Parma open door for Del Piero

Go down

Parma open door for Del Piero  Empty Parma open door for Del Piero

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi has invited Alessandro Del Piero to the Stadio Tardini once he leaves Juventus.

The captain will quit the Turin giants in the summer after his contract comes to an end with the Old Lady.

He is expected to play on, with a move abroad the most likely solution, but Ghirardi says he’d welcome him at his club.

“I hope that Del Piero can stay in Italian football,” Ghirardi told Tuttosport on Tuesday. “He’s a great man as well as being a great player.

“If he wanted to continue his career here in Italy then he would find a door open for him at Parma.”

Del Piero, now 37, joined La Vecchia Signora in 1993 after catching the eye while in Serie B with Padova.

Meanwhile, replacing Del Piero in Turin next season could be Sebastian Giovinco – the Parma star who is part-owned by both clubs.

“There is an open co-ownership deal,” Ghirardi continued. “At the end of the season we will evaluate the desires of the clubs and the player.”

The Tardini chief was also questioned on whispers that Parma’s sporting director Pietro Leonardi is wanted by Fiorentina.

“These rumours are something to be proud of as it shows he is doing a good job,” continued the owner.

“As far as I am aware they are just voices. If that wasn’t the case then I would like to be informed directly. A telephone call between gentlemen would be welcomed.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum