Hello! (Interesting Story about Barca)

4 posters

Go down

Hello! (Interesting Story about Barca) Empty Hello! (Interesting Story about Barca)

Post by BizzBon3 Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been a long time lurker of this forum since the days it was on goal.com. You guys have some of the most knowledgeable posters I have seen on the net. I have played soccer in LA,Ca since I was 7 years old and I enjoy getting into conversation with knowledgeable fans and not just bandwagoner fans. I have loved Barcelona since I was 7. I remember when I went to Barcelona for the first time when I was 15. I got to see a champions league gamefor the 05/06 winning season in the Camp Nou vs Werder Bremen. Barca won 2-1 with a free kick goal from Ronaldinho. I began to read the topic about an interesting story about playing against Barcelona. When I went to Barcelona I played against many of the 1st teamers today. Here is a link to our club website with the players we played against: http://www.barcelonausa.com/page/show/117364-articles If you look at the picture with both teams, I am the goalkeeper in the Blue Nike Jersey. It was an unforgettable experience and I have been in love ever since!
BizzBon3
BizzBon3
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Hello! (Interesting Story about Barca) Empty Re: Hello! (Interesting Story about Barca)

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Cool story man, I bet its' one you're going to be telling your grandkids about, "I once played against Ballon D'Or winner Thiago Alcantara". But that's not your best picture Razz

Anyways thanks for joining, I hope you stay around Smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hello! (Interesting Story about Barca) Empty Re: Hello! (Interesting Story about Barca)

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Nice! You look a little bit like Pedro in that picture? Are you from mexican heritage?

What was the result of the game? How did you feel playing against them? Tell us more please! I can't recognize all the players the website mentions, is Thiago the one at the right?

I think that I already visited that website... perhaps a friend of yours already explained us this in this forum or the old one? I really feel someone explained us this already.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Result was 3-0. Alex, Vela and Tello.

Got a good memory. Wink
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Also, tell us, what's the story of this USA academy called Barcelona USA. Who founded it? Why the Barça reference? How is that they use the barça methodology? How they get quality players? Do you pay to get in the academy...? Is there an official link with Barça? I'm very curious about it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Collblanc wrote:Result was 3-0. Alex, Vela and Tello.

Got a good memory. Wink

How you know that?

Ets català??
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzBon3 Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 pm

free_cat wrote:Also, tell us, what's the story of this USA academy called Barcelona USA. Who founded it? Why the Barça reference? How is that they use the barça methodology? How they get quality players? Do you pay to get in the academy...? Is there an official link with Barça? I'm very curious about it.

The academy was founded in 2005 (Although the club was founded in 1999 in Los Angeles, but wasn't yet affiliated with Barca). Our trip to Barcelona was our official visit. We became a Penya of FC Barcelona and an official FCB Escola. The founder goes by the name of Paul Walker (Not the actor hahaha) and he fell in love with the team during this period. He played college basketball and never once had played soccer in his life. He fell in love with Rivaldo during this time. The coaches for this club have a trip to Barcelona every Spring of every year and they have classes from the coaches in Barcelona. Oscar Garcia has given them a few. They try to implement this methodology to our young players here in the LA area. The kids are recruited at a young age, just like in Barcelona from areas all over Los Angeles.

I played for this club up from U-9 all the way up to U-19, then I left to play college soccer.
BizzBon3
BizzBon3
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzBon3 Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Collblanc wrote:Result was 3-0. Alex, Vela and Tello.

Got a good memory. Wink

How do you know it was 3-0? that was the very score. If it wasn't for an outstanding game I had that day it could of been 10-0! hahaha
BizzBon3
BizzBon3
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzBon3 Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:57 pm

free_cat wrote:Nice! You look a little bit like Pedro in that picture? Are you from mexican heritage?

What was the result of the game? How did you feel playing against them? Tell us more please! I can't recognize all the players the website mentions, is Thiago the one at the right?

I think that I already visited that website... perhaps a friend of yours already explained us this in this forum or the old one? I really feel someone explained us this already.

Playing against them was a nightmare, as we never saw the ball! hahahaha We were the best team in the U.S. during that time as we had won the National tournament for our age group, but they were just from another planet! hahaha
I am Mexican/Native American/ and American. Yes Thiago is at the right. Gai Assulin is on the far left. and I dont remember the rest.
BizzBon3
BizzBon3
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Nice! thanks four your answers! Did you pay to be in the academy? Barça puts money there?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzBon3 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 pm

free_cat wrote:Nice! thanks four your answers! Did you pay to be in the academy? Barça puts money there?

No problem! hahaha ummm The only paying my family had to do were for tournaments. They paid training and traveling for me. I dont know if Barca puts money in to it, but I know we get uniforms and training gear every year from them.

P.S. Free Cat are you Catalan?
BizzBon3
BizzBon3
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Yes, I'm catalan, 50% from Barcelona. Razz
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzBon3 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:13 pm

That is great! hahaha I want to go bad so bad! I am planning on doing it in the next few years!
BizzBon3
BizzBon3
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 pm

free_cat wrote:Nice! thanks four your answers! Did you pay to be in the academy? Barça puts money there?

Yes; it is part of making soccer bigger in the States and therefore making people aware of the great FC Barcelona (equals more merchandising sales). There are few other 'academy' clubs - I've seen from NY, El Paso and Las Vegas. Quite a fun project because soccer should be bigger in the States.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzBon3 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Collblanc wrote:

Yes; it is part of making soccer bigger in the States and therefore making people aware of the great FC Barcelona (equals more merchandising sales). There are few other 'academy' clubs - I've seen from NY, El Paso and Las Vegas. Quite a fun project because soccer should be bigger in the States.

Sorry I am new here and have no idea who you are. lol Who are you if you dont mind me asking?
BizzBon3
BizzBon3
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 pm

The Collblanc mistery....
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:39 pm

I think he's likelier to respond to such a question by PM than publicly, imo. I would, anyway.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BizzBon3 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think he's likelier to respond to such a question by PM than publicly, imo. I would, anyway.

Words of wisdom! Thanks!
BizzBon3
BizzBon3
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum