets forward more often. Yet most people on here have no problem saying Xabi is a DM.

Just because he's good at going forward doesn't mean he's an attacking midfielder, I don't think anyone has ever called him an attacking midfielder ffs.

Xabi does not play as a DM with Spain, Busquets does that in his own way. He plays as a DM with Real Madrid. Yaya does not play as a DM for City, or at least did not in this year. Which is why I will put him in the CM poll not the DM one.

YEa, and when Lass is in the game he is not magically an attacking midfielder, he is still a DM mOu is just choosing to play more then one DM but he gets forward more often. I mean if your putting Bastian and Xabi in this poll but saying Yaya doesn't belong it makes no sense. And BTW you don't have to play with one DM, if you remember back to last year everyone in the Brittish press were getting on Mancini for playing too conservative because he was playing with 2 or even 3 defensive midfielders every game. Just because De Jong is in the game doesn't mean Yaya isn't a DM at that time. I mean Mou has played with 3 DM's as well with Pepe in the Defensive midfield.

Of course you can play with more than 1 DM, but Spain does not do that. Busquets is the DM, Xabi plays further up with Xavi. At least until very recently. A flawed system IMO, but whatever. The difference is that Xabi and Schweini do play as DMs most of the time, Yaya does not. He will be in the CM poll.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
kiranr wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:I have said over and over again I thought we had more steal in our midfield with Yaya and he was more flexible then Busquets. I mean Yaya looked like a monster in La Liga because he was so much bigger then everyone and was like a one man wrecking crew in midfield. I just think he does more then Busquests does for us all though busquets is the best one trick pony in the world.

It's hard to argue against our form right now but I just think Yaya made us play more direct and was a rock in defense if we needed to put him back there plus we were much better defending set pieces with him.

Dont your remember Pep's comments about choosing Busquets over Yaya? He said Busquets used to hold his position, but Yaya failed to do that consistently. So while your point about his talents are true, he was not a good tactical fit according to Pep. Which is why he did not see much playing time at Barcelona.

Now in City, he has the freedom to move forward as he has De Jong or Barry behind him. That would not have been possible at Barca.

Yup but Pep also said he never wanted to let him go and regrets ever selling him as he would have loved to have him and Busquets split time. I wont lie, Busquets diving and acting bothers me to no end and I like what Yaya brings to the table more then Busquets. YEs we don't have as much of the ball with Yaya in the game but we were also way more direct so we were not passing it sideways as much so there is some give and take there.

It's hard to put down Busquets right now because he has been brilliant but so was Yaya when he played for us he is just a different player then Busquets.

Yes, I agree about the Busquets diving.

I get your point about Yaya. However, when Yaya was still with us, as many teams were not parking the bus like they are now. But yes, Yaya and Busquets would have been an amazing choice to have.

You should also post in the Barca section.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

Of course you can play with more than 1 DM, but Spain does not do that. Busquets is the DM, Xabi plays further up with Xavi. At least until very recently. A flawed system IMO, but whatever. The difference is that Xabi and Schweini do play as DMs most of the time, Yaya does not. He will be in the CM poll.

Sorry dude but this just isn't true. Bastian ALWAYS plays with another DM at Bayern with Van Bommel and the brazilian guy he plays with now and for Germany he has Khedira and before that Ballack. I mean like I said if Xabi and Bastian are on this list then Yaya should be as well there really isn't much of a difference at all.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:44 pm

On another note, I just don't see how someone can say that Yaya gets forward more then Bastian. IF you watch Germany and BAyern play Bastian is getting forward all the time.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4