aleumdance
Jay29
Lex
Raptorgunner
Spider
DuringTheWar
14 posters

Go down

Most embarrassing games over the last two seasons and root of our problems Empty Most embarrassing games over the last two seasons and root of our problems

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:33 pm

In chronological order

Arsenal 2-3 west brom. If losing at home to west brom isnt bad enough, at one point we were 3-0 down

Arsenal 2-3 tottenham. Same reasonably respectable scoreline, only this time we threw away a two goal lead and shattered a 17 year record of not being beaten by spurs at home in the proccess in a truly depressing game

Newcastle 4-4 arsenal. Say no more

Carling cup final. After years of frustration we are on the verge of finally winning a trophy only to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY.

Barcelona 3-1 arsenal. Not a single shot in the entire game... history makers

Tottenham 3-3 arsenal. Next time we take a two goal lead against tottenham turn the tv off

8-2
Clubber

Blackburn 4-3 arsenal. Again, just utterly depressing

Swansea 3-2 arsenal. Passed off the pitch by a newly promoted team

Now i havent compared this to other top clubs over the last couple of years, but i doubt any of them have had so many "joke" games. The question is why is our team susceptible to embarrassing themselves and us in such cringeworthy fashion? its definately not ability in question, more mentality, poor concentration, or possibly management is not drilling them well enough. Either way there are times where i'd use the term "professional" very loosley to describe our team.

Basically the team does not have either the mental fortitude, or intelligence, possibly both, to win anything. I doubt this is a result of poor management or coaching given wengers previous success, and im not convinced its down to the team being young and inexperienced either. Look at jack wilshere, how he is always switched on, always concentrating, always getting in the right position, always determined to win, the youngest, most inexperienced player on the team, is more professional than any of our other players bar possibly vermaelen. We've got too many players that wilt under pressure, who go missing when the going gets tough. I think when wenger scouts a player he needs to do some research on their personality as well as their talent
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Most embarrassing games over the last two seasons and root of our problems Empty Re: Most embarrassing games over the last two seasons and root of our problems

Post by Spider Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:12 pm

What is the purpose of this thread ?

OHh For the love of GOD GET OVER IT ALREADY !!!!!!
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Most embarrassing games over the last two seasons and root of our problems Empty Re: Most embarrassing games over the last two seasons and root of our problems

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 pm

All this will be forgotten once we beat down Man u.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:34 pm

he is right, you'd be hard pressed to find other teams who suffered as bad defeats in as embarrassing circumstances

3-0 down to WBA? Chucking a 4 goal lead away against Newcastle? Putting our legacy against Tottenham down the toilet? Not good enough.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:52 pm

The answer is simple. The root cause is the manager. The manager is the one who instills a winning mentallity in players, and if he can't, he has to buy players that already has that so they can spread it to other players.

The environment at Arsenal seems to be "if I play crap, it doesn't matter because manager will still give me chances". At other clubs, it's "if I play crap, I run the risk of being dropped". And it's that fear of falling out of favour that motivates players to play to their best every game and cut out the mistakes in their games - half of those results are a result of individual errors from certain players.

This is my one biggest criticism of Wenger. His excuse always seems to be "the players were lacking sharpness". It's like he only thinks in terms of technical and physical attributes.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:58 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:The answer is simple. The root cause is the manager. The manager is the one who instills a winning mentallity in players, and if he can't, he has to buy players that already has that so they can spread it to other players.

The environment at Arsenal seems to be "if I play crap, it doesn't matter because manager will still give me chances". At other clubs, it's "if I play crap, I run the risk of being dropped". And it's that fear of falling out of favour that motivates players to play to their best every game and cut out the mistakes in their games - half of those results are a result of individual errors from certain players.

This is my one biggest criticism of Wenger. His excuse always seems to be "the players were lacking sharpness". It's like he only thinks in terms of technical and physical attributes.

get ready to be flamed by wengieheads on this forum

and to ur reply jay, there are some players we have that wopn't be here if mourinho or fergie were our manager,,

1) Arshavin: how many chances would he have?

2) I'ill moon Ya: we complain about paying club debt, but this same club is paying high wage for a player who never plays

3) Denilson: i love this guy, but he gotta go

4) any normal club would have let Bendtner go 2 seasons back
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Well, there's a difference in what I said and what the people who want Wenger out have said. I am still pro-Wenger, just so you know. Just that if its one aspect that really irks me about him, it's the one I mentioned. Admittedly, it's a pretty big flaw, but then there's a lot he can do that other manager can't so it sort of evens out.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:05 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Well, there's a difference in what I said and what the people who want Wenger out have said. I am still pro-Wenger, just so you know. Just that if its one aspect that really irks me about him, it's the one I mentioned. Admittedly, it's a pretty big flaw, but then there's a lot he can do that other manager can't so it sort of evens out.

I'm pro wenger too but not a "wengiehead".. thing I hate some gooners is if you mention wenger's major flaw, they treat you like you're some outcast..

and like the one said earlier, wenger ain't ruthless at all, honestly I think $hit players dream of playing for arsenal more than madrid or barca.. cuz they know Wenger would give them chances eventhough its clear they don't deserve any
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:53 pm

aleumdance wrote:

and to ur reply jay, there are some players we have that wopn't be here if mourinho or fergie were our manager,,

Don't think that anyone other than RVP, TV, Sagna,Song and maybe Szczesny would start. The rest IF they were there would only be subs.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Think of all the cock-ups (for want of a better term) over the past 4 or 5 years. Just bad luck? I think not.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Agreed with Jay
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Before KO on Sunday, Arsenal could (should) be 7th, 18pts behind Man City and 7 points off 4th.

2 years ago this week, Arsenal were top.

Someone defend how this can be right! I dare you.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 am

Anyone think we lack competition within the squad? I think some of the youngsters deserve some chances to pressure some of the older players.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:12 am

Emaharg wrote:Anyone think we lack competition within the squad? I think some of the youngsters deserve some chances to pressure some of the older players.
And then people will complain about how we're forcing youngsters into the fray when they aren't ready, and how they aren't good enough and things like that :L.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:31 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:The answer is simple. The root cause is the manager. The manager is the one who instills a winning mentallity in players, and if he can't, he has to buy players that already has that so they can spread it to other players.

cheers

Wenger great strength is also his weakness, nursing talent. Along the development, Wenger becomes very protective of his players and not in a good way. Mou, Pep & Fergi also but they would drop players instantly if they don't perform. I mean ffs Fergi sold Beckham & Stam when they're still at their peak. So yeah, the man drops his balls on this one. Not saying he doesn't make other mistakes but this is the most glaring one & might not be addressed soon. Looking back, he's not alway like this, he did drop Lauren & Edu a lots back when they did not perform.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:44 am

I think i may have to visit this section more often now..Seems like a very interesting place nowadays :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:07 am

Sack the board. :coffee:

First time I am subscribing to this school of thought. But when I read an interview of PHW showcasing the lack of ambition, I have nothing more to say.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:52 pm

milan 4 - 0 AFC

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum