Against Barca in the CL, why don't teams park the bus and wait until the penalty shootout?

+25
matpol
CBarca
andiii
Jeps33178
Tomwin Lannister
Lord Awesome
Internal
Potential
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
windkick
nichabr
rwo power
Baraa
Nishankly
guest7
LeSwagg James
la bestia negra
fatman123
huntsman
chinomaster182
zizzle
The Verminator
Omniscient
Onyx
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Against Barca in the CL, why don't teams park the bus and wait until the penalty shootout? Empty Against Barca in the CL, why don't teams park the bus and wait until the penalty shootout?

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:35 am

Against Barca n the CL, why don't teams park the bus and wait until the penalty shootout?

Then it's 50/50.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Against Barca in the CL, why don't teams park the bus and wait until the penalty shootout? Empty Re: Against Barca in the CL, why don't teams park the bus and wait until the penalty shootout?

Post by Omniscient Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:37 am

Because giving Barca 85% possession for 180 minutes and trying to hold them to 0 goals is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Against Barca in the CL, why don't teams park the bus and wait until the penalty shootout? Empty Re: Against Barca in the CL, why don't teams park the bus and wait until the penalty shootout?

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:38 am

Yeh it's a silly suggestion, however it might work.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:45 am

I agree with omniscient but in a less attacking way.
Barca are a team with not so many weaknesses. Sometimes there's no obvious way of playing against them. When you park the bus, they just play the ball very well, hold onto possession, and find a way through. When you press high up the pitch, they play through/over-the-top balls and slice you open. I guess the tactic a team adopts would have to be based on the type of players they have..........

While it did work for Mourinho's Inter, it doesn't work so well for everytime that tries it.
If you remember, there were threads back in the day wwhere people were asking "Why don't teams attack Barce?"
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:47 am

coz then ull be playing anti football and that would "justify" their diving
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:24 am

They do stand back, remember Rubin Kazan?

Actually every single team i've seen Barca play against in this CL group stage waited to soak pressure and play the counter, Barca just steamrolled them.

It's just the fact nobody has planned a style for more than a decade like they have, and nobody can stand a chance (except Madrid).
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:29 am

Against Barca, 4 - 4 - 2 is the way to go.

If you have good wingers who can defend as good as they can attack and you close on your sides and force barca to attack from the center only then you re 1 step ahead of them.

4 - 4 - 2 is not parking the bus, its the most basic formation of all of them, a shape shifting formation.

I ve already discussed this before in the madrid section and wasted like 30 mins of my time typing and arguing with people who lack tactical awareness so if you want the recipe to beat barca refer to my post on 4 - 4 - 2(not the thread with the same title which doesnt discuss the details but another thread which i think falls under the title Post Classico Analysis or something)
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:55 am

Force Barca to attack from the center?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:02 am

i dont think anyone really knows how to beat barca or nullify their style of play, but i think really squeexing them into playing through the middle and trying to mark their wide players out fo the game might be the way to go, having said that if you give messi an inch he'll dance through the defence although if you mark him too tight he'll get past his marker too

honestly the only way to beat barca is to hold the ball as much as you can, try to stop them from playing their game and hope lady luck is on your side although thats much easier said then done
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:07 am

sign a sponsorship deal with burgerking :dance:

or well outclass them at diving
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 am

I would rather get smashed 5-0 again, than park the bus like a bunch of pansies
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:40 am

Actually attacking them wide is better than the middle

Crossing the ball in is way more dangerous for Barca, since it's their one weakness.

Valencia are a example of this.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:41 am

fatman123 wrote:i dont think anyone really knows how to beat barca or nullify their style of play, but i think really squeexing them into playing through the middle and trying to mark their wide players out fo the game might be the way to go

That's what I also said

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:42 am

Could work for Stoke.
They park the bus so well, That even their own players dont get enough space to tackle.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:44 pm

I said it once and i will say it again, the only way to beat barca is to pay the referee more than they do Laughing
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Considering that Barca have problems with teams that have certain notable sponsors (Getafe's Burger King comes to mind), they should be very afraid of Bayern, who have Lufthansa among their sponsors. Guess how easy it would be for them to park an Airbus A380? Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:58 pm

stick zanetti on messi for the full 90 mins and your good to go.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:59 pm

huntsman wrote:Against Barca, 4 - 4 - 2 is the way to go.

If you have good wingers who can defend as good as they can attack and you close on your sides and force barca to attack from the center only then you re 1 step ahead of them.

4 - 4 - 2 is not parking the bus, its the most basic formation of all of them, a shape shifting formation.

I ve already discussed this before in the madrid section and wasted like 30 mins of my time typing and arguing with people who lack tactical awareness so if you want the recipe to beat barca refer to my post on 4 - 4 - 2(not the thread with the same title which doesnt discuss the details but another thread which i think falls under the title Post Classico Analysis or something)

That makes allot of sense considering Xavi + Iniesta + Fabregas + Messi all attack down the middle....

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Stoke are shite lol, we made them look awful and if we can do it then Barca sure as hell f*cking can.......

Best way to beat Barca which has been proven time and time again is press them as a team and give them no space to breath.

Not many teams can manage this but its the best and most effective way......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Stoke are shite lol, we made them look awful and if we can do it then Barca sure as hell f*cking can.......

Best way to beat Barca which has been proven time and time again is press them as a team and give them no space to breath.

Not many teams can manage this but its the best and most effective way......

I agree with this. Problem is trying to press them for the full 90 mins and not get exhausted. Plus your players have to play like a full out TEAM to beat them, work as one. Barca players play as one giant unit, so you have to beat them the same way. That's usually where it has failed for teams like R. Madrid, they manage to do good in the first half and then the 2nd half they start getting tired from chasing the players/ball and Barca sets up on the opposing half with wave after wave of attack
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Teams wouldn't need to press for 90 mins if they kept the ball while Barca pressed.

Real Madrid just hoofed it away instead of keeping the ball when Barca pressed.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Too risky, let in a goal and it all falls apart.

Pressing is the way, but you cant press for long if you only have the ball 40% of the time.

Press, get a goal, then park the bus. Easier said then done of course.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:Too risky, let in a goal and it all falls apart.

Pressing is the way, but you cant press for long if you only have the ball 40% of the time.

Press, get a goal, then park the bus. Easier said then done of course.

I disagree, you should press hard and get a goal, then not park the bus, simply play on the counter attack, don't press at allexcept when Xavi or Iniesta get the ball, mainly to disturb their flow.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:11 pm

huntsman wrote:Against Barca, 4 - 4 - 2 is the way to go.

Manchester united ran a 4-4-2 against them. We all know how that turned out
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Get Italians as your CB's, French DM's. Problem solved. :coffee:

What you really need is Defenders with a lot of Stamina, who are also not slow, and are also solid. Not easy. You'd have to make them IMO. Also, you'll need 1 DM's who is capable of Recovering the ball but who can also Dribble and Distribute the ball (Banega) and one who's purpose is to Destroy the opponents play but also who projection towards the opponents goal (someone like Pepe or De Rossi) . Fullbacks would be nice too but I prefer those SB's like Zanetti who can Defend as well as Attack. The Attacking 4 are also gonna need Stamina no matter how you put them.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next