Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success?

+33
urbaNRoots
LeSwagg James
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
CBarca
Khaled
Raptorgunner
Dnmac4
Pedram
S32TABLANCA
ÖMARz
guest7
FennecFox7
lenear1030
Omniscient
cheesy
free_cat
The Messiah
Seppuku
billionmillion
harhar11
Potential
EarlyPrototype
BarrileteCosmico
Lord Awesome
Harmonica
S
Ganso
la bestia negra
VanDeezNuts
zizzle
the xcx
The Franchise
jibers
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelonas recent success?

Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 24 ]
Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 23 ]
Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 16 ]
Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 78

Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success?

Post by Seppuku Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:59 pm

The Chelsea-Barca game was the biggest farce in club footballing history.

Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success?

Post by The Messiah Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Van Gaal and Ronaldinho
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:28 pm

supra969 wrote:^van gaal

You insist on this?? Very Happy :facepalm:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Van Gaal and Ronaldinho

Another ignorant of Barça history...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:30 pm

free_cat wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Van Gaal and Ronaldinho

Another ignorant of Barça history...

Van gaal was hated and is still today derailed fr trying to make barca Dutch. Some even think that's the case of his dispute with Cruyff.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Van Gaal and Ronaldinho set the stone for Barcelona success.

I dont have any reason to explain that, go and search it up yourself.

Who they hell gave Xavi, Poyul and Iniesta their first team break through, who started all this and made this team, I will say Van Gaal

Ronaldinho made Messi, he learnt from Ronaldinho... call me dump but that's how I see it.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:36 pm

jiopsi wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Øvrebø the biggest myth in world football history :bow:
It's actually funny how deluded people are of that match. The first penalty should went for Barca from Ballack handball at 4 minutes:

Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 Di-8WOK

Goal from that and it would have completely changed the game, not to mention red for Abidal for passing a player.
The gif is effin hilarious LMFAO.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Very, very interesting question. When I opened the thread, I assumed that it would just be a list of players, with Messi as the other answer, and players like Xavi or Iniesta as subjective answers, but the inclusion of Guardiola makes it a bit more interesting.

I'd have to go for Guardiola. I know Messi has been incredible over the past few seasons, however it's debatable whether he would been able to perform to as high a level as he has if Guardiola had not built an incredible team of players around him, helped Messi to maintain his fitness, which one was a problem, and built a team which centred around Messi. The last one is important. When Messi came in, many would have still looked to out of form stars like Ronaldinho as the key men. Guardiola made a wise decision by getting rid of Ronaldinho though, with Messi being the potent attacking player.

For me, Barcelona wouldn't be where they are now without Guardiola at the helm. Without Messi though, they could have still had as much success. It would have been a much taller order, but it would have still been an achievable goal for them.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:54 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Van Gaal and Ronaldinho set the stone for Barcelona success.

Who they hell gave Xavi, Poyul and Iniesta their first team break through, who started all this and made this team, I will say Van Gaal

Ronaldinho made Messi, he learnt from Ronaldinho... call me dump but that's how I see it.

Ok, yeah, Van Gaal made Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta and VV the first team break through. But does that really matter? They would have probably made it anyway, after all, next coaches picked them too. After Van Gaal, barça sucked for some seasons, you know? He did ok from 97 to 99, but his second stint with us was horrible.

Oh, and Lol at Ronaldinho teaching Messi. Maybe he taught him how to play the bongos, but nothing else.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Van Gaal and Ronaldinho set the stone for Barcelona success.

Messi was born like this
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Close one, but Ovrebo edges Stark for me.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Pep Guardiola after seeing this thread commented on the official web-site

Pep Guardiola: Barcelona would not be where it is without Lionel Messi

In comments reported on the club’s official website, he said: ”I don’t think there has ever been a player in history that can do what he manages to do every three days. It’s unthinkable.

“People buy tickets just to see him play and he is doing something unique. To find a player that has managed to be so consistent for four years. Who is so fit, who fights so hard as him. I’ve never seen anything like it, such consistency. Perhaps I’m too young, but I never played with anybody like him and I have never coached a player like that either.

“He is a better player than anybody else, he has a gift.

Guardiola said Messi was well aware of the regard in which he’s held throughout the club.

“[Messi] knows very well what we all think, all of the coaching staff, the people that look after him, and the other players.

“We are all delighted with what he does, has done and will do. And of course nothing that we have done would have been possible without him. He is a different kind of player, his stats make him different and he lets you win games at all levels.

“There is never a game in which he doesn’t generate play. It’s undebatable as far as we’re concerned. If there is any debate, then so be it, but it doesn’t weaken him and it won’t weaken him.”
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 50555_93772186224_6326097_n
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Billionmillion we get it messi is a god hes not human happy now?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Tom Henning Øvrebø of the sextuple - the man that kicked off the sextuple for Barca. I have never seen a person dictate the tempo as well as this man. He took control of the game against Chelsea and his decision making was spot on. Probably Barcelona player of the year in 2009. His tempo control would make Xavi blush with envy.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Messi, without a doubt. Obviously Cruyff and Guardiola has had their big parts but believe me when I say Guardiola wouldn't even be able to turn this monster team to half this monster without Messi...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:48 pm

ronaldinho

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Michel Platini.

Cruyff.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 pm

It's without a doubt Messi. when he plays for Barca you feel there are 12 players in the field.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:13 am

This could have been a really good thread but putting the Refs in here is just disgusting. I mean when everyone asks who the best coach is and people say SAF do they bring up the constant favoring the refs gave him and his teams. It's just stupid to do.

Also it's funny how people talking about Overbo forget that there was a whole game previous to that one as it was a two game affair. And Chelsea decided to park the bus like I have never seen before and we had some legit goals disallowed not to mention getting a player sent off in the final game by Overbo but that doesn't fit naive people agenda's.

Some of you really need to grow up.

Also LOL at the people who voted for Stark. Pepe deserved to get thrown out in pretty much every game vs Barca last year and some games he deserved to get thrown out 3 or 4 different times.

The people who voted for him are probably the same people who thought Messi should have be given a second yellow last Clasico and tossed from the game, but Stark was bad for Tossing Pepe. Such Hypocrites.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:15 am

Ronaldo IMO. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:36 am

GUARDIOLA
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:36 am

dnmac4 wrote:This could have been a really good thread but putting the Refs in here is just disgusting. I mean when everyone asks who the best coach is and people say SAF do they bring up the constant favoring the refs gave him and his teams. It's just stupid to do.

Also it's funny how people talking about Overbo forget that there was a whole game previous to that one as it was a two game affair. And Chelsea decided to park the bus like I have never seen before and we had some legit goals disallowed not to mention getting a player sent off in the final game by Overbo but that doesn't fit naive people agenda's.

Some of you really need to grow up.

Also LOL at the people who voted for Stark. Pepe deserved to get thrown out in pretty much every game vs Barca last year and some games he deserved to get thrown out 3 or 4 different times.

The people who voted for him are probably the same people who thought Messi should have be given a second yellow last Clasico and tossed from the game, but Stark was bad for Tossing Pepe. Such Hypocrites.
Jibers was just kidding about overbo dude Very Happy
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:17 am

Currently

Guardiola and essi ar number one,
Ovrebo of the sextuple as number two
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:46 am

I'd love to say Guardiola and I think he is probably tied with Messi, but Messi edges it out for me just because I'm not sure where Barca would be without him, meanwhile a good top class coach probably could have won a couple leagues and MAYBE a CL but I'm not sure.

They wouldn't have been anywhere near where Guardiola is that's for sure.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:50 am

jibers wrote:

Tom Henning Øvrebø of the sextuple - the man that kicked off the sextuple for Barca. I have never seen a person dictate the tempo as well as this man. He took control of the game against Chelsea and his decision making was spot on. Probably Barcelona player of the year in 2009. His tempo control would make Xavi blush with envy.

🐘
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:51 am

lenear1030 wrote:Who has had the biggest influence on Barcelona's recent success? - Page 2 50555_93772186224_6326097_n
Pro cheers
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next