Great Leader Sprucenuce
jibers
billionmillion
Ganso
Babun
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How highly do you rate Rivaldo? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Rivaldo?

Post by Vibe Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:23 pm

My top 5 favorite player of all time,what a GOAT.

Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Rivaldo? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Rivaldo?

Post by Doc Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:30 pm

One interesting fact about Rivaldo is that his transfer from Deportivo to Barcelona I believe was the 1st time in Spain that a club activated the minimum release clause (I think the figure was around 25 million, not sure if it is in Euros or Pounds).

He was worth every single penny honestly. He had a left foot that would make RvP blush a little and that says a lot and was ridiculously strong on the ball. He used to simulate injury quite a bit though and was pretty much one of the best complainers in La Liga.

I know most of us remember his hattrick against Valencia but 2 matches really stuck out for me was his almost hattrick against Real Madrid (The match winner was incorrectly ruled out) and his utter destruction of Roberto Carlos in a 3-0 win for the Azulgrana.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Aensensen wrote:He was really exciting to watch, and he was Barca's cornerstone in the early 2000's. Kluivert, Saviola, Rivaldo, Cocu, De Boer, Enrique, Overmars...

I wonder if the post 2006 Barca fans even saw them play together. I liked Barca back then more than today.

Dont take this the wrong way, but of course you liked us more back then. We wasnt as good.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:09 pm

one of the best .... class !! I loved him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:16 pm

He was average at Milan , tho ... i guess it comes with the curse of playing like sh1t if you come for free to Milan ... and the number 11 curse too ... Ibra broke it tho :coffee:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm

He was in decline by the time he got to you.

At 31, his best days were gone.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 pm

pUsHa wrote:He was average at Milan , tho ... i guess it comes with the curse of playing like sh1t if you come for free to Milan ... and the number 11 curse too ... Ibra broke it tho :coffee:

The Franchise wrote:He was in decline by the time he got to you.

It don't see that the problem was from him I think it was for not offered chances. He was class thou

when he moved to greece fom Milan he became the best player who played in their league and lets be honest they have talents there and players who played.

Simply he wasn't played regulalry there
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyzar Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 pm

I always rated him higher than Zidane smoking
Keyzar
Keyzar
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:38 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
pUsHa wrote:He was average at Milan , tho ... i guess it comes with the curse of playing like sh1t if you come for free to Milan ... and the number 11 curse too ... Ibra broke it tho :coffee:

It don't see that the problem was from him I think it was for not offered chances. He was class thou

when he moved to greece fom Milan he became the best player who played in their league and lets be honest they have talents there and players who played.

Well I think its both.

When he went to Milan, he and Rui Costa played the same position. So he had to share.

But at 31, thats not surprising. The Rivaldo of 2 seasons before that would of been an unquestionable starter.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Serious question.....did he start the face clutching thing?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:47 pm

No, he just made it really famous. Face clutching was going in La Liga (or football in general) long before...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Yea....that dive is so well known and people made such a big deal out of it.

Would be just a normal dive by today's standards.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Are you serious?

The ball hit his knees and he went down holding his face. It was a diving masterpiece.

That dive is probably Sergio Biscuits' White Whale.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:59 pm

High footballing I.Q that.

Instantly knew the ref wouldnt of known where it actually hit him, got the red.

Intelligence.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:04 pm

The Franchise wrote:High footballing I.Q that.

Intelligence.

Is that dive a thing to praise !? That's disgracefulness to the unlimited to be honest ... it's beating the Puyol dive in 06 an Biscuits "let's check if the referee is looking " .
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:06 pm

A genius of a player.One of the game's true greats and I rate him very very highly.My favorite player before Ballack and Xavi came on the scene.
Guy was a great goalscorer and a scorer of great goals.
Sometimes used to carry us on his back.Had a magic wand of a left foot.
There was literally nothing he couldnt do with it.
Overhead volleys,bicycle kicks,long range shots,freekicks,everything.
Also believe that he is one of the greatest shooters of all time.
Great,great player and I rate him higher than both Ronnie and Zidane.
Right now we would really do with his shooting ability from distance.
If Messi had his long range shots,he would be easily be the GOAT.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:08 pm

pUsHa wrote:
The Franchise wrote:High footballing I.Q that.

Intelligence.

Is that dive a thing to praise !? That's disgracefulness to the unlimited to be honest ... it's beating the Puyol dive in 06 an Biscuits "let's check if the referee is looking " .

Calm down, im playing.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:11 pm

I didn't get to see him in his prime. Last season with Barca and his Milan days are what I remember him most for.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Zealous wrote:Are you serious?

The ball hit his knees and he went down holding his face. It was a diving masterpiece.

That dive is probably Sergio Biscuits' White Whale.

It was the Mona Lisa of simulation acts. The Sistine Chapel of diving. As embarrassing and downright disgraceful as it was, it showed a real sense of cunning and opportunistic ways about Rivaldo. I laughed my ass off when I saw it but in the end, Rivaldo got exactly what he wanted from it. Great player in every sense really...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Aensensen wrote:He was really exciting to watch, and he was Barca's cornerstone in the early 2000's. Kluivert, Saviola, Rivaldo, Cocu, De Boer, Enrique, Overmars...

I wonder if the post 2006 Barca fans even saw them play together. I liked Barca back then more than today.

billy_gr wrote:I follow Barca from the late 90’s - early 00’s.
Kluivert was my favourite player back then

Guys, what defenders did we have at the time, or DM apart from Cocu? Its always puzzling to know that the side did so poorly for so many years with those players around.... and who were the managers? I vividly remember watch it from time to time, Figo left for Real, and Barca went downhill....

Doc wrote:One interesting fact about Rivaldo is that his transfer from Deportivo to Barcelona I believe was the 1st time in Spain that a club activated the minimum release clause (I think the figure was around 25 million, not sure if it is in Euros or Pounds).

He was worth every single penny honestly. He had a left foot that would make RvP blush a little and that says a lot and was ridiculously strong on the ball. He used to simulate injury quite a bit though and was pretty much one of the best complainers in La Liga.

I know most of us remember his hattrick against Valencia but 2 matches really stuck out for me was his almost hattrick against Real Madrid (The match winner was incorrectly ruled out) and his utter destruction of Roberto Carlos in a 3-0 win for the Azulgrana.

DeviAngel wrote:

What was the manager of Milan? Ancelotti? I remember reading the news often about it...it was a bad move for him really...and he went from the Peak of Europe to Asian pretty damn fast, it was a shame...

And seems like Rivaldo also is one of the best at acting Laughing
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:36 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:

billy_gr wrote:I follow Barca from the late 90’s - early 00’s.
Kluivert was my favourite player back then

Guys, what defenders did we have at the time, or DM apart from Cocu? Its always puzzling to know that the side did so poorly for so many years with those players around.... and who were the managers? I vividly remember watch it from time to time, Figo left for Real, and Barca went downhill....

Doc wrote:One interesting fact about Rivaldo is that his transfer from Deportivo to Barcelona I believe was the 1st time in Spain that a club activated the minimum release clause (I think the figure was around 25 million, not sure if it is in Euros or Pounds).

DeviAngel wrote:

A common line up depending on what season we talking about might be.

What was the manager of Milan? Ancelotti? I remember reading the news often about it...it was a bad move for him really...and he went from the Peak of Europe to Asian pretty damn fast, it was a shame...

And seems like Rivaldo also is one of the best at acting Laughing

Random line up, maybe 02 or something.

----------------------Bonano-----------------

Reiziger---Abelardo----De Boer-----Sergi

-------------Xavi-------Cocu------

-------------------Rivaldo------------------

Luis Enrique-----------------------Overmars

-----------------Kluivert---------------------

But there have been many other players, Guardiola instead of Xavi previous seasons, Puyol at rightback, Abelardo at rightback even earlier with Blanc and Fernando Couto at centerback. Then throw in other names, Garbi, Luis Garcia, Simao, Zendan, Christinvaal and I could go on and on.

Coaches we had Van Gaal,Rexach, Antic, Booby Robson..again, it depends what season specifically we are talking about.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2