huntsman
134 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo Fan Club - Page 21 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Fan Club

Post by white_star Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Remove me from this list please :coffee:

If some of you didn't get the joke my post was sarcastic :coffee:

Can't leave now, there is evidence of you requesting to be here.

white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Laughing @ Albi.

You should stay bro. Ronnie will be in the winner circle at the end of the season. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Sarcastically of course, why else would a poster then named 'Lionel Messi' want to join a penaldo fan club seriously? Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Sarcastically of course, why else would a poster then named 'Lionel Messi' want to join a penaldo fan club seriously? Laughing

Because you are awesome :coffee: or have serious footballing issues that may need a doctor's assistance
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Consider it a compliment that I now consider Penaldo a threat :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:55 pm

You may as well get Cris's thighs tattooed on your chest Albi. We are all in this for life.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Had a brain fart moment and made a mistake about this quote I read just now. Correct place (as indicated by Zealous) is here...

There are a number of reasons why Ronaldo will never actually get the credit he deserves. Firstly, because his obvious concern for his appearance does not sit well with the traditional football fan. It is viewed as effeminate and we like our football players to look like regular Joes ... someone you could have a pint with. Secondly, because of the English tabloid campaign in the aftermath of the winking incident, which was thereafter embraced by fans from all opposition (Portugal and United) and effectively cost him the young player of the tournament award (which, absurdly went to Podolski). Thirdly, because he is not Lionel Messi, and we all know that in this day and age of football fundamentalism everything has to be polarised into good v evil, Guardiola v Mourinho, Messi v Ronaldo. You CANNOT appreciate both. Its against the rules.

What’s interesting about all this, is that the reasons for disliking Ronaldo are mostly external factors that have very little to do with his behaviour – either on or off the pitch. The diving dig is disingenuous given the amount of diving that goes on in the game nowadays. Its all about this image that has been cultivated by the media. But in reality, his story is one of triumph over adversity. He was born in absolute poverty, surrounded by crooks and drug addicts (including family members) and managed to escape that through sheer talent and hard work. Even after he left Madeira for Sporting he was bullied because of his lack of education. Watch any interview in the Portuguese media and he comes off as an eloquent and thoughtful person. When you look at where he came from and what he has achieved, you’d be hard pressed to find a better role model in football. But we’d much rather focus on the fact that he waxes his chest.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:00 pm

:bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Nah you had it right, it certainly made me LOL. I was going to take it seriously until it said he doesn't get enough credit because 'he cares about how he looks' :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:14 pm

There are a number of reasons why Ronaldo will never actually get the credit he deserves. Firstly, because his obvious concern for his appearance does not sit well with the traditional football fan. It is viewed as effeminate and we like our football players to look like regular Joes ... someone you could have a pint with. Secondly, because of the English tabloid campaign in the aftermath of the winking incident, which was thereafter embraced by fans from all opposition (Portugal and United) and effectively cost him the young player of the tournament award (which, absurdly went to Podolski). Thirdly, because he is not Lionel Messi, and we all know that in this day and age of football fundamentalism everything has to be polarised into good v evil, Guardiola v Mourinho, Messi v Ronaldo. You CANNOT appreciate both. Its against the rules.

What’s interesting about all this, is that the reasons for disliking Ronaldo are mostly external factors that have very little to do with his behaviour – either on or off the pitch. The diving dig is disingenuous given the amount of diving that goes on in the game nowadays. Its all about this image that has been cultivated by the media. But in reality, his story is one of triumph over adversity. He was born in absolute poverty, surrounded by crooks and drug addicts (including family members) and managed to escape that through sheer talent and hard work. Even after he left Madeira for Sporting he was bullied because of his lack of education. Watch any interview in the Portuguese media and he comes off as an eloquent and thoughtful person. When you look at where he came from and what he has achieved, you’d be hard pressed to find a better role model in football. But we’d much rather focus on the fact that he waxes his chest.

Cristiano Ronaldo Fan Club - Page 21 Tumblr_m1tpxxNLed1qbnggp

other people dive too therefore noone should hate ronaldive because he dives? can't argue with that kind of logic :facepalm:

who wrote that btw? we might just have found the most eloquent ronaldive fanboy in the world...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 pm

che wrote:
Cristiano Ronaldo Fan Club - Page 21 Tumblr_m1tpxxNLed1qbnggp

other people dive too therefore noone should hate ronaldive because he dives? can't argue with that kind of logic :facepalm:

who wrote that btw? we might just have found the most eloquent ronaldive fanboy in the world...

Diving is a part of the game. Even Messi has dived.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:05 pm

People hate Ronaldo because he loses.....plain and simple.

Not because he dives, or he is arrogant or whatever,not even because he isn't as good a footballer as Messi.

If he changes that, the hate will disappear.

His will never be as good a player as Messi....but it won't matter if he shows up when he needs to and wins titles. People may attack him on stuff like diving and arrogance, but most people realize that the former is part of the game and the latter is sometimes neccesary to motivate oneself.

Personally I dislike him because I feel he isn't good enough to adopt the persona he's adopted , but all that can change if he starts winning.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:10 pm

^^ :facepalm:

Or was your post directed at Madrid fans alone ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Surag wrote:^^ :facepalm:

Or was your post directed at Madrid fans alone ?

You disagree?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Why would i(or people who dislike him)be bothered if he wins ?

He won at United ,it did not make a difference ,there were his pack of haters back then as well ,i dunno whats gonna change if he does the same at Madrid.

Only thing that will change is Madrid fans who doubted him and who have "high standards" will start adoring him and believe in him.

I dont give 2 sh#ts if he scores 10 goals in the next clasico but all i know he is not a likable personality and that is all..On the pitch that is.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Well there will always be a divide........no one is unanimously loved and adored by the entire world. Messi shows up in every big game and there are sitll those who hate him.

Some will never like him and that's fine.I actually don't think I'll ever like him because of the mechanical fashion in which he plays the game.Just like some will never like Xavi or Cruyff.

You hate his personality and his arrogance..well I completely understand that, I'm often the one defending this type of personality in other situations so it's clear that it isn't universally loved.

That will always be the most important thing about being an athlete.I don't think you can eliminate the entire score of disbelievers he's built up just by winning, but I think if you have to look for a difference between him and other great athletes who receive alot more respect than he does, it's pretty obvious......his failure to appear in big games and his failure to win.

If he addresses those issues he will gain fans and shed haters.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Actually his fans make me to hate him. when i watch him i dont hate him even if he dives. but problem is that not only messi fans hate him, most people call him gaynaldo, crynaldo. and most neutrals like messi. I think this is firstly because technique> physic in football. gifted players always are likable

another reason is messi behaves like a man. he never laughs a lot, he never cries when he fouled, he fights hard for the ball (as if he is not the best player). He has serious image, So serious people are more likable. While CR behaves like a whore. He does everything that a whore can do. last game he showed his calfs. really he is not a serious player. if he wants to become best player he must behave like a king
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Ofcourse and indeed no one is unanimously loved or hated but i like Messi more for his on-field persona ,his humble personality despite him dominating football for quite a while now.

And in this case for a player like Cristiano Ronaldo a former Ballon D'or winner ,Ex PFA player of the year,CL winner,Multiple PL title winner ,WINNING doesnt bear relevance as he is a born winner.He has been there done that ,he has been on the top of the world before but its unfortunate that he is playing in the same era thereby competing with the little Phenomenon.

No matter how much he wins ,he will be seen as an arrogant cocky bast*rd in people's eyes or atleast in my eyes.He can never gain the same level of admiration as a Del Piero or a Ronaldo for instance.

Only thing that is going to change is the perspective of Madrid Fans where he has let them down in big games.Its quite obvious that you're speaking from a Madrid perspective here.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Le Samourai wrote:People hate Ronaldo because he loses.....plain and simple.

Not because he dives, or he is arrogant or whatever,not even because he isn't as good a footballer as Messi.

If he changes that, the hate will disappear.

His will never be as good a player as Messi....but it won't matter if he shows up when he needs to and wins titles. People may attack him on stuff like diving and arrogance, but most people realize that the former is part of the game and the latter is sometimes neccesary to motivate oneself.

Personally I dislike him because I feel he isn't good enough to adopt the persona he's adopted , but all that can change if he starts winning.

I kind of agree with you, but the diving and play acting does influence the hate towards him. Lots of people I know that hate him always call out that pathetic behavior. There will still be haters either way because messi has his haters as well. I really don't have anything towards his abilities and skill. I just have that image of his behavior that I can't get past.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:38 am

Messi has been booked for diving twice this season. He tried to steal the league with a handball goal. I've seen him go to ground holding his face Biscuits style on various occasions.

No one who actually plays football doesn't appreciate what Ronaldo has been doing week in week out for the better part of 5 years, in terms of competing and picking up accolades and records.

The truth is beta-males hate alpha-males. If you were asked to draw up some one who was not just intimidating physically but also success wise Cristiano would fit into such criteria. People find Messi likeable because he looks like he could lose a fight to a normal person on the street add to that he looks like he's an idiot. It's why people liked The Rain man, he was talented but you were still better than him at life. Same applies here.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:54 am

Zealous wrote:Messi has been booked for diving twice this season. He tried to steal the league with a handball goal. I've seen him go to ground holding his face Biscuits style on various occasions.

No one who actually plays football doesn't appreciate what Ronaldo has been doing week in week out for the better part of 5 years, in terms of competing and picking up accolades and records.

The truth is beta-males hate alpha-males. If you were asked to draw up some one who was not just intimidating physically but also success wise Cristiano would fit into such criteria. People find Messi likeable because he looks like he could lose a fight to a normal person on the street add to that he looks like he's an idiot. It's why people liked The Rain man, he was talented but you were still better than him at life. Same applies here.

:lol!:
That alpha beta crap is rubbish

Cristiano Ronaldo Fan Club - Page 21 41589_281695172408_2277902_n

Alpha as fuark.

Btw, it seems you are jelly of Messi, he has a hotter girlfriend than you, makes more money and is more successful so you insult him. hypocrisy hmm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:06 am

I'm having a hard time thinking people are serious here. Billionmillion was closest IMO.

People hate Ronaldo because they think he's an arrogant tool/ A hole, and not only that, he is a 'crybaby' on the field and acts like a child, he doesn't track back enough for defense and he has shown to be a selfish player (more so in the past). Not to mention his diving antics as well. All this 'rich talented and a good footballer' stuff is why people don't like him. Personally I think it's hilarious though.

All of these contribute to an 'arrogant-A-hole-baby-whiner-metrosexual-who-dives' image, which is essentially what people think of him as. It's not entirely accurate, but that's why people hate him.

Messi on the other hand acts more humble, doesn't dive (for the most part), is more talented, works harder, and is a fantastic team player overall. He just has the positive image.

They both have skewed images, as all these generalizations obviously can't define a person, but that's the way they are viewed and that's why people love Messi and hate Ronaldo -for the most part.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:23 am

I think the main factor is his arrogance, if he could be more humble like Messi he'd be loved by all fans. :flower:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:44 am

Zealous stop talking funny. Messi would loose in street fight? thats why people love him? Why people like Mike Tyson then? Kaka, Higuain Benzema also would loose in street fight? zidane henry? brazilian ronaldo? most likable player in the forum

and stop bringing players look into this discussion every time. look has nothing to do. look helps you to get more fans (likes of seppuku, lord hades and etc), not loose them. if you think people are jealous of him, then you must understand that nobody is jealous of a public figure or a star. you can be jealous of a person who is in your level, you can not be jealous of man that earns 50 million a year. think why kaka didnt get so much hate
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:39 am

I'd like CR7 more if he didn't come off as an arrogant person to be honest, looking good or not has nothing to do with football.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:10 am

People are people. And that's just the way it is.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next