Red Alert
El Chelsea Fuerte
rwo power
Ganso
pUsHa
the xcx
18 posters

Go down

How good is Chelseas youth production? Empty How good is Chelseas youth production?

Post by the xcx Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:29 pm

I know Terry is a product of Chelsea, but any other big names made themselves big? Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How good is Chelseas youth production? Empty Re: How good is Chelseas youth production?

Post by pUsHa Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:40 pm

The xcx wrote:I know Terry is a product of Chelsea, but any other big names made themselves big? Very Happy

Well McEachran is big ... he banged Emma Watson :lucas:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

How good is Chelseas youth production? Empty Re: How good is Chelseas youth production?

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:41 pm

lucas piazon :bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Ganso wrote:lucas piazon :bow:
Could be the next kaka?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:44 pm

The xcx wrote:
Could be the next kaka?
the next white pele :bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Well, the numerous guys that the HSV bought/loaned from Chelsea were steamrolled 1:5 by Dortmund yesterday...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:35 pm

I'm certain Bruma, Aanholt, McEachran, and Chalobah will make it into the starting 11. By next season I can see both McEachran & Aanholt being introduced if they do very well in their loan deals.

Then we have guys like Piazon and Feruz who are talented but too early to tell how their development will go through.

And others from our academy whom we recently released that have done well at their respective clubs are Borini at Roma and Tore at Hamburg. I guess you could also say Sinclair at Swansea to a lesser extent.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:39 pm

pUsHa wrote:
The xcx wrote:I know Terry is a product of Chelsea, but any other big names made themselves big? Very Happy

Well McEachran is big ... he banged Emma Watson :lucas:

:dance:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:43 pm

It is improving, ask again in 10 years.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Not Chelsea production. :coffee:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:46 pm

bruma is the real deal. also i havent really seen lucas piazon play but i hear he is very highly rated in terms of potential

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:33 pm

I don't trust anything said about Chelsea youth, no disrespect, it's got decent output but when Van Aanholt and Kakuta can't get games for relegation fodder after I've been hearing for so long about how amazing they are...
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:39 pm

For the last couple of years they have probably got the best academy in england, in terms of the amount of players they have representing england at youth level (u16s, u17s ect)
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Huth and Carlton Cole were part of Chelsea youth squad too
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:44 pm

justdoit_ wrote:I don't trust anything said about Chelsea youth, no disrespect, it's got decent output but when Van Aanholt and Kakuta can't get games for relegation fodder after I've been hearing for so long about how amazing they are...

Do you even know what happened with Aanholt at Wigan? He started 2-3 games in the beginning for them in which he played well, being named MOTM in one of the games. Then Martinez decided to drop him for some unknown reason (some sources reported of a training ground bust up) and didn't even make it into the squad for the rest of the season, which is why he was recalled. Now he's at Vitesse Arnhem and since the club and Chelsea have a good relationship, I'm sure they won't be stupid enough to treat him unjustly like Martinez did.

But you have a case for Kakuta. He was only rated highly when he came but at Bolton, Fulham and in the youth tournament when he played for France he was terrible. He has a work rate issue IMO. Now he's at Dijon and just played a very good game in the French Cup, so I hope that continues.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Since when his Piazon a Chelsea yoouth product?

isnt that the kid they paid millions for?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:08 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Since when his Piazon a Chelsea yoouth product?

isnt that the kid they paid millions for?

It's hard to define who's youth product a player is when they move clubs in their developing age.

The reason we paid 5m for him was because others were interested in him and that increased his price tag.

However, he has much developing left to do. He was very good for the youth team when he played, and he does OK in the reserves.

No where near ready first team football for any club.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:08 pm

in terms of taking young players and building them into quality players, the chelsea system works really well, although the only proof of that atm is the silverware the youth and reserve sides have won in a few years when these players are hitting ~25yo we'll see it better
although for me whats more important then producing youth players is their intergration into the first team (something SAF and Wenger do well) is terrible at chelsea, and the proof is there when you see some players not even make one apperance for the first team yet get sold to another club and instantly intergrated into their first team, although hopefuly AVB can fix this because there is alot of talent coming through chelsea atm
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:14 pm

LOL'd hard at Piazon being "Chelsea youth production"

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:17 pm

[quote="Lionel Messi"]LOL'd hard at Piazon being "Chelsea youth production"[/quote]

No one said he was. He's just a lad that plays for our youths and if he makes it he'll be known for having played at the youth level for us.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:21 pm

english_jewel wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:LOL'd hard at Piazon being "Chelsea youth production"

No one said he was. He's just a lad that plays for our youths and if he makes it he'll be known for having played at the youth level for us.
True hmm I just don't see why his name was brought up as we're talking about youth products not youth team players hmm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:52 pm

the simple answer here is. Not very good.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:10 pm

:bow: Borini :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:LOL'd hard at Piazon being "Chelsea youth production"

True hmm I just don't see why his name was brought up as we're talking about youth products not youth team players hmm

It wasn't even a Chelsea fan who brought his name up.

As was said earlier,I believe its actually quite good,just the integration of youth players into the first team has been handled quite poorly.The lack of stability on the management front certainly hasn't helped,but that looks to be a thing of the past as the hiring of AVB is imo a long-term move,so I have high hopes for the future.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down