Swanhends
Potential
Le Samourai
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Balotelli defends Suarez Empty Balotelli defends Suarez

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:50 pm

'The FA are willing to ban someone based on one persons claim, In that case, the whole man u team abused me'

:bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Balotelli defends Suarez Empty Re: Balotelli defends Suarez

Post by Potential Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:58 pm

:bow: The greatest character ever!
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:01 pm

sup guys

Balotelli defends Suarez Balotelli
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:03 pm

bhends wrote:sup guys

Balotelli defends Suarez Balotelli

A balotelli plus Mancini partnership :bow:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:07 pm

He's obviously missed the part where Suarez admitted to calling him a 'negrito'.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:23 pm

cheesy wrote:He's obviously missed the part where Suarez admitted to calling him a 'negrito'.

With no discriminatory intention. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
cheesy wrote:He's obviously missed the part where Suarez admitted to calling him a 'negrito'.

With no discriminatory intention. :coffee:
That's not a valid excuse. He could quite easily be lying about that. Anyone with a bit of sense wouldn't use a racial slur in any case.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:32 pm

cheesy wrote:That's not a valid excuse. He could quite easily be lying about that. Anyone with a bit of sense wouldn't use a racial slur in any case.

He refered to him as "little dark one" or "little black one" not the "N" word as everyone in United and seemingly the FA are conveniently interperting as.

Maybe Evra though Suarez was making fun of his. Laughing

Anyway, it's not even an excuse. Evra's just trolling Suarez and LFC litterally. Pretty sure he's been called N word by his colleagues yet not a murmur as he knew he wasn't being discriminated.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
cheesy wrote:That's not a valid excuse. He could quite easily be lying about that. Anyone with a bit of sense wouldn't use a racial slur in any case.

He refered to him as "little dark one" or "little black one" not the "N" word as everyone in United and seemingly the FA are conveniently interperting as.

Anyway, it's not even an excuse. Evra's just trolling Suarez and LFC litterally. Pretty sure he's been called N word by his colleagues yet not a murmur as he knew he wasn't being discriminated.
You see, that's offensive. If Evra interprets that as being offensive, then he's not taking it too far or anything like that at all. Why bring in the 'dark' or 'black' part? It's racism, even if not in it's most extreme form.

You say that Evra has probably been called the same by his teammates, yet you can't prove this, can you? It's rich to then accuse someone of something without prove, when you're trying to defend a player in a similar situation.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:

uruguay4life was banned from this forum for calling Ganso (user) "negro sucio", and he tried to argue that it didn't mean anything racist... lol...............

(and he is white!! scratch )
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:44 pm

rsinatra wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

uruguay4life was banned from this forum for calling Ganso (user) "negro sucio", and he tried to argue that it didn't mean anything racist... lol...............

Negro sucio is racist it means filthy black

Negrito is not racist.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:45 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

Negro sucio is racist it means filthy black

Negrito is not racist.

I know very well what it means and what it represents, but I think that negrito can very well be interpreted as racist too , depending on the circumstances. Was he being friendly and laughing with Evra when he said that?
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:46 pm

rsinatra wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

Uruguay was actually being racist. Laughing That "sucio" part spews it all IMO.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:49 pm

cheesy wrote:You see, that's offensive. If Evra interprets that as being offensive, then he's not taking it too far or anything like that at all. Why bring in the 'dark' or 'black' part? It's racism, even if not in it's most extreme form.

You say that Evra has probably been called the same by his teammates, yet you can't prove this, can you? It's rich to then accuse someone of something without prove, when you're trying to defend a player in a similar situation.

Evra interpets it as racist in a convienient matter. The term itself isn't actually racist.

I don't need to prove it. Everyone gets called something. I'm no exception either. Why should Evra? Unless you have prove he wasn't. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

Uruguay was actually being racist. Laughing That "sucio" part spews it all IMO.

nono i am being misinterpreted here!! i do not think that he wasn't racist. HE WAS, and it was correct to ban him!! i just think that there isn't a big difference if suarez called evra a negrito , because of the circumstances.. or am i misinformed? were they being friendly to each other? did suarez not mean it as an insult?
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:53 pm

in Brazil the term "neguinho" or "nego" (colloquial forms of negrinho, negro) are not really racist.. in fact, it even is a way to call someone who's dear to you.. but it all depends on the circumstances..

here's a great song about a little black boy called "upa neguinho"

rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:53 pm

rsinatra wrote:nono i am being misinterpreted here!! i do not think that he wasn't racist. HE WAS, and it was correct to ban him!! i just think that there isn't a big difference if suarez called evra a negrito , because of the circumstances.. or am i misinformed? were they being friendly to each other? did suarez not mean it as an insult?

They wern't friendly towards each other. Niether was it meant as an insult.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:54 pm

The insult was

tienes una problema?

If Suarez wanted to attack his race he wouldn't have called him negrito.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
rsinatra wrote:nono i am being misinterpreted here!! i do not think that he wasn't racist. HE WAS, and it was correct to ban him!! i just think that there isn't a big difference if suarez called evra a negrito , because of the circumstances.. or am i misinformed? were they being friendly to each other? did suarez not mean it as an insult?

so what you are saying is that said "balblablablabla, negrito." ?? just as a normal adjective?
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:58 pm

GL making rumours up again! :bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:00 pm

rsinatra wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

so what you are saying is that said "balblablablabla, negrito." ?? just as a normal adjective?

negrito is a noun.

the closest literal translation is mate or brother(not biological)
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
cheesy wrote:You see, that's offensive. If Evra interprets that as being offensive, then he's not taking it too far or anything like that at all. Why bring in the 'dark' or 'black' part? It's racism, even if not in it's most extreme form.

Evra interpets it as racist in a convienient matter. The term itself isn't actually racist.

I don't need to prove it. Everyone gets called something. I'm no exception either. Why should Evra? Unless you have prove he wasn't. Laughing

You can't guarantee that others call him it though, it's basically you making assumptions. How would you like it if the independent panel had looked at Suarez and found him guilty because they assumed he would be.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:03 pm

If this goes to the courts the FA would get hammered.That's not even up for discussion.

@Cheesy that's exactly what happened and I think you see how we feel. :facepalm:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:07 pm

cheesy wrote:
You can't guarantee that others call him it though, it's basically you making assumptions. How would you like it if the independent panel had looked at Suarez and found him guilty because they assumed he would be.

You can't guarantee that they haven't, either.

Assuming is something Evra did. And in a convenient matter, I might add.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Balotelli never said that :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name