lenear1030
Raptorgunner
ahsanasif
Jay29
Jamin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Biggest issue if Benzema becomes available - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest issue if Benzema becomes available

Post by Wilson37 Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:01 am

Its simply not possible..
If we could buy Benzema and pay him above 100k per week.. There would not have been the Nasri situation..
That should not happen when RVP who has been with us for long gets 80k.. So i feel we dont need him if he demands such pay...
Thats the problem with high profile signings.. It disturbs our system.. And if it does not go well everything collapses.. So why take the risk.. Wenger knows..

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Biggest issue if Benzema becomes available - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest issue if Benzema becomes available

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:19 am

srigooner wrote:And ofcourse that source from French NT saying he asked Nasri to stay at Arsenal till his RM future go sorted out..

You have a system advantage too... he would be tailor fit for it. Great creative passer, loves to participate in build ups and quick passing and, of course, lethal finisher. He scored on over 20% of the shots he took. Only Messi, Ronaldo and Gomez were more efficient.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm willing to say he will take a wage hit if he wanted to come. I mean, he earns a shit lot anyways.

For first team football and to play under Wenger, if he were half smart he'd take the offer.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:15 pm

No way he takes a wage hit. Plenty of other great teams with probably an even richer history than Arsenal are willing to step up. Arsenal either steps up or gets passed by... Generally, i think Arsenal needs to act like an elite club, which means paying the market for players, as opposed to pretending to be elite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:No way he takes a wage hit. Plenty of other great teams with probably an even richer history than Arsenal are willing to step up. Arsenal either steps up or gets passed by... Generally, i think Arsenal needs to act like an elite club, which means paying the market for players, as opposed to pretending to be elite.

I think he can take a slight wage hit. He has to be aware that his generous wages are part of our money making enterprise and are only so high because he take a generous cut on his image rights.

I dont think he will look at things so extremely, because playing for wenger is as close of a clean transition as he will get. the only advantage they have in wenger is also the biggest one, i dont consider benzema to be a gold digger so i think if the opportunity is right, specially the project presented to him, he will take a slight cut.

But he will still be the top earner most likely.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:28 pm

If man u or Chelsea step up Nick... He would maybe take a very slight hit. Doubt it's a whole lot. There's nothing tangibly different with playing for either of Chelsea, man u or arsenal. depends how much he values wenger... In my experience with athletes and other pros, money ismoften the final answer. I don't blame them... They have a very limited career span and they should maximize it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ahsanasif Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:06 pm

^

This guy has a point. If we don't cough up, someone else will.
ahsanasif
ahsanasif
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:00 am

There's not way someone is going to cough up 120k in wages for Benezema. That's like in the "star" bracket, and while he's good, he's no elite just yet. I'd offer him about 100k, but realistically he must know that going from bench player to one of the highest payed players is not happening.

He also plays in Madrid... who sort of exaggerate wages, you know. Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:49 am

Benzema is staying with madrid its higuain who should be worried.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jback2 Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:56 am

i always wondered.. why would benzema leave the highest paying club in the world for one of the stingiest?? surrounded by superstars to come to arsenal. where the only 'superstar' is already halfway out the door back to spain.

jback2
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 23arshavin23 Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:39 am

For some players money is only 1 half of it, playing time also plays a big role.
23arshavin23
23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 pm

If he doesn't start at Madrid, he loses his NT starting job. Only reason Blanc stuck with him early in the season last year was that there were no other options. Now Gameiro is there and he would take over.... it's a stated policy by Blanc and the reason Lass wants to leave Madrid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:58 pm

jback2 wrote:i always wondered.. why would benzema leave the highest paying club in the world for one of the stingiest?? surrounded by superstars to come to arsenal. where the only 'superstar' is already halfway out the door back to spain.
The thing is, he's not a superstar at Madrid. He's only part of the superbench. With Higuain healthy I don't see him starting many games.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
jback2 wrote:i always wondered.. why would benzema leave the highest paying club in the world for one of the stingiest?? surrounded by superstars to come to arsenal. where the only 'superstar' is already halfway out the door back to spain.
The thing is, he's not a superstar at Madrid. He's only part of the superbench. With Higuain healthy I don't see him starting many games.

Not to mention we're buying either Aguero or Neymar or both lol. It's kind of ridiculous at Madrid. Even if it's not broken, we seems to want new toys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Yeah, that seems to be the Madrid philosophy Very Happy

Those guys are a level above Benzema though, to be honest.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:36 pm

I wouldn't say Neymar is a level above Benzema. While Neymar is undoutedly a great talent, he still has the prove he can do it in one of top leagues in the world and not just be another great Brazillian talent that eventually fell by the wayside.

Benzema's goalscoring record speaks for itself. 26 goals in your first La Liga season is very impressive and I for one will never understand the ridiculously high standards at Real Madrid or their constant need to shuffle the pack.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:39 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I wouldn't say Neymar is a level above Benzema. While Neymar is undoutedly a great talent, he still has the prove he can do it in one of top leagues in the world and not just be another great Brazillian talent that eventually fell by the wayside.

Benzema's goalscoring record speaks for itself. 26 goals in your first La Liga season is very impressive and I for one will never understand the ridiculously high standards at Real Madrid or their constant need to shuffle the pack.

I have my theory on this a bit... regardless of everything and an ever growing budget (500 million euros annually now), Madrid makes a profit. How do they do that? They create turnover so there's fresh excitement... and fresh merchandising sales.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:46 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I wouldn't say Neymar is a level above Benzema. While Neymar is undoutedly a great talent, he still has the prove he can do it in one of top leagues in the world and not just be another great Brazillian talent that eventually fell by the wayside.

second season actually...

what until last seasons used to happen at real is that you had two axis making the signings. you had the Director and the manager pushing for players, which led to conflicts with the different coaches we have had. example with valdano, pellegrini and mourinho.

Perez makes promises of stars player with no concern of who the coach will be and sign Pelle. Problem is, kaka isnt the kind of AM pelle uses and he had no power on the signings, valdano was the mediator between Perez and the coach. so things like selling sneijder or robben were out of his hands. End result, he has to change his system, things dont run so well etc... but individual make things happen.

now pelle is fired, but valdano is signing Leon and Canales before mourinho arrives, and he takes over the signings.

and this summer, mourinho becam general manager english style, getting rid of valdano and telling perez he was in charge. So now he is making plays for HIS players, and guys like Benzema are in serious danger. He blacklisted Leon for whatever reason, canales just wasnt ready.

that's why you see players like Aguero or Neymar linked to us, because it's more like something both perez and Mourinho agreed upon.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:52 pm

I have my theory on this a bit... regardless of everything and an ever growing budget (500 million euros annually now), Madrid makes a profit. How do they do that? They create turnover so there's fresh excitement... and fresh merchandising sales.

So they sign big names every season to generate new commerical income, which in turn leads to profit.

That seem redundant to me, because if you just didn't sign the player you wouldn't be wasting money on the fee, wages, bonuses and what have you. They'd still make a profit either way.

that's why you see players like Aguero or Neymar linked to us, because it's more like something both perez and Mourinho agreed upon.

I understand that the president would want more big names, or "galacticos", but why Mourinho? He's been asking for a big, target man like striker since he's arrived but is now after Aguero and Neymar. It just makes little sense to me to sign another quality striker that's almost exactly the same to the two world class striker he already has at his disposal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:01 pm

@sportsczy, I dont think Perez wake up one morning and had the genius to make RM turn over players like pizzas. It's generating money but he isnt dumb enough not to realize that it doesnt make for a stable team. He is making the best financially out of bad situation and bad sporting management.

@goonerjay, i guess you can call it, mourinho evolving and adapting. he won the last CL without a big man, so it's only telling to us that he will be evolving his tactics, and adapting to the threat barcelona. He has got to realize that we wont overcome them by playing the counter all the time.

Mourinho isnt a big fan of benzema, but it has more to do with his persona than his talent. I was kinda surprised he would give the ok on Neymar but i guess he thinks he can format him, and Neymar isnt as lazy as the urban myth makes it sound.

i can assure you that perez is only participating, not forcing any player on mourinho

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:03 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

So they sign big names every season to generate new commerical income, which in turn leads to profit.

That seem redundant to me, because if you just didn't sign the player you wouldn't be wasting money on the fee, wages, bonuses and what have you. They'd still make a profit either way.

I understand that the president would want more big names, or "galacticos", but why Mourinho? He's been asking for a big, target man like striker since he's arrived but is now after Aguero and Neymar. It just makes little sense to me to sign another quality striker that's almost exactly the same to the two world class striker he already has at his disposal.

Since we're not winning big trophies, there's a whole political game to be played. It's like running for president every year in Madrid. But i agree with you... focus on the trophies. It seems like there is a bit of a transformation there to be honest. We're not signing ballon d'or winners. We're swooping up the young stars and building for a run of success. At least, that's my hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Makes sence on the long term, I like how Madrid has transformed it's "Galacticos" to young guys with a lot of talent who can succeed one day.

You don't have to go the Arsenal way, but at least in the short term politics Madrid handles. it works.

Neymar is the next "superstar" in the making and having him in your club will bring in massive merchandising. The side effect of also having a great player does not hurt. Fiorentino's all about the cash, anyways Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 pm

yh there is a huge marketing associated with real.

for example, Aguero is negotiating a new deal with Nike and Adidas. And i read that Adidas promised him more money than they offered along with bonuses if he signs for Real...

the difference with Arsenal is just that you guys sign players at an even younger age most of the time, so that they come to age within arsenal
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:28 pm

To get back to topic... i would certainly suggest breaking the bank on Benzema. He's just perfect for your system and very young. Only thing is that Wenger needs to be tough with him. He's a bit immature. He performs better with pressure than when everybody is kissing his rear end. Doesn't do very well with comfort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 pm

I agree completely. If you guys get Aguero, I can see Benzema being half in Arsenal already. We all know how Wenger loves his French guys, and for a quality buy like Benzema he would risk letting lose the cash. He already praised him greatly a few weeks ago, which is very rare in Wenger. Benzema also looked open to the deal so the only thing in the way is a potential Madrid forward signing.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 pm

If Wenger did break the bank for him I would be really surprised, but quite pleasantly surprised.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2