McLewis
JAY-Z
arigle
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
DiRocco
11 posters

Go down

Giuseppe Rossi good for us?  Empty Giuseppe Rossi good for us?

Post by DiRocco Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:01 pm

I was thinking that we might lack a certain something in attack. Lamela is starting off fairly well, Osvaldo also. However I cant really say the same for Bojan, or Borini for that matter. I admire Bojans work ethic and dedication however I cant help but feel he would be much more successfull back in La Liga and im not sure about his long term effectivness for us. Borini shows signs of being a good player, but will need a lot of work if he wants to carve out a spot on this team for the future. Im on the fence with him so far.

Now look at the fact Villareal are sitting in the relegation zone in La Liga right now. I really cant see Rossi staying with them for next season. Juve probably wont be moving for him again if you consider how many decent attackers they have already and they wont splash the cash for Rossi. Milan are overloaded with attacking options. Inter? Maybe they would make a move for him? Napoli just bough Eduardo Vargas and I think he will turn into a great talent and they have more pressing concerns then their attack right now (Mid, def). Those are pretty much the top sides that could move for Rossi in Italy I think. Since he has been injured for most of this year im sure we would be able to cut the price a certain amount... Maybe get him for 20-25 mil euros? Hes young, an Italy international, hes played in Spain and would be able to fit in with LE tactics quite well, and has excellent pace and finishing.

Maybe im jumping the gun on our attack, I just feel to compete at the high level we are eventually aiming for we need someone with a better eye for goal and a little more experience. Borini is not ready for the prime time quite yet and he might develop alongside Rossi quite well. Anywyas, im very interested to hear some of your opinions of that subject Very Happy
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Giuseppe Rossi good for us?  Empty Re: Giuseppe Rossi good for us?

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:48 am

Yeah why not.

We will need a creative forward once Totti decides to hangs up his boots and Rossi would be I won't say a great replacement because you can't really replace a player like Totti but he sure wouldn't be a bad option to have.

The only thing that would make this hard for us is the price.I simply can't see us forking out that amount of money on 1 player.Villarreal won't let him go for anything less that 25 M and with all the Arab money at football clubs today this makes it even more harder for us to compete for a player like Rossi's signature.

But who knows,maybe Uncle Tom will surprise us and splash the cash this summer. Smile
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:08 am

I still think that we're more likely to move for Nilmar, though I'm a big Rossi fan. He'll fit in a little better too imo.

I think once Totti retires, it'll be Pjanic to move up into that attacking midfield position, rather than moving Lamela there or buying someone like Rossi. He's played there this season already and has showed signs of being able to pull off that position effectively.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arigle Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:17 am

I wish.. him or Nilmar, I'm a big fan of both..

arigle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:24 am

Isn't Nilmar very injury prone though ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arigle Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:29 am

yeah but he's fast, can play on the wings, probably adapt VERY well to LE's game..

arigle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:52 pm

I dont like Nilmar TBH. I'd rather choose Rossi, + he's italian mixed with american blood.

I agree with Pupone on the Totti heir subject.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Meh, as an American, I'm lukewarm to Rossi the person, but a fan of Rossi the player.

Wouldn't mind either him or Nilmar, but a defender is foremost in my mind.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:12 am

McLewis wrote:Meh, as an American, I'm lukewarm to Rossi the person, but a fan of Rossi the player.

Another American bashing Rossi? Can we stop with this already? Enough hating on Rossi the person... his descion was Italy and final. He is Italian by birth, with Italian parents and heritage. Had even a dual right away when born. He started his career at 12 IN ITALY, grew in Italy, PLAYED FOR ALL OF ITALY'S U-DIVISIONS... including the olympic team.. so obviously playing for the Senior Italian national team over the US is a common sense choice. Nonetheless, it's not like he's dissing America, the guy follows more the American culture which is stupid on his behalf imo, over the Itlian.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:24 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
McLewis wrote:Meh, as an American, I'm lukewarm to Rossi the person, but a fan of Rossi the player.

Another American bashing Rossi? Can we stop with this already? Enough hating on Rossi the person... his descion was Italy and final. He is Italian by birth, with Italian parents and heritage. Had even a dual right away when born. He started his career at 12 IN ITALY, grew in Italy, PLAYED FOR ALL OF ITALY'S U-DIVISIONS... including the olympic team.. so obviously playing for the Senior Italian national team over the US is a common sense choice. Nonetheless, it's not like he's dissing America, the guy follows more the American culture which is stupid on his behalf imo, over the Itlian.

Not stupid, he could follow whatever culture he wants, even both which isn't a problem at all. A case like his is where we fall into a grey area when it comes to national teams. I would be stricter on regulations as to what country you can and can't play for, because I find that this freedom sometimes gets abused (see France's national team). However, if I were in his situation, I would've done the same, though it could feel as being a man with no country rather than a man with two. I may consider myself an Italian living in North America, but the Italian in Italy may see me as being a foreigner playing for his country, no matter what my name or first language is. This of course applies to all countries.

I understand that American's may be upset about Rossi choosing Italy, they did lose out on a fantastic striker. I support Rossi's decision, as long as he made it for the rights reasons. If he chose Italy because he would have a better shot at winning a World Cup and would get more recognition, then he is using the Italian national team which is something I cannot support. If he chose Italy because he could honestly say the words "I am Italian" and because he truly feels Italian, then he has all my support, as I could identify with that feeling.

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:34 am

The italians in St Leonard think their Italian, tbh I dont consider them.

Even with their stupid wannabe dictionary

http://www.italiandictionary.ca/

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:42 am

ErPupone wrote:

Not stupid, he could follow whatever culture he wants, even both which isn't a problem at all. A case like his is where we fall into a grey area when it comes to national teams. I would be stricter on regulations as to what country you can and can't play for, because I find that this freedom sometimes gets abused (see France's national team). However, if I were in his situation, I would've done the same, though it could feel as being a man with no country rather than a man with two. I may consider myself an Italian living in North America, but the Italian in Italy may see me as being a foreigner playing for his country, no matter what my name or first language is. This of course applies to all countries.

I understand that American's may be upset about Rossi choosing Italy, they did lose out on a fantastic striker. I support Rossi's decision, as long as he made it for the rights reasons. If he chose Italy because he would have a better shot at winning a World Cup and would get more recognition, then he is using the Italian national team which is something I cannot support. If he chose Italy because he could honestly say the words "I am Italian" and because he truly feels Italian, then he has all my support, as I could identify with that feeling.

lol it's pretty clear that's what he's doing.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:45 am

No, f**k that. I wouldn't want people like that to represent my national team, and notice that I'm using the word "my" because I really feel as a part of that country's culture (people there didn't believe me when I said I was Canadian lol). These days there are very few young Italians in North America that could actually be considered "Italian" and if Rossi feels like he's one of them, then there's no problem with him playing for our national team.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:15 am

Dont get me started with those douchebags. Some of them say... this like

French Guy: "Why do you wear pants with naked people"
Wannabe: "Because Im Italian"

In Italy nobody wears those pants. Here they think cuz u where it makes them one. LMAO

And yet that same person who says that, has never been to Italy before, knows balls about the country and can hardly speak it excpet knowing a few words.

Granted, it's good that they want to be one, but at the end of the day, their not. Mike I don't know you personally, so I won't sit here and say your one, or I'm one... as I am one. However, from what I can tell your not a wannbe at all.

It all comes down too.. not the mentality, but culture you go through.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:04 am

I hated Rossi too before I started following him on Twitter, he's a real cool dude

Also read the ESPN cover-article about him that ran pre-WC 2010...combined those two things totally changed my perspective
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 am

I don't like him beside the shot he has I see nothing WC in him tbh dunno why Sciacca always go rampage on me about that.

Torres would fit into this roma but I would love him in Juve
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:37 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

I hated Rossi too before I started following him on Twitter, he's a real cool dude

Also read the ESPN cover-article about him that ran pre-WC 2010...combined those two things totally changed my perspective

A prime example right here, typical American fan hating on him for no reason, but oddly find hims chill due to his twitter... completely absurd
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:44 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

A prime example right here, typical American fan hating on him for no reason, but oddly find hims chill due to his twitter... completely absurd

"For no reason"

lolderp

He plays a position we desperately need help in and he chose to play for the country of his parents rather than his own country because his country is mediocre and his parents country is a traditional power..."For no reason"

lulz
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:14 am

Imagine

Rosi, De Rossi & G Rossi in one team Laughing
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Knee-jerking the enth degree I see, Tony. Nice of you to pop up from that rock you crawled under while we were unbeaten for 8 games.

Never said I hated Rossi. I'm just indifferent to him as a person. There have been so many players in his same position that chose to play for us instead of their countries of heritage. I feel exactly like this with Michael Hoyos as well (born in California and chose to represent Argentina) and yet there are far more Americans that think much worse of Rossi than me just being wholly indifferent to him.

So stop putting words in my mouth and knee-jerking at the same time.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:13 pm

am I the only1 who thinks that Torres is ideal for this Roma side ? and Juve ?

I would love to have him in Juve. Even thou he is more suited to this Roma
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:37 pm

For 20 mill a good deal,but eventhough he is far from world class he is still better than osvaldo.

Nilmar is a waste of space,wont take him in our academy. Very Happy
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:07 pm

I like Osvaldo...Not sure he fits with what Enrique is trying to do any more than Ibra fit in with Barca, but I still think he's a good player none the less
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Osvaldo's movement has been very welcome. He's better on the ball than some of our other past prima punti like Borriello and Toni. He's got that same battling mentality when up against aggressive CBs and is quite acrobatic for a guy his size. What separates him ultimately from the others is his ability to link up intelligently with Totti, Pjanic and Lamela however. If he can perfect this with those 3, then we'll truly have a fearsome forward line.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Adit wrote:For 20 mill a good deal,but eventhough he is far from world class he is still better than osvaldo.

Nilmar is a waste of space,wont take him in our academy. Very Happy

he will hit form in new club AVB is idiot ( pardon me ) for me he is not the right coach for Chelsea and the main pain in that team.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum