VanDeezNuts
CBarca
Tomwin Lannister
Dnmac4
Albiceleste
Mr Nick09
13 posters

Go down

Garrido sacked from Villarreal. Empty Garrido sacked from Villarreal.

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Well, Garrido just got sacked over losing against Segunda division (3rd dividion in england) minnow Miranda, 0-2 in a return Copa del Rey game, which eliminated them.

Garrido had a meeting with Villarreal management this week, and it was thought that he would continue until the end of the season, and would try to minimize damages.

Villarreal fell way off the top 4 spot they enjoyed last season. They lost Cazorla, Rossi is injured, and now they are looking to sell Nilmar. Villarreal last season was a very very tight and well ran unit, that lost its midfield core in the summer, and completely went sideways. The fault in my opinion, is on the management that made the worst possible decision in selling Cazorla instead of Rossi. They tried to hustle Barcelona too hard, and lost a great opportunity. It's easier to rebuild when the core of your team is intact. Their signings were also very underwhelming, De Guzman is not the player to replace Cazorla, they missed out on Canales because they refused to loan him, and Zapata has been complete failure. In my opinion, responsibility is on management.

They are now looking to replace Garrido, and Michel is the n1 candidate.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Garrido sacked from Villarreal. Empty Re: Garrido sacked from Villarreal.

Post by Albiceleste Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Finally, they have been absolute crap this season, not one point in the Champion's League. Disgrace.

Selling Cazorla :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Yup, poor bastard he never had a chance this year.

I said it the minute they sold Cazorla over Rossi. Rossi had wanted out of there to pretty much anyone who would take him and Cazorla was Villareal through and through coming up from there youth system. I guess the board just didn't understand football because it would be like Barca selling Xavi as there whole system flowed through Cazorla.

They deserve everything that is happening to them this year. And just like I said when the season started they will be lucky to avoid relegation.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:19 pm

The funny part is that some on here thought Borja was better then Cazorla and would carry them this year.

I tried telling them the only reason Borja had a monster year last year was because he was playing next to Cazorla.

As much as they deserve it, it is sad as Villareal played some of the best football in Europe.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:19 pm

I remember arguing with juventus fans about Rossi who they think is god and was carrying Villarreal last year. I told them so many times they were wrong.

What Cazorla, Borja, Soriano and Cani were doing last year was truly wonderful. Sure Rossi was a big piece to convert chances, but their game was so over relying on the chemistry they had in the midfield that they could have made it through without Rossi.

So bumped that great side is gone, they were playing stunning footy last year.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:26 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I remember arguing with juventus fans about Rossi who they think is god and was carrying Villarreal last year. I told them so many times they were wrong.

What Cazorla, Borja, Soriano and Cani were doing last year was truly wonderful. Sure Rossi was a big piece to convert chances, but their game was so over relying on the chemistry they had in the midfield that they could have made it through without Rossi.

So bumped that great side is gone, they were playing stunning footy last year.

Yea, when you have midfielders playing at a high level like that forwards are a dime a dozen. I mean it's so much harder for a team like Villareal to get a midfielder like Cazorla then a clinical forward.

The only way they should have ever sold Cazorla is if someone blew them away with a huge offer.

But he was criminally underrated as when rumors came out that he was going to be sold for 20 mill I started a thread to say how shocked I was and what a steal it was and tons of people thought that price was fine and that he probably wasn't even worth 20 mill.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:37 pm

The train wreck who also go by the name of Villareal are great to watch. Not because of their football but because they're plummeting down.

Losing to that club is a disgrace. Never should have sold Carzola. Now Nilmar will be gone to Roma and Rossi will get back to match fitness and leave.

The yellow submarine is descending deep into the waters of relegation. :dance:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:39 pm

I like how so far this thread has been bragging about how they KNEW Villareal would suck cause they sold Cazorla and not Rossi lol

Well...Garrido or not they won't be doing much better than they are this season probably. But I guess sometimes change is needed so this might be what they need? Idk

Guess we'll find out. Hope they do better. I've always had a liking for Villareal, kind of.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:52 pm

michel shouldnt touch that job with a 10m stick, the management there truly just wrecked villareal for the next 5-10 years.

how can you sell off such assets to the team? now they are going to be in a much worse financial situation as well as reputation.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:58 pm

CBarca wrote:I like how so far this thread has been bragging about how they KNEW Villareal would suck cause they sold Cazorla and not Rossi lol

Well...Garrido or not they won't be doing much better than they are this season probably. But I guess sometimes change is needed so this might be what they need? Idk

Guess we'll find out. Hope they do better. I've always had a liking for Villareal, kind of.

We didnt "KNOW", we arent psychics, but watching Villarreal, and seeing them sell Cazorla, we knew something like this could happen.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:49 am

How people talks as if it is a Carzola effect is beyond me.

They already had a thin squad and their only two worth strikers were Injured.

Their back up players,most of them were injured hence Garrido had no chance of rotation until now.

And for Dn Mac--wtf do you watch villarreal any more? Bruno and Borja are still their best players and they are doing their job too,its just that all others sucks and the squad is super exhausted due to injuries and lack of rotation.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:43 am

the Villareal team from last season could compete with any team in the world

they fell apart this year
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:21 am

villarreal's 15 minutes are up... they've had a good run where they bought players with the money they got from their fluke cl run, now it's back to being a small struggling club

and the search for a rival continues...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:13 am

yh get michel, that way we can loan out all our youngsters to villarreal

perfect, i say
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:18 am

tbh i dont think anything like this would have happened had they actually loaned canales

that guy would fit into that team like a hand in a glove, but their stubborn management thought they were bigger than loaning players

watch them come to us now to ask for Morata, Sarabia and CBs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:34 am

Deservedly.

Let's hope the new coach manages to convert Vila-real Castilla into a non Castilla team.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:43 am

how many castillas are out there lol

Espanyol
Getafe
Villarreal

have i forgotten any??

their style of play is just more pain in the arse for barca than us(the posession football clash)

Espanyol has a madridista as their coach, just the same as Sporting Gijon has a barca fan as their coach

And Getafe are full of Real Madrid socios, but they still play us up to the nose
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:40 am

Apparently Pathetico are out as well after losing 3-1 in aggregate against albacete
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:11 am

If you think Villareal's problem is as simple as Cazorla you have it all wrong.

Yes, he was their best player, but if they managed the situation better they could have come out a lot smoother. They've done a number of things wrong.

1) They underrated the importance of Capdevila and the presence of wingbacks in their formation. Capdevila was a huuuge player for them... his flank with Cazorla was what made Villareal. He was superb on the ball and provided the necessary width in an otherwise narrow attack. Even Angel, down the right flank, naturally pushes on more than Zapata, who is much better as a centreback, and is wasted at right back.

2) Buying Zapata??? WTf was the point? Possibly the one position where they have a little bit of depth (CB), and they buy another and blow all their savings on a player who can't really lift them to glory. I like Zapata as a player, but if he is there, he should play centreback. The problem is, they already had Musacchio, arguably their find of the season last year, Gonzalo and Marchena. Zapata was unnecessary.

3) They failed to replace Rossi and Nilmar. Of course, they haven't gone yet... but considering they knew both players' time with the club was up, it was the perfect opportunity to plan for the future. Now Rossi is horribly injured, Nilmar has struggled with injuries and form and is on his way out and they are stuck with Marco Ruben... who is just hopeless. To be fair, he's scored a few goals this season, but he is no Rossi or Nilmar...

Bizarrely, they bought 27 year old Ikechukwu Uche, only to loan him out. What's the logic there?

Now they will struggle to cash in as well on Rossi and Nilmar and will similarly struggle to replace them. Without Cazorla... well... there's not a lot going for them up front.

4) Injuries... Its bad luck. Without Cazorla, they needed big seasons from Cani and their two strikers. Cani and Rossi quickly picked up long-term injuries and its all fallen apart from there.

As said before, they overrated the importance of Borja compared to other players that actually linked the midfield and attack.

For me this is really the big one. A team with Cani, Rossi, Nilmar, even Angel at his best... added to their other players... and its still quite a good team. However, as said before, they seriously lack depth. Their purchases like Camunas, Wakaso and De Guzman were underwhelming to say the least.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:24 am

@Adit and Barcakizz, we are not saying that it's all about Cazorla, merely that it was the 1st terrible move they made last summer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:31 am

They wouldve still finished in top 7 at least if it wasnt for Injuries to key players on an already thin squad,and the reason why they couldnt buy any high quality players was purely due to financial reasons.

As good as Cazorla is the villarreal team is build around Borja valero,and he was their best player last season.Cazorla was mainly a final third player,while Borja was all over the field dicating tempo keeping the flow of villarreal game which is the basis of their possession based football last year.

And guess what he came behind Iniesta and ozil as best AM selected by REFFF (which i dont agree bcz he wasnt actually an AM more of a game controlling player who played upfront) and not that Cazorla...

As good as Cazorla is his importance to Villareal squad was simply overrated..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:47 am

I would just like to clarify to Nick that it wasn't Juventus fans that were arguing about Rossi carrying Villareal but just one person: Juvenculore. I remember that discussion crystal clear. I didn't think he watched a single game of Villareal but kept on insisting he (Rossi) carried Villareal.

As for Villareal themselves, it was going to happen eventually. Just like Deportivo, they were running on the strength of the owner and 2 or 3 seasons in the UCL. If Fernando Rogg leaves, watch how fast Villareal sink further...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:53 am

dnmac4 wrote: I guess the board just didn't understand football because it would be like Barca selling Xavi as there whole system flowed through Cazorla.

How ? Villarreal game was build on Borja valero ,he recieved the first pass from CBs and play make.He dictated tempo and set the flow.

Cazorla was a final third attacker,he made goals and was vital to Villarreal as well but the team was build around Borja.

Cazorla can be compared to iniesta btw..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:21 pm

lets be real, they lost a lot of important players. cant be boiled down to 1

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down