'I want to win Serie A and the Champions League' - Martin Caceres keen to taste success at Juventus

+7
elm_baraja_shaman
Mr Nick09
Tomwin Lannister
cale1991
dronte
DeviAngel
lucianomoggi
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'I want to win Serie A and the Champions League' - Martin Caceres keen to taste success at Juventus - Page 2 Empty Re: 'I want to win Serie A and the Champions League' - Martin Caceres keen to taste success at Juventus

Post by Lynx100 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:18

the difference with a 5-3-2 compared to a 4-3-3 is the obvious lack of a 3rd forward.

Our frailties this season havent been in the defensive line (except whenever Bonucci has the ball - but thats a diff debate!). its been the inability of our forwards to convert the numberous goalscoring opportunities. We need all the help we can get up front right now...

With that in mind, why pull OUT a forward and replace him with another defender or defensive player in a 5-3-2 as you say? Doesnt make sense to me at all..

Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

'I want to win Serie A and the Champions League' - Martin Caceres keen to taste success at Juventus - Page 2 Empty Re: 'I want to win Serie A and the Champions League' - Martin Caceres keen to taste success at Juventus

Post by Lynx100 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:21

we should either be looking to add a ruthlessness/clinicalness to our attack to boost our our goal opportunities:goal scored ratio OR be creating RIDICULOUS amounts MORE chances so that with our current ratio, we will be scoring more goals.

Having Lich in a 5-3-2 wont be addressing that main problem we have right now
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:28

It IS addressing that problem exactly, cause now there is 2 dedicated strikers ready to increase the goals per chance ratio.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:36

Its going to be interesting to see where he plays...

I could see him being used as a utility player, rotating with CB, RB, or LB depending on the formation, whos injured, who needs a rest.

I think he would also do very well in a 3 man backline.

For some reason I dont like the idea of him being in the center of a 4 man back line too much tho
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:37

how is 2 better than 3? scratch

With 2 centre forwards will then be relying on the WBs to provide crosses into the box. And with WBs which dont really have much of an attacking knowhow (Licht), I cant see their service being any better than having 2 wide forwards who know how to create plays.

Last edited by Lynx100 on Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:42; edited 1 time in total
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:38

The_ItalianFool wrote:Its going to be interesting to see where he plays...

I could see him being used as a utility player, rotating with CB, RB, or LB depending on the formation, whos injured, who needs a rest.

I think he would also do very well in a 3 man backline.

For some reason I dont like the idea of him being in the center of a 4 man back line too much tho

I think the best part of Caceras is that he looks fairly comfortable in all positions. I think he would rotate quite well with any of the defenders.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:40

It wont be a problem with Barzagli by his side but i also think he will do great in the 3 man defense and i think that is where he will play the most
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:42

Agreed.

On the Licht discussion, I think he excels at RB in the 3-5-2.

Yeah, his crosses arent always great(although ive seen some great ones which gives me hope that his consistency will go up), Ill give you that. BUT, his stamina and positioning is truly what is needed here. Getting back to help the 3 on counter attacks and when we dont have possession in genereal is the most vital part of that positions job if you ask me. I guess Caceres would get that done as well, but is his crosses much better? I dont really think so.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:45

He is very much like Licht on the right both good and bad almost the same so he would do good there as well.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:50

sure noone can fault Licht when we dont have the ball. hes great.

The problem really comes becuase hes wasteful with the ball in the final 3rd.

Caceras actually does have better delivery into the box. hes got a better shot than Lich too. So in an attacking sense, I do think Caceras is better. I think that Lich has better work rate. Both can be equally hot headed.

At the end of the day, time will tell. Conte wil see whats right. My money is on a 4 man defensive line to continue though.

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2