Does parking the bus make a team look good?

+12
the xcx
EarlyPrototype
schwarzgelb
Swanhends
Senor Penguin
rwo power
fatman123
REWB
urbaNRoots
ijomer
Art Morte
chaval
16 posters

Go down

Does parking the bus make a team look good? Empty Does parking the bus make a team look good?

Post by chaval Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:51 am

Examples: Getafe, Chelsea

Chelsea did it to us, while Getafe did it to Barca. Thoughts?
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Does parking the bus make a team look good? Empty Re: Does parking the bus make a team look good?

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:10 am

If you manage to win that way or get a good draw, yeah. Defence might not be as fun to watch as attacking, but it's still all-important. No shame in being a defensive-minded player or team or manager, if you ask me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Does parking the bus make a team look good? Empty Re: Does parking the bus make a team look good?

Post by ijomer Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:20 am

as long as you win its ok, now do u remember the countless of weak teams that fell to strong ones? yet u do remember the weaker teams using negative tactics but creating miracles

point proven
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:33 am

When I can win 3-0, I would park the plane.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:49 am

hate teams that park the bus, but i must say i loved inter performances vs barca though
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:05 am

you gotta do what you gotta do to win, not all teams can afford the players which would allow them to play pretty football and win games
im not sure how much it makes a team look good though, if theyre playing ith 10 men behind the ball and just hoofing it up to a lone striker then it makes them look very scrappy rather then good
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:38 am

Only if you manage to win that way, then you won by a valiant defense battle. If you park he bus and lose, then you look boring and bad.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:47 am

It's a pain in the ass if it's successful and your team is on the receiving end of it. If your team does it, and they pull it off, it's great because you know the opponents tried their best but they were simply inferior.

Besides, when Xavi complains about something being "anti-football" then you know it makes your team look good.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:47 am

It doesnt make you look good, it makes you look desparate
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by schwarzgelb Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:12 am

if you do it and you do it well Cool
schwarzgelb
schwarzgelb
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:20 am

No, it makes you look inferior.

If you have a 2 goal advantage in the first leg then parking the bus in the second leg aint all that bad provided you don't screw up.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:10 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:No, it makes you look inferior.
How?
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:31 pm

It looks good only if you know how to park the bus properly e.g Inter vs barce.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:39 pm

we parked the bus v barca at the nou camp, but we defended superbly so we got praised for that
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:we parked the bus v barca at the nou camp, but we defended superbly so we got praised for that
I think the scoreline would have been the same if you didint park the bus.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:33 am

The xcx wrote:
I think the scoreline would have been the same if you didint park the bus.

i dont understand... it was a great defensive display i thought....
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:09 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:hate teams that park the bus, but i must say i loved inter performances vs barca though
this

i like it at certain times. like when we did it vs barca. there's been a couple of games against milan when we had players sent off (unfairly) and we parked the bus. in those times it's easy to get behind your team because it's an extreme scenario

but parking the bus from the kick off against a team you should be able to beat is generally too boring to watch
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 am

Well, in the match Bayern vs Köln on the last matchday before the winter break, Köln played a dogged 9-1 formation and still lost with three goals against. That neither looked good nor was it successful. Very Happy
(BTW, Bayern even played with only 10 men as Ribéry got sent off in the 33th minute, but Köln just mixed more concrete before their own goal XD)

Report of the match (in German): http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/spieltag/1-bundesliga/2011-12/17/1143432/spielanalyse_bayern-muenchen-14_1-fc-koeln-16.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Depends on how you Defend in the end. If there's actual organization and Defenders who can make there presence felt (like Chelsea's Vs Valencia) it will be tough for the opposition to even get a shot at goal. Maybe a stray shot at goal here and there. Hard Tackes and Tactical Fouls to prevent breeching and to intimidate and ultimately desperate the opposition are also a key factor to perform the tactic. That's when you know you are in control.

Now if you're getting shots everywhere, breeching at every play, posts saving your sorry butts, and the GK having a good one then only the GK would look good IMO. The team? Not so much. Laughing

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down