Hours passed: nobody ATTACKS Bale for his dive

+4
donttreadonred
Raptorgunner
guest7
aleumdance
8 posters

Go down

Hours passed: nobody ATTACKS Bale for his dive Empty Hours passed: nobody ATTACKS Bale for his dive

Post by aleumdance Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:26 pm

2009/10 UCL qualifier, Arsenal vs Celtic.. Edaurdo da Silva makes a Dive for a penalty which Arsenal converts..from that moment he was attacked from all corners of British media,( even International media conformed to the butthurt)

now few seasons later, North London Derby with Spurs having the chance to finish above Arsenal for the first time in 15 years, Gareth Bale a Brit playing for Spurs Dives for a Penalty which spurs convert with success. any attack? NOOO..

things like this does my head with English Football, they say " kick racism out of football" but when it comes to Double Standards they are world class.. Luiz Suarez gets suspended 8 games while Terry would have his Trial after the season which we all know terry would win..Its not funny, it just annoying..

we all know if it were Adebayor or Modric that dived they would get flamed but for a brit it kinda all chilled now.. this is not the first time it has happened and won't be the last
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Hours passed: nobody ATTACKS Bale for his dive Empty Re: Hours passed: nobody ATTACKS Bale for his dive

Post by guest7 Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:31 pm

It wasn't a dive, Gibbs hit him from behind

And I'm neutral although I'm a bif fan of Wenger
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Hours passed: nobody ATTACKS Bale for his dive Empty Re: Hours passed: nobody ATTACKS Bale for his dive

Post by aleumdance Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Se7en wrote:It wasn't a dive, Gibbs hit him from behind

And I'm neutral although I'm a bif fan of Wenger

there was not hit mate, he was clearly waiting for contact but instead of " Di Mariazing " it, he fell before his major contact

totell you how bad it was Mike Dean who is a shitty ref did not give a card for such a challenge
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:33 pm

I really think it was a dive and I watched it many times I just cant see where the contact came from.

http://www.footytube.com/video/arsenal-tottenham-hotspur-feb26-106241?ref=hp_ozeit_mem

Here is the highlight and go too the 8and 30 sec you see no contact.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/arsenal-5-tottenham-2/

those are the highlights for anyone looking for it
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:43 pm

I cant really blame the ref for the penalty though, it was a good dive.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Here's the thing... Did he dive: yes. He was also through on goal, other than Sch... Scheze... Schnitze... the Arsenal goal keeper blocking his path like giant neon speed bump. Had Bale continued his run on his original course he would have plowed directly into Szczęsny, potentially injuring himself and the goalkeeper. Because of Szczęsny's positioning Bale was never going to get to the ball. However, Szczęsny had not touched the ball leaving another option open to him. The only play he had was to take the penalty. His only mistake was that he dove in anticipation of contact and darned near missed the goalkeeper altogether (there was a minor touch on Bale's foot). Therefore, one potential answer is that there was that Szczęsny botched the block so badly that there was going to be contact eventually. Bale just dove prior to it.

More likely, however, is that you ended up thumping Spurs 5-2. Usually, there is less outcry when the play ends up being irrelevant. At that point, it's more fun to mock them for losing than for diving. Mocking players for diving is typically reserved for supporters of the losing team.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 pm

yeah man

but its the Derby, you can't close ya eyes on this one

let me put it this way, Nani dives vs Liverpool..and United go one Nil up

but Liverpool comes back to win 3-1. you still think Pool fans even you would forget?
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:30 pm

aleumdance wrote:yeah man

but its the Derby, you can't close ya eyes on this one

let me put it this way, Nani dives vs Liverpool..and United go one Nil up

but Liverpool comes back to win 3-1. you still think Pool fans even you would forget?

Good question. I can honestly say that I would not be moaning about his dive. I would be happy (see gloating) about how we trounced United. The most relevance the diving would have is as an added obstacle. ("We beat you even after you dove and got a penalty.") Would we forget...? No, of course not. We would certainly never let him forget about it. However,I don't see the point of creating a long thread about it after you've won? There's isn't much point in complaining about how he dove and did you an injustice. It didn't matter in the end. You won, convincingly. Take the win over the smearing of Bale's name. It's the bigger "victory."
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:36 pm

it was a dive, but it was a really good one. even i would've called it a penalty seeing it in real time.

Spoiler:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:48 pm

He's the media darling, what do you expect?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Nobody is attacking Bale because you beat them 5-2 so nobody gives a sh*t
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:29 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Nobody is attacking Bale because you beat them 5-2 so nobody gives a sh*t

+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum