Lex
aleumdance
EarlyPrototype
zizzle
RealGunner
89 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Barcelona vs Real Madrid [CDR] 2nd leg - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona vs Real Madrid [CDR] 2nd leg

Post by The Franchise Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 0:24

RealGunner wrote:"No idea aboutt he Cesc comment, he isnt doing anything which allows us to keep the ball better."

He creates space by dragging his markers with him, which clears space for xaviniesta n busquets, not a lot but better than having no space at all.

Not to mention Cesc can go wide or anywhere with his genius movement confusing opponents and that means more space to work the ball with

Pedro and Villa did that last season, Sanchez and Cesc this season.

No difference between last season and this in terms of our ability to keep the ball.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barcelona vs Real Madrid [CDR] 2nd leg - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona vs Real Madrid [CDR] 2nd leg

Post by Pedram Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 0:24

The Franchise wrote:
El Pipita wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
El Pipita wrote:Pepe playing in the midfield against Barcelona doesn't work anymore. it's expired.

Did it ever really work? In that Copa game he offically made 0 tackles on Messi, which is why I assume he was playing.

Yeah it worked for both games. he completely nullified Messi in the game which ended 1-1. in the Copa final he was one of the best Madrid players. however the idea is expired, with the addition of Cesc, Barca keeps the ball under the pressure much better than last year.

Nullified him without once winning the ball from him...not sure about that, but whatever, history now.

No idea aboutt he Cesc comment, he isnt doing anything which allows us to keep the ball better.

I think his aggressive display and constant pressing was enough to keep Messi quiet for the most of the game.

Cesc is just a plus, you can't say he isn't a better passer than your last year wingers (Villa and Pedro). he is helping Barca to keep the ball better, he certainly knows when to go for the killer ball or when to pass it back to midfielders.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 0:27

Cesc passing % is probably lower than Villa and Pedro last season, I know he gives away more cheap ones then those two did. Plus, its not his passing which helps us, you cant have 11 players passing. Its his movement off the ball which gives space, but as I said above, we had that last season, just with different players.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 0:39

InterMalia wrote:How about RM forfeit the game? It should at least be considered.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 0:48

The Franchise wrote:Cesc passing % is probably lower than Villa and Pedro last season, I know he gives away more cheap ones then those two did. Plus, its not his passing which helps us, you cant have 11 players passing. Its his movement off the ball which gives space, but as I said above, we had that last season, just with different players.

But i think Cesc knows better than Villa and Pedro how to maintain possession. he's wiser than them in term of passing, he doesn't try risky passes, his passes are more accurate. these factors all helps Barca to keep the ball for longer time.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:00

How can that be if his passing % is lower, it means he is giving the ball away more.

I understand your logic, but that is what you would expect to happen rather then what is actually happening.

Before the season you (and I) might of said these things, but on the pitch, that isnt what is happening.

He isnt in midfield, he is up front, trying to run in behind the defence, and when he does get the ball, he has been giving it away far more often then anyone expected.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:08

Pepe is not going to play. He is going to be a liability just by the amount of booing he will get, i mean, he has been affected by that whole situation, and frankly i dont think he is in a good place mentally to play.

I think Mourinho rested old man Carvalho this weekend precisely for the Clasico. Varane starting would be a shock. He is talented enough to play, but pressure is a fickle thing.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:10

I am happy when I see Carvalho, I cannot lie.

In maybe his first season he was competant, but now, he is too easy to get past, he has lost all the mobility which made him great.

Madrid dont have much choice though, its true.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:12

Well, it's true, he regressed a lot in a year.

Varane has the mobility and size to deal with anyone but a kid in a context like that can be tragic for us.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:16

Varane and Ramos as cbs would be best way to go into Camp Nou. Knowing Mou he will still play Albitroll tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:17

Talented kid, clearly, but this is really throwing him in at the deep end and in very difficult circumstances, both in terms of the game, the opponant and the mood surrounding the team.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:20

Exactly, i mean, i know he has maturity above his age and he is clearly in advance on his generation but it's just too much.

It sucks because Albiol would cost us a goal, and Carvalho might be a bit slower but if he stays deep and worry about reading the lines of passing he can do good.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:25

True, but if Carvalho stays deep he will have to take the whole back line with him or Barca will slide balls in behind to Sanchez, Pedro or Cesc all game.

If he brings the whole backline back, he has to bring the midfield with him, if not there is a huge space in between the lines for Alonso to cover vs Messi, he cant even cover small spaces vs Messi, let alone big ones.

If he brings the midfield back too, he had to bring the forward line back or Xavi and Busi will get time and space.

If he does all this then Madrid cant press and if they cant press Barca will have the ball the whole game and will have no reason to ever give it up.

Alot of things just for Carvalho.

More likely is Carvalho plays and he runs the risk of him getitng caught back with runners streaking through as the rest of the back 4 try and play offisde.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:28

To be fair, some runs will go through even if Pepe is playing.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:30

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Exactly, i mean, i know he has maturity above his age and he is clearly in advance on his generation but it's just too much.

It sucks because Albiol would cost us a goal, and Carvalho might be a bit slower but if he stays deep and worry about reading the lines of passing he can do good.
but don't you think its about time you prepare the "kid" for this type of games?
and lets be honest here are you or the majority of RM fans expecting to qualify tom? would you rather lose with an experienced full force RM squad, or with young bench players?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:31

The more interesting thing is what kind of antics are we gonna see in Camp Nou from both sides. Obv. cules hold a grudge to Pepe for "intentionally" crushing Messis hand, so yea its gonna get nasty.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:31

Also true. More chance of a recovery though with his speed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:33

Perfect time to play Barcelona, everyone is against Mourinho and his boys and no one is giving them a dog's chance of qualifying to the next round, I can only imagine the butt hurt in Catalonia and beyond if Madrid wins 3-2 and Pepe scores the winner, it will be one for the ages. Let's kick some Cule asses today HALA MADRID!!!!!!
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:33

buddytaller wrote:Perfect time to play Barcelona, everyone is against Mourinho and his boys and no one is giving them a dog's chance of qualifying to the next round, I can only imagine the butt hurt in Catalonia and beyond if Madrid wins 3-2 and Pepe scores the winner, it will be one for the ages. Let's kick some Cule asses today HALA MADRID!!!!!!
Im with you brah Thumbs up
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:36

baresi wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Exactly, i mean, i know he has maturity above his age and he is clearly in advance on his generation but it's just too much.

but don't you think its about time you prepare the "kid" for this type of games?
and lets be honest here are you or the majority of RM fans expecting to qualify tom? would you rather lose with an experienced full force RM squad, or with young bench players?

i would agree with you, but it's mourinho we are talking about.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:37

The xcx wrote:The more interesting thing is what kind of antics are we gonna see in Camp Nou from both sides. Obv. cules hold a grudge to Pepe for "intentionally" crushing Messis hand, so yea its gonna get nasty.

Thats the more intresting thing?

This kind of behaviour is what turns people away from the game, I for one hope to see none of it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 1:38

Iker and Ramos said this:
Casillas
"Before our league match against Athletic Bilbao our minds were set only on La Liga. On Monday, upon arriving at Valdebebas, we looked each other in the face and said we had to grind our teeth because the match against Barcelona won't be easy, but that we had to know we could win the tie. That's our intention. We'll travel to Barcelona thinking exclusively about reaching the next round of the Copa del Rey."

"We've all discussed it. Every player wants to participate in these great games. Real Madrid will give a good performance. We just have to showcase a winning mentality and believe we can turn the tie around despite how things were complicated for us in the first leg."

"I think I haven't seen such a great atmosphere on the team for a very long time. The atmosphere on the team is pleasant and excellent. Spirits are high. This is a young and healthy group of players. There is no reason to worry."

"The lead we have over Barcelona in the league means we're doing a good job in that competition and that we deserve to be leaders and defend the top spot of the table. We know all of our opponents will try their best against us, so we must be more united than ever before to win those games one by one."

"We believe tomorrow's match will be excellent. We want fans to be proud of Real Madrid and we want them to know we'll go to Barcelona thinking we can reach the next round. The players chosen by the coach will fight to the death to win the tie, regardless of who they are."

Ramos
"We are completely convinced of being able to turn the tie around. Real Madrid always come to mind when people think of impossible games. We're forced to do our best and try to reach the next round. Real Madrid's morale is rather good thanks to the good results we're earning this season."

"Making comebacks is integral to this institution and we're more united than ever. We're excited about reaching the next round. Real Madrid always think about making a comeback regardless of the score in the first leg. The team is united. Our numbers are there and we depend practically only on ourselves in every competition."

"As second team captain I can assure you the team is more united than ever and that this group of players is strong. That's what will bring us success. This is a young and excited squad, but there's always room for improvement. Our relationship with the coach has always been good. Mourinho is the ideal coach for this club and we're happy to learn from him. He is very experienced; he's won it all and is really bringing out the best in us so that each of us plays his best."

"We have a five-point cushion over Barcelona. That's an important fact and we have to value what we're doing well. We're competing with one of the best teams in the world, which inspires us to work harder and perfect our defetcs. This is a long season, but we're doing a good job."

"We must be convinced and excited to think Real Madrid are capable of anything. People think of Real Madrid when something is impossible. The fans know we will fight to the death on the pitch to try to turn the tie around."
:bow: take a bow cules.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 2:02

The Franchise wrote:
The xcx wrote:The more interesting thing is what kind of antics are we gonna see in Camp Nou from both sides. Obv. cules hold a grudge to Pepe for "intentionally" crushing Messis hand, so yea its gonna get nasty.

Thats the more intresting thing?

This kind of behaviour is what turns people away from the game, I for one hope to see none of it.

Like I said before, its from neutral perspective. I for one, think we can still win this, if we take our chances.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 2:24

Hala Madrid
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 2:31

I would give a solid 15% chance for Real to progress. It's ludicrous that some people are suggesting that Real forfeit or play the B teamafter a 1-goal deficit.

Anything can happen in football, just look at when Barca/Real drop points in the league. It doesn't matter if there are 20 shots on goal vs 2, even a team getting completely dominated can win with good finishing and lucky defending.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 3:12

Luck always play a big role in football games. it has never been in our side though but we can hope for it.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next