BarrileteCosmico
milanese
shaven
101 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Page 11 Empty Re: The Movie House

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 pm

I would recommend Following, I know myself and Iras were big fans of that movie. I must check out this Insomnia film, I'm a big fan of Nolan's films.

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:07 am

RedOranje wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:I am really struggling to watch Battle Of Los Angeles due to it being so God damn awful!

The Experiment- Very good film.
It really is like a (bad) video game, isn't it? Every time you think it's finishing a new level pops up. And it's all culminated by some boss fight that even has a second stage! Laughing

Spot on! Also corny, so unoriginal and has crappy special effects. The shaky camera effect was annoying too.

You know a movie sucks when it takes someone 3 days to finish it.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:46 am

Attack the Block, just finished watching it, about Aliens attacking a London ghetto, and the local teenagers defending the block...pretty funny and sick at the same time
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:50 am

Messiakanino wrote:
Adit wrote:"Prestige" released in 2006
Very good science fiction movie,fantastic perfomance from tom cruise.

I think you are talking about "The Prestige, with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman.......Tom Cruise isn't in the movie....still though it's an amazing movie about two rival magicians. also Scarlett Johansen is in it, so it's worth a watch just for that.

Also "The illusionist" (2006) with Edward Norton is very similar to The Prestige and is amazing.

Both movies have incredibly twisting endings. 100% recommended.
oh my bad,lol

I accidently typed tom cruise instead of hugh jackman.

Wonderful movie about rival magicians. Thumbs up
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Just watched The Quiet Earth. It's from New Zealand, but oh boy don't you let that throw you off. Highly recommended for fans of sci-fi/post-apocalypse.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:10 am

I forgot how much The Green Mile makes me all misty eyes Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:45 am

@Lex

I cried like a bitch while watching that movie.

Anyway,

My favourite part of the movie calender is coming up! Autumn/Winter is when we get the good stuff from Hollywood. It seems Warrior is getting the ball rolling, it's gotten some pretty epic reviews and it has Tom Hardy in it so I'll definitely be catching that.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is being remade for some reason and while the idea sucks on paper since the original was a perfectly good movie that was released not THAT long ago the fact that David f*cking Fincher is directing this has me interested.

Gary Oldman is finally in a leading role again in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Another movie based on a book (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo being the first) I'll be checking that out since the book seems to be highly rated so the story will probably be interesting.

Also THE MOTHER F*CKING MUPPETS.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Managed to get all 3 Naked Gun movies for $5.00 each.

Amazing deal.

Will be watching those!!!!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:18 pm

CBarca wrote:Managed to get all 3 Naked Gun movies for $5.00 each.

Amazing deal.

Will be watching those!!!!
Nice beaver!

Did you get Airplane! ?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Frank:That's the red-light district. I wonder why Savage is hanging around down there.

Captain Ed: Sex, Frank?

Frank: Uh, no, not right now, Ed.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:02 pm

"Surely you can't be serious!?"

"Of course I'm serious and don't call be Shirley."
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:04 am

Messiakanino wrote:
dmize wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:

I think you are talking about "The Prestige, with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman.......Tom Cruise isn't in the movie....still though it's an amazing movie about two rival magicians. also Scarlett Johansen is in it, so it's worth a watch just for that.

Also "The illusionist" (2006) with Edward Norton is very similar to The Prestige and is amazing.

The Prestige is directed by Christopher Nolan right? One of the movies of his that I haven't seen yet.

yeah it's Christopher Nolan's film.....Have u seen Following and Insomnia....if yes, which one do you recommend.....that's the only two i haven't seen by Nolan yet

I finally saw the Prestige the other night. Effin great movie, I can't believe I slept on it lol.

And I've seen Insomnia but haven't seen Following(that's my next watch), I liked Insomnia but it wasn't as good as Memento or some of his others, and from what I've read Following seems to be the better movie.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:26 am

Millennium Trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc) is brilliant.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:09 pm

dmize wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:
dmize wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:

The Prestige is directed by Christopher Nolan right? One of the movies of his that I haven't seen yet.

yeah it's Christopher Nolan's film.....Have u seen Following and Insomnia....if yes, which one do you recommend.....that's the only two i haven't seen by Nolan yet

I finally saw the Prestige the other night. Effin great movie, I can't believe I slept on it lol.

And I've seen Insomnia but haven't seen Following(that's my next watch), I liked Insomnia but it wasn't as good as Memento or some of his others, and from what I've read Following seems to be the better movie.

I saw Following the other night as well. Great movie, short but very good. As usual per Nolan's movies, a good and unexpected twist(s). It's shot on a low budget($6000) in black and white with actors you've probably never heard of, but they still give good performances. I'll have to watch it again though as I didn't pick up everything the first time I watched it.

My opinion on how I'd list his movies(#1 changes between TDK and Memento for me)
1a. The Dark Knight
1b. Memento
2. Inception
3. The Prestige
4. Batman Begins
5. Following
6. Insomnia
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:34 pm

I saw the Cinderella Man 2 nights ago. Nearly began to tear up. Brilliant movie and so sad as well.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:35 pm

dmize wrote:
dmize wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:
dmize wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:

I saw Following the other night as well. Great movie, short but very good. As usual per Nolan's movies, a good and unexpected twist(s). It's shot on a low budget($6000) in black and white with actors you've probably never heard of, but they still give good performances. I'll have to watch it again though as I didn't pick up everything the first time I watched it.

My opinion on how I'd list his movies(#1 changes between TDK and Memento for me)
1a. The Dark Knight
1b. Memento
2. Inception
3. The Prestige
4. Batman Begins
5. Following
6. Insomnia

Good ranking but I think Inception should be higher than Memento, and also Batman Begins should be higher on that list. Memento was amazing but it didn't strike as much as Inception or even Batman Begins.
My personal list:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Inception
3. Batman Begins
4a. Memento
4b. The Prestige

Haven't seen the other two to really judge. I see a lot of people underrating Batman Begins but that movie was amazing. And I would've like Memento better if the actor was someone else....Not a big fan of Guy Pearce at all.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Eh, I think Memento was better than Inception. And Batman Begins is a great movie but the only spot I could move it to is maybe in front of The Prestige, doesn't really deserve to be any higher.

I may take some heat for this but I think Inception is a bit overrated, at least compared to the Batman's and Memento. Memento for me is Nolan's masterpiece.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Is nobody going to mention Waking Life? Seriously, have I ever steered any of you in the wrong direction. Take the time out of your life and check out this movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:27 am

dmize wrote:Eh, I think Memento was better than Inception. And Batman Begins is a great movie but the only spot I could move it to is maybe in front of The Prestige, doesn't really deserve to be any higher.

I may take some heat for this but I think Inception is a bit overrated, at least compared to the Batman's and Memento. Memento for me is Nolan's masterpiece.

I think it's the most overrated movie ever.

Both dark Knight and Memento are a lot better than it. Especially Memento, that movie is an original masterpiece.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:27 am

I think both you guys missed the point of Inception completely if I'm honest. That movie is so deep and has so many layers it's unbelievable.

Momento was about memories, Inception was about dreams. Both made you doubt what you were watching and both were hard to follow on purpose. I dare you to find a movie that made you talk about it more AFTER you watched it than before you watched like most movies.

I'm so glad a creative movie like this succeeded finnacially because the industry needs movies that can push the envelop of the genre. It deserved the best picture Oscar last year hands down if you ask me but the Academy will never acknowledge science fiction movies until most of the dinosaurs of the past generation kick the bucket.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:26 am

Zealous wrote:I think both you guys missed the point of Inception completely if I'm honest. That movie is so deep and has so many layers it's unbelievable.

Yeah, that's it. :facepalm:

I was the guy who had to explain what was going on to the people I watched the movie with(things like how his wedding band determines his consciousness, what particular level they were in at a time, etc)

Zealous wrote:I dare you to find a movie that made you talk about it more AFTER you watched it than before you watched like most movies.

Requiem for a Dream, Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, Mulholland Drive, KIDS, Trainspotting, American Beauty, Pi, Donnie Darko, A Clockwork Orange. I'll keep going if you want, that's just off the top of my head.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:38 am

No need, all the movies you mentioned were classics back in the day, however none of them are recent and none of them are really like Inception at all, which is my point.

Hollywood needed a creative movie like this to do well. Otherwise we would be doomed to Transformers 6 and Fast and the Furious 8. Overrated or not Inception will always be a triumph for me. Not to mention that it had some sweet acting and cinematography.

As for the first point I didn't mean you missed the plot. I meant that you probably missed why the plot was complicated as it was. It's not your typical movie.

Anyway everyone has a popular movie they never really liked that much. Mine was Fight Club banana

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:45 am

Recent (ish)?

The Matrix
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:19 am

Yeah the original Matrix came out in 1999 : \
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:31 am

Inception was indeed mind bending.

Recent... Pan's Labyrinth is from 2006. Not really recent but it's awesome. The Orphanage a year later. These are both Spanish flicks, BTW. They completely skull frack you and I recommend them. I guess The Prestige is already mentioned.

Oh, and an underrated classic: Jacob's Ladder. Damn, these sort of movies must be my favorite. Anyone with obscure good ones make their recommendations Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:48 am

Inceptions a great movie, don't get me wrong. But I do think it's a bit overrated, that's not to say I didn't like it because I did.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/07/19/is-inception-overrated/

^Kind of sums up a few of my gripes with the movie(besides Cobb there's not a whole lot of character development, anytime there's a confusing moment Gordon-Levitt or the chick will turn and explain exactly what's going on to us)

Like I said still a good movie, but I prefer Memento, TDK and maybe even the Prestige(I'll have to watch it again).

What's everyone's take on the ending of Inception?

Spoiler:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down