M99
BiasedMilanFan3
Rossoneri Ninja
Il Diavolo
8 posters

Go down

Gattuso willing to play for free Empty Gattuso willing to play for free

Post by Il Diavolo Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:38 am

Gennaro Gattuso has dismissed the suggestion that he might never return from the eye problems which have sidelined him since the start of the season and revealed that he would be willing to play for free in order to continue playing for AC Milan.

The combative midfielder was diagnosed with diplopia in his left eye after colliding with team-mate Alessandro Nesta during the Rossoneri's Serie A clash with Lazio at San Siro back in September, but it was hoped that he would return to action in January.

However, it emerged after Milan's trip to Dubai during the winter break that Gattuso is now suffering from ocular myasthenia, a disease of the neuromuscular junction brought on a by a form of influenza which he had contracted during the visit to the United Arab Emirates.

The most recent setback sparked fears that Gattuso might be forced to retire from the game but the former Italy international insists that he is nearing a return to action.

"I'm doing a little better and I hope to start doing physical work again in within a week," he told Milan Channel.

"Right now, I miss football. If it were up to me, I'd return to the field immediately. But I will wait to see what the doctors say.

"My condition is strange and difficult to beat. But those that know me know that I live for football.

"At 34, I still haven't thought about quitting; I miss the adrenaline of the game so much.

"I am also willing to play for free. I said it to [Milan CEO] Adriano Galliani: it's not a question of money; I want to go back to doing what I love."

Gattuso pointed out that it simply is not in his character to stop fighting and that the prospect of lining out at San Siro once more is a tremendous source of motivation for him.

"I have founded my whole career on the desire to fight and to improve every day with hard work, so I never give up," he declared.

"I get many letters and emails of affection; they appreciate the player and the man.

"I have never denied the love I have for this shirt and these fans. I hope I can soon return to the sound of the fans screaming my name from the stands."

Gattuso has made over 300 Serie A appearances for Milan since joining the club from Salernitana in 1999.

This man's passion and determination is endless! :bow:
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Gattuso willing to play for free Empty Re: Gattuso willing to play for free

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 am

I expected no less.. Il Grande Gattuso!
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:11 am

I remember when Onyewu did this

I shall award Gattuso with 10 BMF3 points for this
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Legend Gattuso willing to play for free 1499845164 Gattuso willing to play for free 1499845164 Gattuso willing to play for free 1499845164 Gattuso willing to play for free 1499845164 Gattuso willing to play for free 1499845164 Gattuso willing to play for free 1499845164 Gattuso willing to play for free 1499845164 Gattuso willing to play for free 1499845164 Gattuso willing to play for free 1499845164

Few players in football has so much passion as this warrior.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Legend always admired his determination and fighting spirit !

:bow:
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:33 am

This is why he's still our real captain whenever he's on the pitch. <3 Ringhio.

Absolute boss.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:59 am

ildiavoliforeva wrote:
Gennaro Gattuso has dismissed the suggestion that he might never return from the eye problems which have sidelined him since the start of the season and revealed that he would be willing to play for free in order to continue playing for AC Milan.

The combative midfielder was diagnosed with diplopia in his left eye after colliding with team-mate Alessandro Nesta during the Rossoneri's Serie A clash with Lazio at San Siro back in September, but it was hoped that he would return to action in January.

However, it emerged after Milan's trip to Dubai during the winter break that Gattuso is now suffering from ocular myasthenia, a disease of the neuromuscular junction brought on a by a form of influenza which he had contracted during the visit to the United Arab Emirates.

The most recent setback sparked fears that Gattuso might be forced to retire from the game but the former Italy international insists that he is nearing a return to action.

"I'm doing a little better and I hope to start doing physical work again in within a week," he told Milan Channel.

"Right now, I miss football. If it were up to me, I'd return to the field immediately. But I will wait to see what the doctors say.

"My condition is strange and difficult to beat. But those that know me know that I live for football.

"At 34, I still haven't thought about quitting; I miss the adrenaline of the game so much.

"I am also willing to play for free. I said it to [Milan CEO] Adriano Galliani: it's not a question of money; I want to go back to doing what I love."

Gattuso pointed out that it simply is not in his character to stop fighting and that the prospect of lining out at San Siro once more is a tremendous source of motivation for him.

"I have founded my whole career on the desire to fight and to improve every day with hard work, so I never give up," he declared.

"I get many letters and emails of affection; they appreciate the player and the man.

"I have never denied the love I have for this shirt and these fans. I hope I can soon return to the sound of the fans screaming my name from the stands."

Gattuso has made over 300 Serie A appearances for Milan since joining the club from Salernitana in 1999.

This man's passion and determination is endless! :bow:

Just to make it clear, Gattuso clashed with Nest due to the diplopia, and it was not the clash that caused it.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:00 am

:bow:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite