Tribute to Agostino Di Bartolomei

5 posters

Go down

Tribute to Agostino Di Bartolomei Empty Tribute to Agostino Di Bartolomei

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:19 am

So on the 24th, a ceremony was held at Trigoria to officially honor the captain who led us to our 2nd scudetto back in 1983, the immortal Agostino Di Bartolomei, by naming the main pitch used by both the first team and the Primavera in his honor.

Here what went down, courtesy of the club's official site:

02/24/2012

As of today, Friday 24 February 2012, the main pitch of the training centre in Trigoria will be called “The Agostino Di Bartolomei pitch”. There was an absorbing and charming dedication ceremony that took place this morning at the Fulvio Bernardini training centre, which saw Marisa and Luca in attendance – the wife and son of the captain of Roma’s second Scudetto – as well as many of his team-mates from the great Giallorossi side of the 1980s. The club paid tribute to the unforgettable champion who died far too soon, on 30 May 1994, with this significant and symbolic gesture, with Baldini and Fenucci doing the honours, accompanied by Sabatini, Totti and De Rossi representing the first team.

The ceremony, which was broadcast live by Roma Channel, displayed some touching moments, such as the one involving Luca Di Bartolomei and Franco Baldini when the plaque was revealed, as well as when several ex Giallorossi players made their entrance as the song "Leva calcistica del '68" by De Gregori played. It was also an exciting moment when the 51 youngsters from the youth academy entered the pitch, each bearing a symbolic captain’s armband; the "51 captains of the future" as rightly stated by Matteo Vespasiani, the presenter of the event on Roma Channel.

Managing director Fenucci took the floor and greeted those present: "I’d like to thank everyone here today. First, the team-mates of Agostino who managed to achieve incredible things in that era. Thanks also to all the fans, who unfortunately we could only partially accommodate today. The naming of this pitch after Di Bartolomei is linked specifically to the club’s desire to create a link between the past and the future, especially considering that our Primavera team plays here."

Next to speak was Baldini, the general director, who stressed that, "Football needs heroes. And who but Agostino could have been such a hero to the Giallorossi fans? Agostino, who was, and will always be, unique in Roma’s history. We are forever indebted to him. Today Ago has returned home."

Finally, an emotional speech from Luca Di Bartolomei: "I want to thank everyone. Today you are returning something enormous to my family and I. Thanks to the fans, who are the true owners of Roma. Thanks for the love and for making us feel closer to Ago every day. Thanks to those who remind us that this was his home and that, from today, it will be again."

The ceremony, that also had Maurizio Stroppiana (general director of World, the company that created the synthetic grass pitch) as a guest, ended with the blessing of the pitch.

In summary, it was a truly lovely morning in Rome; in the name of Ago, a leader who was quiet on the pitch but loved by his team-mates both on and off of it, as well as by the fans. He was a serious and highly regarded athlete who made history with this club… and as of today he also has a place within it; a place that was, and will always be, his home.

Check out this link for pictures that were taken of Totti, De Rossi, Conti, Ago's wife and son as well as Fenucci and Baldini - http://www.asroma.it/en/news/news.html?id=4456

----------------------------------

I think this is truly a heart-warming gesture from the club. None of us were alive when Ago and that great team of the 80s counted itself among the best sides in Europe so in that way, I'm disappointed that I never got to see this guy play. He was a phenomenal player from what I've read about him. Immensely talented footballer. His death was absolutely shocking when I read about that as well the first time. He was taken away so young.

Grazie Ago.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Tribute to Agostino Di Bartolomei Empty Re: Tribute to Agostino Di Bartolomei

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:47 am

Indeed Neal it is a beautiful gesture to one of the true Roma greats.I've seen replays of that final a few times and before i even knew who Bartolomei was the commentators keep saying what a good player he is praising him to the last and you could see why.The guy was a complete boss in the midfield alongside the other legend Falcao.

When i read up about his death i was absolutely shocked as well.Brought a tear to my eye believe it or not.So sad.

Grazie Ago
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 am

The least we could do for a fantastic leader. Baldini said it best, Ago has come home. Nothing else to add, Grazie Ago!

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:07 am

ErPupone wrote:The least we could do for a fantastic leader. Baldini said it best, Ago has come home. Nothing else to add, Grazie Ago!

2.09 what a goal :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:22 am

So now Trigoria will be called Agostino Di Bartolomei?

Nice : )
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:40 am

Blade_Runner wrote:So now Trigoria will be called Agostino Di Bartolomei?

Nice : )

No, Trigoria will still be known as Centro Fulvio Bernardini. It's the main pitch that we use that will be renamed in Ago's honor.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:35 am

I have unfortunately only seen the videos from him but those screamers put me in state of shock for 1 or two minutes , i wish i could have watched him play
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:40 pm

McLewis wrote:So on the 24th, a ceremony was held at Trigoria to officially honor the captain who led us to our 2nd scudetto back in 1983, the immortal Agostino Di Bartolomei, by naming the main pitch used by both the first team and the Primavera in his honor.

Here what went down, courtesy of the club's official site:

02/24/2012

As of today, Friday 24 February 2012, the main pitch of the training centre in Trigoria will be called “The Agostino Di Bartolomei pitch”. There was an absorbing and charming dedication ceremony that took place this morning at the Fulvio Bernardini training centre, which saw Marisa and Luca in attendance – the wife and son of the captain of Roma’s second Scudetto – as well as many of his team-mates from the great Giallorossi side of the 1980s. The club paid tribute to the unforgettable champion who died far too soon, on 30 May 1994, with this significant and symbolic gesture, with Baldini and Fenucci doing the honours, accompanied by Sabatini, Totti and De Rossi representing the first team.

The ceremony, which was broadcast live by Roma Channel, displayed some touching moments, such as the one involving Luca Di Bartolomei and Franco Baldini when the plaque was revealed, as well as when several ex Giallorossi players made their entrance as the song "Leva calcistica del '68" by De Gregori played. It was also an exciting moment when the 51 youngsters from the youth academy entered the pitch, each bearing a symbolic captain’s armband; the "51 captains of the future" as rightly stated by Matteo Vespasiani, the presenter of the event on Roma Channel.

Managing director Fenucci took the floor and greeted those present: "I’d like to thank everyone here today. First, the team-mates of Agostino who managed to achieve incredible things in that era. Thanks also to all the fans, who unfortunately we could only partially accommodate today. The naming of this pitch after Di Bartolomei is linked specifically to the club’s desire to create a link between the past and the future, especially considering that our Primavera team plays here."

Next to speak was Baldini, the general director, who stressed that, "Football needs heroes. And who but Agostino could have been such a hero to the Giallorossi fans? Agostino, who was, and will always be, unique in Roma’s history. We are forever indebted to him. Today Ago has returned home."

Finally, an emotional speech from Luca Di Bartolomei: "I want to thank everyone. Today you are returning something enormous to my family and I. Thanks to the fans, who are the true owners of Roma. Thanks for the love and for making us feel closer to Ago every day. Thanks to those who remind us that this was his home and that, from today, it will be again."

The ceremony, that also had Maurizio Stroppiana (general director of World, the company that created the synthetic grass pitch) as a guest, ended with the blessing of the pitch.

In summary, it was a truly lovely morning in Rome; in the name of Ago, a leader who was quiet on the pitch but loved by his team-mates both on and off of it, as well as by the fans. He was a serious and highly regarded athlete who made history with this club… and as of today he also has a place within it; a place that was, and will always be, his home.

Check out this link for pictures that were taken of Totti, De Rossi, Conti, Ago's wife and son as well as Fenucci and Baldini - http://www.asroma.it/en/news/news.html?id=4456

----------------------------------

I think this is truly a heart-warming gesture from the club. None of us were alive when Ago and that great team of the 80s counted itself among the best sides in Europe so in that way, I'm disappointed that I never got to see this guy play. He was a phenomenal player from what I've read about him. Immensely talented footballer. His death was absolutely shocking when I read about that as well the first time. He was taken away so young.

Grazie Ago.

Happy Birthday Captain Ago!Tribute to Agostino Di Bartolomei 524713_355788977801021_114976301882291_966495_6501609_n
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue May 01, 2012 3:39 am

hmm why didnt he play for Italian NT?
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)