I-no
Ganso
McLewis
halamadrid2
M99
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: AC Milan sign El Shaarawy on co-ownership Empty OFFICIAL: AC Milan sign El Shaarawy on co-ownership

Post by M99 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Genoa have announced that Serie A champions AC Milan have bought a 50 per cent stake in 18-year-old attacker Stephan El Shaarawy for a fee of €10 million.

The midfielder has only made three appearances in the Italian top flight, and Genoa president Enrico Preziosi explained to Il Corriere Mercantile that the club were powerless to reject such a lucrative bid.

"Their bid surprised me. I really did not expect it at all. The Rossoneri valued him at €20m, which translates to €10m for a 50% share in him now."

"The value of his other half can increase as well if he does well. Overall, it is a deal worth €25m and I just could not say no."

El Shaarawy, who spent the 2010-11 season on loan at Serie B side Padova, had already made his desire to play for Massimiliano Allegri's men clear, telling Sky Sport 24 that he supported the seven-time European champions as a boy.

Genoa will receive a talented midfielder of their own in the shape of 19-year-old Alexander Merkel, who broke into the Milan first XI for a period last season. Genoa will become joint-owners of the young German.

"I have read that we will pay €1.3m for Merkel but that is not the case. He will cost us €5m because Milan value him at €10m. He is very young but he is also ready to play in the league."

El Shaarawy scored nine goals in 30 games for Padova last season on their way to the play-off final, while Merkel appeared 10 times for the Rossoneri, scoring once.

To summarize, Milan value El Shaarawy at 20 million euro and got 50% of his rights for 10 million. Merkel also has joined Genoa at co-ownership. He is valued at 10 million an d Genoa got 50% of him for 5 million.

I'm really happy with this transfer. El Shaarawy (the guy on my avatar) is the most promising Italian after Balotelli and Merkel can gain a lot of experience with Genoa.

Forza Pharaoh :farao:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: AC Milan sign El Shaarawy on co-ownership Empty Re: OFFICIAL: AC Milan sign El Shaarawy on co-ownership

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 pm

The midfielder has only made three appearances in the Italian top flight

huuuuuuuh?? 20 mill for that
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: AC Milan sign El Shaarawy on co-ownership Empty Re: OFFICIAL: AC Milan sign El Shaarawy on co-ownership

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Fantastic acquisition for Milan...

Kid's got the goods...has looked impressive everywhere he's played.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:52 pm

hes valued at 20M but were paying 10
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:03 pm

happy for milan, I want them to defeat barsa next year maybe.
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Ganso wrote:hes valued at 20M but were paying 10

actually its just 5 + half Merkel
great deal if u ask me
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:10 pm

oh hes the guy from padua right?
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:10 pm

galliani >branca
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:25 pm

I don't know, we have to see how often he will play
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:26 pm

I doubt this is the guy Milan are trully going after, but on the long term it's a nice buy. I'm sure they'll still be after Hamsik, Fabregas etc.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:27 pm

That's stupid these story of buying share of a players.

If one club has 50 and the other 50, where does he play? Who decides why?
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:27 pm

The next.......?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Giovinco.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 pm

OLpower wrote:That's stupid these story of buying share of a players.

If one club has 50 and the other 50, where does he play? Who decides why?
He plays in the club that bought his shares, until the end of the season when one of the clubs can decide to buy him. In an unanimous bid, whoever bids more gets him.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:06 pm

I see that the English clubs are not the only ones who pay inflated prices for English talent

3 appearances and rated at 20m....we payed 16.5 for Jones a 19 year old starting XI CB in the Prem who made 35 appearances.....20m for 3 appearances is steep! but you likely get a player who will never wanna leave your club which is the bonus
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:01 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:I see that the English clubs are not the only ones who pay inflated prices for English talent

3 appearances and rated at 20m....we payed 16.5 for Jones a 19 year old starting XI CB in the Prem who made 35 appearances.....20m for 3 appearances is steep! but you likely get a player who will never wanna leave your club which is the bonus

3 appearances? LOL you clearly know nothing about him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:19 pm

yea 20m is too much but we are basically getting him for 10m..merkel wont get much playing time with us and el shaarawy is way more direct and thats what we need in the future....
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:26 pm

[quote="milanista99"]

The midfielder has only made three appearances in the Italian top flight, and Genoa president Enrico Preziosi explained to Il Corriere Mercantile that the club were powerless to reject such a lucrative bid.

milanista99 wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:I see that the English clubs are not the only ones who pay inflated prices for English talent

your right i don't know anything about him, but the article said hes only made 3 appearances in top flight which is what i was clearly comparing to us paying 16.5m for a player with 35 appearances in top flight

im not taking the piss im just comparing inflation prices for homegrown talent quit your whining
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Off topic, has Zlatan signed for Milan yet? If I missed it, just send the link here or something?!

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Quite a high price no?
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:38 pm

nopp he hasnt
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:36 am

Doc wrote:Off topic, has Zlatan signed for Milan yet? If I missed it, just send the link here or something?!

Your a bit late. He signed in summer 2010. Milan bought him for that season with an obligation to buy the rest of his contract at the end of the season for a fixed sum of 24m euro's....
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:20 am

[quote="B-Mac MUFC"]
milanista99 wrote:

milanista99 wrote:

your right i don't know anything about him, but the article said hes only made 3 appearances in top flight which is what i was clearly comparing to us paying 16.5m for a player with 35 appearances in top flight

im not taking the piss im just comparing inflation prices for homegrown talent quit your whining

El Shaarawy has been Padova's best player and the lynchpin of their side at the age of 18 and was also probably Serie B's best player this season. I know Serie B is not exactly an elite league, but at the age of 18 almost leading a side to promotion is something that has to be commended.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:24 am

And by the way, we are not paying 20 million for him.

vu wrote:has anyone actually read preziosis words or are you all just refer to the headline...?

all preziosi said is that currently they value el shaarawy at 20m and that this deal could
be worth ~25m in the future if the pharaoh performs well, which would
increase his value + our current valuation of merkel is 10m (which is
absolutely insane btw), which means that theoretically were paying 10m
for half of the pharaoh...

but the truth is, were paying 5.5m +
half of merkels contract for a co-ownership of el shaarawy. so actually,
the final prices of both merkel and shaarawy depend on how well they
progress... we may end up selling our half of shaarawy and pay another
10m to get merkel back... who knows?!!

anyway, my opinion on this
transfer: is 5.5m + half of merkel (valued at 5m) too much? it slightly
is cause i dont think that el shaarawy showed enough to justify this
price. he has potential though and preziosi could be right and shaarawy
could become a fantastic player and well end up paying another 15m for
his full rights... only then well all say that hes worth the money.

so
genoa didnt really ripped us off. weve made a 5m investment on a
potentially world class player. only time will tell whether its a good
investment...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:29 am

Here is a video of The Pharoah. Missing some goals though.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum