How highly do you rate Cristiano Ronaldo?

+32
Milanchenko
billionmillion
BestInTheWorld
baresi
la bestia negra
Lord Awesome
Arquitecto
S
teamanarchy
EarlyPrototype
Senor Penguin
Lord Hades
The Messiah
LeSwagg James
Forza
Zealous
red&blacklegion
Magricos
SaintJoe
Khaled
Gil
FennecFox7
Pedram
Ganso
RealGunner
Lex
the xcx
matpol
The Franchise
pUsHa
ijomer
Albiceleste
36 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How highly do you rate Cristiano Ronaldo? - Page 3 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Cristiano Ronaldo?

Post by BestInTheWorld Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:52 pm

He is a very skilled player for sure. But I dont rate him too highly. I rate him behind Robben,Messi,Xavi,Iniesta,Silva,Schweni,Neuer.

I actually prefer Sanchez to C. Ronaldo. I am not fond of BIG GAME FLOPS.

BestInTheWorld
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Cristiano Ronaldo? - Page 3 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Cristiano Ronaldo?

Post by Gil Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:47 am

SaintJoe wrote:(I'm a bit biased for players who do well for portuguese NT)

1. Figo
2. Eusébio
3. Rui Costa
4. C. Ronaldo - still has many years to play though

Rank 2 worldwide.

Speaking of Eusebio. I recently watched a 30 minute documentary of his best moments for Benfica and the Portuguese National Team.

I think he may have even been better than the likes of Di Stefano, Puskas, Pele, Ronaldo De Lima etc

Possibly the most ferocious shot of all time?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:08 pm

In ballon dor top-3 in the world,
In people's mind top-5,
In reality top-10 in the world.

he is in ballon dor list because of his stats, but if analyze his stats we can see that he is an avarage player. This season 25 goals and 8 of them from penalties that others won. and people say he doesnt need team-mates? he needs team-mates more than any top striker in the world.

in fair world he would have 17 goals. so i dont see any difference between him and Gomez or RVP. So why we rate CR higher than them? what he does better than them? i'm sure if gomez or RVP played for madrid they would score twice more. just see what higuain does, he already scored 14 goals playing 20 minutes every game and scoring 0 penalties. compared to CR who plays every game full 90 minutes and takes all penalties.

So my question is why people rate CR higher than Higuain, Gomez and others if he doesnt do anything except scoring?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Gil wrote:Speaking of Eusebio. I recently watched a 30 minute documentary of his best moments for Benfica and the Portuguese National Team.

I think he may have even been better than the likes of Di Stefano, Puskas, Pele, Ronaldo De Lima etc

Possibly the most ferocious shot of all time?

He was indeed a great player :bow:
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Milanchenko Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Top ten..in the bottom 5....very close to the bottom 2 imo

Milanchenko
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:09 pm

billionmillion wrote:In ballon dor top-3 in the world,
In people's mind top-5,

he is in ballon dor list because of his stats, but if analyze his stats we can see that he is an avarage player. This season 25 goals and 8 of them from penalties that others won. and people say he doesnt need team-mates? he needs team-mates more than any top striker in the world.

in fair world he would have 17 goals. so i dont see any difference between him and Gomez or RVP. So why we rate CR higher than them? what he does better than them? i'm sure if gomez or RVP played for madrid they would score twice more. just see what higuain does, he already scored 14 goals playing 20 minutes every game and scoring 0 penalties. compared to CR who plays every game full 90 minutes and takes all penalties.

So my question is why people rate CR higher than Higuain, Gomez and others if he doesnt do anything except scoring?
:bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:13 pm

CR7 is no more 2nd best player in the world. shining in big moments make big stars and he sucks in big moments.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:24 pm

real madrid as a whole suck against most big sides and when it matters most in recent times so singling out one player when its a team effort makes no sense.

Last edited by nichabr on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
In people's mind top-5,

First of all, Higuain is a striker, Ronaldo plays a winger so I think u cannot simply say that Higuain is more efficient per se. RvP and Gomez are specialized strikers, Ronaldo's not.

Now, i know you pulled this comparison 'cause someone probably said that CR7's value is in his goals, but saying that CR doesn't do anything else but score is absurd. His value is in so much more. He ALWAYS (except Barca) leads the team forward, no one in our team does that with so much energy, his long shots are often deflected in the path of his teammates for simple tap-ins, he's a constant threat creator, he's the best free kick taker today and I don't think anyone argues with that (I might be wrong about that tho, someone might argue). He's more than just goals, but I would defo agree that sometimes he can be a chicken (vs. Barca). Otherwise, I wouldn't change him for anything.

You saying that he is not a Ballon D'or contestant is your thing. I don't care, but I think you got your point about comparing him with RvP and Gomez wrong.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:45 pm

nichabr wrote:real madrid as a whole suck against most big sides and when it matters most in recent times so singling out one player when its a team effort makes no sense.
maybe ronaldo is one of the reasons why madrid sucked?
Truth is in last 3 clasicos madrid didnt suck. in super-cup madrid had more position and they created more than barca. but barca scored from their chances. in 2 legs barca scored 5 goals, messi scored 3 of them and assisted another 2. now you imagine theres no messi. but in madrid if theres no ronaldo no difference, sometimes they play even better.

in last clasico ronaldo was one of the reasons why madrid didnt score.

in CL semifinal messi scored vs them twice one of them from solo effort, no help from team-mates. but CR never scored such goal not even against small teams. So cr fans must stop bring barca's team play into argument to make cr look good. team-play happens in midfield but in attack you need someone like messi to create and score

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:51 pm

nichabr wrote:real madrid as a whole suck against most big sides and when it matters most in recent times so singling out one player when its a team effort makes no sense.
As a whole? bs, I agree we tend to lose against barcelona, but thats definitely not the case with AC milan, unless your trying to say Ac milan is not a big club Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Aensensen wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
In people's mind top-5,

First of all, Higuain is a striker, Ronaldo plays a winger so I think u cannot simply say that Higuain is more efficient per se. RvP and Gomez are specialized strikers, Ronaldo's not.

Now, i know you pulled this comparison 'cause someone probably said that CR7's value is in his goals, but saying that CR doesn't do anything else but score is absurd. His value is in so much more. He ALWAYS (except Barca) leads the team forward, no one in our team does that with so much energy, his long shots are often deflected in the path of his teammates for simple tap-ins, he's a constant threat creator, he's the best free kick taker today and I don't think anyone argues with that (I might be wrong about that tho, someone might argue). He's more than just goals, but I would defo agree that sometimes he can be a chicken (vs. Barca). Otherwise, I wouldn't change him for anything.

You saying that he is not a Ballon D'or contestant is your thing. I don't care, but I think you got your point about comparing him with RvP and Gomez wrong.
he is not a winger if he was winger madrid would play with 2 strikers and cr would stay in his winger position as di maria does. madrid plays ronaldo and benzema or higuain next to him.

and he is nothing except goals just accept it. any other player benzema or di maria plays way better than him. CR's stats puts him above them but i think by time people see the reality. his free-kicks are waste. against barca he took 5 free-kicks but if he didnt take them most probably madrid would create something dangerous
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:19 pm

billionmillion wrote:
Aensensen wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
In people's mind top-5,

he is not a winger if he was winger madrid would play with 2 strikers and cr would stay in his winger position as di maria does. madrid plays ronaldo and benzema or higuain next to him.

and he is nothing except goals just accept it. any other player benzema or di maria plays way better than him. CR's stats puts him above them but i think by time people see the reality. his free-kicks are waste. against barca he took 5 free-kicks but if he didnt take them most probably madrid would create something dangerous
Nothing BUT goals?

I guess he's really weak, super slow, heskey touch and dribbling, just puts the ball in the back of the net.

Ronaldo IS a winger, he has been playing there since his sporting days. The times we've played him at CF he hasn't been very good
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:24 pm

Please drop the winger bs. Ronaldo has a free role in the Madrid team, as he had towards the end of his United days
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:30 pm

He is actually a winger for RM.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:37 am

Football fans are, in their vast majority, stupid people. Who have biased opinions and don't even know what actual football is. But they are the ones who make football the biggest sport in the world.

But let me tell you, there's something worse than a stupid fan, it's not your fault if you're stupid. But it's your fault if you're a *bleep* bandwagoner, and that's what most people here are.

This Barca has gained alot of bandwagoners, and while I never liked the club, because I do not like the mentality of their true supporters (the people from actual catalunya that actually try to get Barca into the political movement to make their state independent) their bandwagoners make me hate the club even more.

But it's ok for a fan to undermine their idol's rivals at every chance he gets, it's ok.

What makes me the most sick though is the Real Madrid bandwagoners though. In his first and second year, they liked Ronaldo, but now that they have a team full of world class players in every position, they cant get why they dont win. They dont get why they cant beat Barca. So it must be Ronaldo's fault.

But like it's been said numerous times in these past weeks, whoever criticizes Ronaldo doesnt understand football. They simply dont. And when it's a Real Madrid supporter doing it, it shows the kind of supporter he is. The one that would buy Messi for Real Madrid at any chance he'd get. Because he's a bandwagoner.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:49 am

Lex wrote:Please drop the winger bs. Ronaldo has a free role in the Madrid team, as he had towards the end of his United days
Most of his touches are on the wing.. his position is on the wing, his position says LW, his position screams LW, if he didn't score so many goals you wouldn't be saying this.

In fact after reading this thread I think Ronaldo would be better off scoring less goals.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:59 am

my bad, because i seemed to think that ronaldo had got the fourth highest assists after messi,alves and di maria...
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3