urbaNRoots
McAgger
aleumdance
II Capitano
Nishankly
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Liverpool at it again..  - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool at it again..

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:22 am

diptiman wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:Don't really see the point of the Adam criticism..........cost 7 million(the tranfer fee of a certain Bebe I might add).......is at the very least an excellent squad player and at the most a deserving starter.

He's been a bit incosistent......but hey.......we didn't shell out 20 million for him and at least he's put in some very great performances and made a tangible effect on the team. If Andy had converted a couple of his corners you all would be signing a different tune.

when did you become a liverpool fan?

I'm confused as well.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:23 am

diptiman wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:Don't really see the point of the Adam criticism..........cost 7 million(the tranfer fee of a certain Bebe I might add).......is at the very least an excellent squad player and at the most a deserving starter.

He's been a bit incosistent......but hey.......we didn't shell out 20 million for him and at least he's put in some very great performances and made a tangible effect on the team. If Andy had converted a couple of his corners you all would be signing a different tune.

whats wrong being a liverswamp fan?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:48 am

diptiman wrote:

I've been a Liverpool fan for a long time, i'll admit......it was originally because of the Champions leauge win against Milan.......and moreso the FA cup win against West Ham the following year(Which i was at). Livepool is the team I chose to support really.

As funny as it sounds Real Madrid is my hometown club really and they are and will always be my favourite club.

But the atmosphere and aura of Liverpool is as amazing as it gets, I prefer alot of what Liverpool has to offer vs Real Madrid, especially the fans....I mean we real Madrid fans are so demanding of our players , so much so that even at the hint of failure we shun them, and then when you watch Liverpool it's not like that.The players can be losing 3-0 in the biggest match of their lives and we still get to love them, we still get to cheer them on and when they reward you with moments like Gerrard's goal against West Ham in 06, it's surreal.

That stuff dosen't happen at Madrid.....not does it happen at any other club it the world,Liverpool exudes a rustic vibe, they're the only club in the world where expectation dosen't drown the process.....where people don't get lost in the fact that at the end of the season with or without silverware it's the poetic process of the game that matters.I'll never have anything but kind words for them....,,,,they are as brilliant as it gets with the new plastic of the footballing world(ironically which i guess I'm a part of).

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
diptiman wrote:

I've been a Liverpool fan for a long time, i'll admit......it was originally because of the Champions leauge win against Milan.......and moreso the FA cup win against West Ham the following year(Which i was at). Livepool is the team I chose to support really.

As funny as it sounds Real Madrid is my hometown club really and they are and will always be my favourite club.

But the atmosphere and aura of Liverpool is as amazing as it gets, I prefer alot of what Liverpool has to offer vs Real Madrid, especially the fans....I mean we real Madrid fans are so demanding of our players , so much so that even at the hint of failure we shun them, and then when you watch Liverpool it's not like that.The players can be losing 3-0 in the biggest match of their lives and we still get to love them, we still get to cheer them on and when they reward you with moments like Gerrard's goal against West Ham in 06, it's surreal.

That stuff dosen't happen at Madrid.....not does it happen at any other club it the world,Liverpool exudes a rustic vibe, they're the only club in the world where expectation dosen't drown the process.....where people don't get lost in the fact that at the end of the season with or without silverware it's the poetic process of the game that matters.I'll never have anything but kind words for them....,,,,they are as brilliant as it gets with the new plastic of the footballing world(ironically which i guess I'm a part of).

youre a spaniard?

somehow i have known many liverpool fans who are madrid fans and vice versa.. dunno why its strange..liverpool is kinda mine second favorite club too, easily my favorite in the pl.. something about those fans at anfield and the atmosphere there
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:09 am

Lol I got neg repped 🎅

Anyway yea bro i'm Spanish.....but i don't live there anymore.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:28 am

ragbirjosh wrote:

I prefer alot of what Liverpool has to offer vs Real Madrid, especially the fans....I mean we real Madrid fans are so demanding of our players , so much so that even at the hint of failure we shun them, and then when you watch Liverpool it's not like that.The players can be losing 3-0 in the biggest match of their lives and we still get to love them, we still get to cheer them on and when they reward you with moments like Gerrard's goal against West Ham in 06, it's surreal.

That stuff dosen't happen at Madrid

Quite right. Dont understand how anyone sensible can support Madrid, to be frank. eco smile
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:31 am

kiranr wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:

I prefer alot of what Liverpool has to offer vs Real Madrid, especially the fans....I mean we real Madrid fans are so demanding of our players , so much so that even at the hint of failure we shun them, and then when you watch Liverpool it's not like that.The players can be losing 3-0 in the biggest match of their lives and we still get to love them, we still get to cheer them on and when they reward you with moments like Gerrard's goal against West Ham in 06, it's surreal.

Quite right. Dont understand how anyone sensible can support Madrid, to be frank. eco smile

That Stuff dosen't happen at Barca either.Stoke is the only other club i can think about where that happens Smile
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:53 pm

kiranr wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:

well sorry for the high expectations since we havent won a single trophy in our entire history :rolleyes:

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:

Newcastle, sold Carroll for 35 mill and replaced him with Ba on a free transfer. Ba has 14 goals this season and is 2nd top scorer in the league. Incredible bit of business by the Toon.

Ba is a machine. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:26 pm

kiranr wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:Kenny Dalglish is to blame for this. Spent 100 mill on a team that is no better than Roy Hodgson's. Atleast Roy Hodgson didn't have the backing of the board + had to deal with the whole takeover issue.

Carroll, Downing, Henderson and Adam were awful buys. Let's be real here. None of those signings were ever gonna propell you to a top 4 finish.

Only Saurez and Enrique have been good signings. Got this from Twitter also:

United: Last 2 games: 13 shots on target- 10 goals.
LFC: Last 2 games: 28 shots on target- 1 goal.

Shows you the difference in decisive play and being clinical in front of goal. LFC's attacking players have been poor this season when it comes to putting chances away (including Saurez)- the latter has good technique, but is never gonna bag you 20+ goals a season.

Newcastle, sold Carroll for 35 mill and replaced him with Ba on a free transfer. Ba has 14 goals this season and is 2nd top scorer in the league. Incredible bit of business by the Toon.

Why do you blame Henderson, Adam and Downing for lack clinical finishing?

Not so much in their lack in clinical finishing, but more in the fact that the money spent on them could have been spent on better players who could have contributed better on their overall play.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:34 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:Kenny Dalglish is to blame for this. Spent 100 mill on a team that is no better than Roy Hodgson's. Atleast Roy Hodgson didn't have the backing of the board + had to deal with the whole takeover issue.

Carroll, Downing, Henderson and Adam were awful buys. Let's be real here. None of those signings were ever gonna propell you to a top 4 finish.

Only Saurez and Enrique have been good signings. Got this from Twitter also:

United: Last 2 games: 13 shots on target- 10 goals.
LFC: Last 2 games: 28 shots on target- 1 goal.

Shows you the difference in decisive play and being clinical in front of goal. LFC's attacking players have been poor this season when it comes to putting chances away (including Saurez)- the latter has good technique, but is never gonna bag you 20+ goals a season.

1 - Kenny is not all to blame for transfers. Carroll for example was a panic buy from the club. When someone like Torres leaves a team that isn't in the CL and doesn't look like getting there, who can the club buy? It was a panic buy that just hasn't panned out so far.

2 - I'm with you on Adam. Never rated him highly before he came and still don't. However, when someone like Lucas gets injured from the team, what do people expect? The amount of defensive work Lucas did, there is no way Adam was going to replace that work.

3 - I'd like you to clarify why Henderson was an awful buy. Note: Every interview and communication from Kenny and club have re-iterated the fact that the likes of Carroll and Jordan are long term buys. Were people expecting Jordan to put up Gerrard performances the first game he started?

4 - Carroll is still getting acclimated towards our style of play. It's taking him a long time, but we all hope he'll eventually get there.

5 - Suarez never going to hit 20+ goals a season? I'd argue that bit. He just needs to find his shooting boots and he'll be good. The problem is that he takes on too much by himself at the moment. The crap going on around him is not helping either.

6 - The biggest thing our team currently lacks is good chemistry. Most of the players almost never play the ball to Carroll on the ground. They barely involve him in attacks bar crossing and headers. Once that understanding builds up, I believe we should be able to score more.

With that said, it may never work, but I think most Liverpool supporters are willing to give it sometime. We are in the process of rebuilding. We were never going to win the league this year.

3- Yeah not exactly an awful buy, but the money spent on him was a big risk (not his fault though). I honestly haven't seen anything of him to make me say "wow, this guy is gonna be world class". Plays it safe all the time, he reminds me of Gibson. The one good game I saw him have was the one he scored a goal in.

5- Saurez, for all his dribbling skills and the fact he can create chances for himself, is just not clinical at all. He has to create or be given 8 clear cut chances for him to score 1 goal. That's the reason why he only has 5 goals in the league, despite LFC creating so many chances.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:49 pm

agree with poolsupporter

Don't understand why Henderson is being targetted. He is not supposed to be a starter atm, he is there to replace Gerrard in long term. He is just 21, long time ahead of him to prove himself

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm

At the start of the season I had said that Liverpool had bought average players and that they had made a mistake by going for quantity over quality.
I was slated then by Liverpool fans.
Fact remains that given a choice 2 world class players are always much much better than 5 average players.
For the 80 mil odd that they spent they could have gotten 2 world class players and they would be higher up the table.
Quality over quantity anyday of the week.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:52 pm

i think they have been doing really well with all the new players in the squad

but i cant help but say wtf is carroll still doing in your team...get soldado and get it all over and done with
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:06 pm

diptiman wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
diptiman wrote:

youre a spaniard?

somehow i have known many liverpool fans who are madrid fans and vice versa.. dunno why its strange..liverpool is kinda mine second favorite club too, easily my favorite in the pl.. something about those fans at anfield and the atmosphere there

Lol I don't think most people know here.....but I support both Madrid and Liverpool equally as well and have been doing for more than a decade Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:06 am

alexjanosik wrote:At the start of the season I had said that Liverpool had bought average players and that they had made a mistake by going for quantity over quality.
I was slated then by Liverpool fans.
Fact remains that given a choice 2 world class players are always much much better than 5 average players.
For the 80 mil odd that they spent they could have gotten 2 world class players and they would be higher up the table.
Quality over quantity anyday of the week.

Why do people always assume world class players can bought if you have the money.

1) You have to consider the wage requirements. Carroll was the cheaper option in comparison to say, Aguero.

2) Consider the position of the team. We are not in the CL and it was well known during the period that we were in the rebuilding mode. A lot of up and comers like Hazard for example, are not going to go for that.

Our owners implemented a new wage structure at the club and were surprised when they first opened the books and saw how much likes of Poulsen were making for sitting on the bench. I don't blame them at all. The transfer price of a player is a one time cost that we can cover, however, sustaining profitability through salary payments becomes very hard when one considers 'World Class' players.

Our owners are rich. No doubt about it. But they are not rich enough where they can throw in their own money and spend whatever they want to get whoever they want. We are owned by a company not an individual with personal wealth.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:27 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:

3- Yeah not exactly an awful buy, but the money spent on him was a big risk (not his fault though). I honestly haven't seen anything of him to make me say "wow, this guy is gonna be world class". Plays it safe all the time, he reminds me of Gibson. The one good game I saw him have was the one he scored a goal in.

5- Saurez, for all his dribbling skills and the fact he can create chances for himself, is just not clinical at all. He has to create or be given 8 clear cut chances for him to score 1 goal. That's the reason why he only has 5 goals in the league, despite LFC creating so many chances.

I'll admit Henderson does tend to play safe, but his role is so understated. There are many Liverpool fans who bash him for his performances and they can barely justify it. He's similar to Lucas in the sense that most people don't notice the contribution he makes to the team. In due time I expect him to do very well. He's got good positioning, surprisingly good with the ball at his feet and his vision to play well will become better once the tactics are ingrained into him well. His defensive abilities is where he lacks atm.

Suarez is just having a run of bad form. Can't blame him though. The witch hunt against him is ridiculous. I'll be the first to admit he tends to come down easy every now and then, but it's ridiculous how many fouls against him never get called. He started off the season brightly and was scoring and I have belief he will get back to that form.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3