ErPupone
schnix
Patrick Bateman
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Juventus - AS Roma  Empty Juventus - AS Roma

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:01 am

After todays performance I'm really looking forward to this fixture.
I hope we can be the first team to beat Juve this season and no better place to do it than in their own backyard.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Juventus - AS Roma  Empty Re: Juventus - AS Roma

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:14 am

---------------------------------Stekelenburg--------------------------------------
-------------------------Juan---------------------Heinze--------------------------
------------------------------------Gago------------------------------------------
----Rosi------------------------------------------------------------------Taddei----
------------------------Greco/Simplicio-----------Pjanic----------------------------
--------------------------------------Totti-----------------------------------------
-----------------------Borini------------------------Lamela-------------------------
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:22 am

i have a really good feeling about this one

i'm afraid of borriello though. he's going to be really motivated to get one over us.... remember the first game he played against milan after he joined us....? that was scary
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:29 am

Not worried about Borriello at all,but one player I am worried about is Vucinic who will be out to gun us down . Evil or Very Mad

I think Marchisio and Pepe will be out for this match which is great news for us.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:37 am

oh right Mirko too =[

but i don't think he's as hungry as Marco to get one over us. we pretty much forced Marco out of the club. but Mirko had enough playing time here, we treated him well, and we didn't force him out
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:40 am

schnix wrote:oh right Mirko too =[color=red]n't think he's as hungry as Marco to get one over us. we pretty much forced Marco out of the club. but Mirko had enough playing time here, we treated him well, and we didn't force him out

Well we sort of did.The fans booing him in last few months with us did not help.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:45 am

well, at least we let him play, and we put him high up in the striker pecking order

borriello was probably 6th ranked striker behind totti, osvaldo, borini, lamela, and pjanic
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:48 am

schnix wrote:well, at least we let him play, and we put him high up in the striker pecking order

borriello was probably 6th ranked striker behind totti, osvaldo, borini, lamela, and pjanic

Fair point.But he did leave us for Juve most Roma fans in Rome really hate Juve.

But it wlll be interesting if he does score against us (Mirko) to see if he celebrates or not ,Borriello to.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:55 am

Vucinic would be a gigantic prick if he celebrates, because he never ever celebrates when he scores against Lecce.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:02 am

Marchisio?Pirlo?Vidal?

GAGOD :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:01 am

Speaking of Gago....it's touch and go if DDR's gonna make it back for this match. Commentator during the Cesena game said it didn't look like he'd make it so we should expect Gago to retain his spot at the base of midfield. He'll be up against a completely different midfield than the one he faced today so I sure hope he's up for it and something tells me he will be.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:31 am

McLewis wrote:Speaking of Gago....it's touch and go if DDR's gonna make it back for this match. Commentator during the Cesena game said it didn't look like he'd make it so we should expect Gago to retain his spot at the base of midfield. He'll be up against a completely different midfield than the one he faced today so I sure hope he's up for it and something tells me he will be.

He just has to keep it simple as he usually does. He was great yesterday, I think I only saw him miss one touch all game. He keeps our play flowing steadily, unlike Greco, for example, who could be a bit choppy on the ball. He has the experience and intelligence to play that deep lying midfield role, I'm fully confident in him facing Juventus or any other team for that matter. The question really is, who will he play alongside? I think Greco should start from the bench, given that he played a whole 90 minutes today and probably isn't up for another whole match right away, especially due the opposition. I would go with Simplicio or Viviani to start, along with Pjanic as usual. Lamela, Totti, Bojan up front for me and an untouched backline (Rosi, Juan, Heinze, Taddei).
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:36 am

Simplicio would be the safer option.Viviani hasn't really impressed me that much when he has played this season I'm afraid I have to say. Neutral
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Use Gago as a bargaining chip to get De Rossi hmm
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by schwarzgelb Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:00 pm

when will osvaldo be back? not for this one?
schwarzgelb
schwarzgelb
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Osvaldo is still at least a month away from coming back.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:59 am

We deserve this win...We should have beat Juve in the league to be honest. If it weren't for our lack of finish in front of goal.

I bet if Vucinic scores he celebrates. I'm not to worried about that though...our back 4 have been excellent recently...

Now, if they start Toni, then I'll begin to worry. Our set piece defending is still suspect...(see Lodi FK 2 weeks ago, watch Cesena's corners last game...)

Juve doesn't scare me in the least bit. We should be able to boss them on Tuesday...

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Juve record spurs on Roma
By Football Italia staff

Roma boss Luis Enrique has made it clear that his side are eager to end Juventus’ unbeaten start to the season in the Coppa Italia tomorrow.

The two teams meet at the Juventus Stadium on Tuesday and the Spaniard insists that the chance to beat the Old Lady is a massive motivating factor.

“It will be stimulating for us to take on a team who still haven’t been defeated this season,” the tactician stated on Monday.

“The League table shows that they have been consistent and we have not. At the beginning of the season we struggled.

“The Bianconeri showed in the League game here that they are winners. They came to Rome and played their game, we’ll have to do the same tomorrow in Turin.”

Roma started the season in problematic shape, but they’ve found some form at last having won their last four completed games in Serie A.

“We go into this game in good shape,” the former Barcelona B tactician continued.

“I think it’ll be a great match even if it will be difficult as they are unbeaten. We’ll play on the attack with intensity. We’ll just have to see what happens.

“It was tough at the start, but fortunately things improved. Now I’m starting to see a lot of things that I like.

“There has been a change of mentality. The results took a while to arrive, but they are here now. We’ll see if we can maintain this level. In 19 games, clubs will finish where they deserve.”

The Giallorossi are expected to be without Daniele De Rossi and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo in the quarter-final tie on Tuesday.

Roma (probable): Stekelenburg; Rosi, Juan, Heinze, Taddei; Simplicio, Gago, Pjanic; Totti; Lamela, Borini.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conte to make Coppa changes
By Football Italia staff

Antonio Conte has admitted that he’ll make alterations to his preferred starting XI in Juventus’ Coppa Italia tie against Roma.

Conte has rarely changed his line-up in Serie A since striking on a winning formula, but he will shake things up against the Giallorossi on Tuesday.

“We’ll certainly change something because of injuries, but also to give a chance to the players who have always been at our disposal since the beginning of the season,” he stated.

“We’ll aim to give an opportunity to those who deserve to play and those who already impressed against Bologna in the last round.”

Juventus will definitely be without Claudio Marchisio after the Italian international picked up a knee problem at Atalanta.

“I hope that Claudio recovers quickly. I need to replace him with someone of similar characteristics and Emanuele Giaccherini comes close in terms of quantity, quality and his ability to break from deep.

“There is also Luca Marrone who is growing a lot and who can replace Pirlo. Luca can play in all three midfield roles, Giaccherini can cover two because he obviously can’t be used as a deep playmaker.”

Roma are in a good spell of form and Conte has respect for the Stadio Olimpico outfit – even if he’s keen for a spot in the semi-finals.

“It’s a quarter-final game and we shouldn’t forget that Roma knocked us out at home last season. We’ll look to get through against a team who is doing really well.

“When we faced Roma in the League I already stated that I had been impressed by the work of Luis Enrique.

“They are a team who now have a more precise identity and an idea of how football should be played.”

Conte, meanwhile, confirmed that Dutch international Eljero Elia probably wouldn’t be available because of injury.

“The doctor has told me that Elia can’t play because he’s picked up a knee problem.

“I’ve spoken with Elia – he’s struggled to adapt which is understandable given that he has come from a foreign League and he doesn’t speak the language.

“A lot of players in the past have had similar issues like Platini or Zidane. I myself was in a coma for a year before I settled in the world of Juve…”

Elia, 24, cost €9m from Hamburg in the summer but he’s played just two games in Serie A for a total of 58 minutes.

Juventus (possible): Storari; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, De Ceglie; Pirlo, Vidal, Giaccherini; Krasic, Borriello, Del Piero.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Juve wants this win more than Roma because Conte & Co. have told many times that they think that this Cup run is as important as Serie A Cup and they intend to win it.And judging by this probable team for Juventus,they are going on win.Although i want to see Elia instead of Krasic.Maybe that will be sub in second half.Anyway i hope for good game because i was satisfied with las game in serie A and i'm looking forward to this match. I cant write good luck because i desperately want this win Smile
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:44 pm

we will see you on field tomorrow. only then we can know who want the win most Razz

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:28 am

narbeZ wrote:We deserve this win...We should have beat Juve in the league to be honest. If it weren't for our lack of finish in front of goal.

I bet if Vucinic scores he celebrates. I'm not to worried about that though...our back 4 have been excellent recently...

Now, if they start Toni, then I'll begin to worry. Our set piece defending is still suspect...(see Lodi FK 2 weeks ago, watch Cesena's corners last game...)

Juve doesn't scare me in the least bit. We should be able to boss them on Tuesday...

WTF??
Dude...I'm loving how Roma is playing but don't get ahead of yourself

Roma deserved to win?
De Rossi scored because of Vidal's mistake
Juve had about 65% Possession
Roma didn't even have 5 shots on target
ROMA COULDN'T EVEN SCORE A PENALTY!!!!!!!

"We should be able to boss them on Tuesday..."
Sigh... :facepalm:
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:25 am

Cotes wrote:
narbeZ wrote:We deserve this win...We should have beat Juve in the league to be honest. If it weren't for our lack of finish in front of goal.

WTF??

Roma deserved to win?

LOL

We had a a good few players missing for that fixture,De Rossi was playing as a CB ffs.We also had 2 golden chances towards the end of the game to win it.

and here are the match stats.

47% 53%

4 Shots on target 9

8 Shots wide 12

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:22 pm

The Fonz wrote:
Cotes wrote:

WTF??

Roma deserved to win?

LOL

We had a a good few players missing for that fixture,De Rossi was playing as a CB ffs.We also had 2 golden chances towards the end of the game to win it.

47% 53%

4 Shots on target 9

8 Shots wide 12

Yeah those stats are in our favor, but either way it was a veeeery close game. There were plenty of chances for both teams to win the game.

If tonight's match is even half as eventful as the last one, we're in for a great night Cool
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:38 pm

With our mooted line up ushering in a load of reserves in anticipation for the Udinese game Roma have a very good chance of victory in this game.

Storari
Barzagli-???-Chiellini
Lichtsteiner-Pirlo-Marrone-Estigaribbia
Giaccherini
Borriello-Del Piero

Bonucci in doubt, so we could be forced to field Prince Gouano or switch formation (and personnel) altogether.

drinking

:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:15 pm

The Fonz wrote:
Cotes wrote:

WTF??

Roma deserved to win?

LOL

47% 53%

4 Shots on target 9

8 Shots wide 12

Lol, I wonder where that 65% came from.

And De Rossi scored because of Vidal's mistake... your point? Vidal f***ed up, goal conceded, not an excuse.

And the penalty, so what? Let's not mention the name of a former Juventus player who missed a penalty in the final of a World Cup and lost... or Baggio

PS - Just in case you didn't get that last one, I was talking about Trezeguet.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next