Raptorgunner
lenear1030
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sushi Master
Vibe
14 posters

Go down

"Van Persie hasn't even scored more than 11 goals per season" threads Empty "Van Persie hasn't even scored more than 11 goals per season" threads

Post by Vibe Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Can we find them please?Who said that... :lol!:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

"Van Persie hasn't even scored more than 11 goals per season" threads Empty Re: "Van Persie hasn't even scored more than 11 goals per season" threads

Post by Sushi Master Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:37 pm

IIRC, it was a lot of ManU butthurt manU fans who said RVP ain't even close to Rooney. Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

"Van Persie hasn't even scored more than 11 goals per season" threads Empty Re: "Van Persie hasn't even scored more than 11 goals per season" threads

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Poor Mans Demba-lition Bro's tbf
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:39 pm

couldve very well been me

I've definitely said similar things about Tevez and Quagliarella so I wouldnt be surprised hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Premier League related threads immediate takeoff :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Poor Mans Demba-lition Bro's tbf

this. vP just doesn't measure up to the awesomeness. Newcastle to finish above arsenal this season
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:56 pm

RVP has only scored 8 goals in 6 games in 2012. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:04 pm

aford92 wrote:It's not often I agree with a Real fan but he's right, RVP is ridiculously overrated. Take away last season and his best ever season is 11 league goals. 11! Even Marlon Harewood beats that! He plays for a team that creates so many chances, he should score so many more goals. It's only Arsenal fans that think he's world class. IMO Arsenal missed a trick by signing a striker this transfer window. What's his record this season so far? 1 in 4, Leon Best has got 2 in 3 ffs.

Aford :bow:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:17 pm

am i missing something? i don't see what's funny about his quote. he's right about everything except possibly predicting bad form this season
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm

andiii wrote:he's right
Except he's not

2006-07 = 13 goals and 8 assists

2008-09 = 20 goals and 15 assists

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm

So you are saying van Persie ain't world class?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Wasnt meant to be funny ..I posted it cuz it fits the thread title , that is all...

Apologize if Aford or anyone else are offended by it Smile
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:21 pm

andiii wrote:am i missing something? i don't see what's funny about his quote. he's right about everything except possibly predicting bad form this season

injuries my friend injuries, go and wikipedia and look at his goals to game ratio, then you'll understand why arsenal fans always called him world class. its because whenever he did play, he was fantastic.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:22 pm

I think Aford meant league goals, beside hes a toon fan so leave him alone Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:24 pm

I think after a 27 overall goal season, and a currently 29 goal (and counting) season we can write off that stereotype.

But yeah, he's a Toon so I have to be jelly Sad
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:25 pm

I miss the Robin Van Post of old!

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Doesn't score stunners anymore Sad

Although dat everton goal
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:03 pm

You can't have both RG, it's either truck loads of tap ins or 5 wonder goals a season... and they all count. lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:07 pm

I think RVP has done what Rooney did in that 40 goal season.

He had traded all around play for more goals, less involved in the overall play and getting himself in positions to get easy goals.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:I think RVP has done what Rooney did in that 40 goal season.

He had traded all around play for more goals, less involved in the overall play and getting himself in positions to get easy goals.

Except RvP does get involved in the overall play....
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:58 pm

not as much as he did last few seasons though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I think RVP has done what Rooney did in that 40 goal season.

Except RvP does get involved in the overall play....

Nothing like as much as he used to.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Lex wrote:
andiii wrote:he's right
Except he's not

2006-07 = 13 goals and 8 assists

2008-09 = 20 goals and 15 assists

no, those are his overall goals. he said league goals

but the injury thing is a valid point
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm

I made a thread about it on the old forums a few seasons ago, and that was because all the Arsenal fans were going on about how he was going to finish as top scorer and they were going to win the league. So I politely reminded them that at the time his best ever season was 11 league goals. I got what I saw as an unfair amount of hate, considering at that time it was a fact!

I will admit now though that he is in great form and one of the best strikers in the world at the minute. However, it's just a matter of time before he gets injured again. banana
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum