David Pizarro claims he rejected Juventus for Manchester City because of Roberto Mancini

Go down

David Pizarro claims he rejected Juventus for Manchester City because of Roberto Mancini Empty David Pizarro claims he rejected Juventus for Manchester City because of Roberto Mancini

Post by DeviAngel Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:16 pm

David Pizarro has revealed he turned down a move to Serie A leaders Juventus in favour of a loan switch to Manchester City.

The 32-year-old was announced as a Blues player on transfer deadline day last month and could make his first appearance against Fulham on Saturday.

The attacking midfielder, who will spend the rest of the season on loan at the Etihad Stadium, admitted it was the presence of boss Robert Mancini which swayed his decision and led him to join the Citizens.

“It was a surprise for me because it was done pretty quickly,” the playmaker revealed to reporters via an interpreter on Friday.

“Of course Mr Mancini played a big part in this. I already had quite an advanced agreement with Juventus but when they told me about Manchester City's concrete interest, I liked the idea more.”

Earlier on Friday Mancini admitted that acquiring the former Chile international for the rest of the season could be incredibly helpful as the club target their first ever Premier League title.

“We had this problem with some players away, and now we start to play every three days with the Europa League,” Mancini said.

“We had this chance with David on loan from Roma and it was good for us because I know the player and I think that could be useful for us in the next four months.”

Pizarro played for the Italian coach at Inter and waxed lyrical about his ability to get the best out of players.

He added: “I have worked with him already - I think his personality and his leadership are the main strengths.

“I remember when he arrived at Inter.

“They hadn't won for so many years but with his input we stabilised and from then on Inter went on to trophies.”

The Chilean is one of a number of players who have made the move from Serie A to the Premier League but City will be wary of recent flops in the form of Alberto Aquilani and Andriy Shevchenko.

Pizarro was positive, however, that he will thrive: “I feel ready. The fact Man City are trying to win the league is something I like a lot.

“I know it is a different league and the referees tend to see the game differently, so I know it is 90 minutes full on.

“I am sure that from my years playing at the highest level in Italy and in European competitions give me enough experience to be able to contribute.

“It is a moment where it is important for Manchester City so I need to adapt very quickly, but I think I have got the experience to do that.”

==========

So its not marotta always ... Many many moves are behind scenes and we'll never get to know what happened
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum