BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
dmize
Amar
22 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:56 pm

lol @ Mike Brown benching Kobe last night.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Dont need him, would rather have Ibaka if he plays like last night.

Such a great defender, shot blocker and hauls in offensive rebounds and puts them back. Also had a standstill jumper he shoots well.

Bosh is obviously more talented, but I would rather have Ibaka really.

I know Ibaka is great defender but I would love to have Bosh and Ibaka, in play off you need a player like bosh. Get rid of Perkins and put Bosh there.

Bosh is too soft to play C imo(nor could he really rebound well against C's or defend them), and Ibaka doesn't have the size.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Duncan DND (did not dress) - old loooool

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 16 294kv82

Take down now, but apparently thats what was up on NBA.com

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:Lebron the best defender in the NBA loool GTFO here with that Josh. He did a great job on Durant last night to prove it didnt he?

Durant > Lebron.

I have seen enough.

Durant brings it, big teams, little teams, whoever. cleary superior scorer, way superior shooter and he is rebounding the ball and creating buckets for his teammates too.

And watch him do it again in the playoffs.

The choke artist cant touch him.

I wouldn't normally go out of my way to defend Lebron here....but I gotta say...whatever Durant has done thus far...Lebron has done as well.I'm not ready to say Durant is better either...cuz he is nowhere near the playmaker or defender.Now I'd certainly take him ahead of Lebron...simply because he seems a winner and Lebron is a proven winner, but Durant still has alot to prove in my book.

Once again I'm talking tools wise while you're going by actual performance data , there's always gonna be a disagreement there.

Where he does it for me

>Can Legitimately guard every position
>Transition defense is the best I've ever seen
>Heck he even has the intangibles on it when he's ready, vocal, Miami's anchor.

I'm still kinda in awe at what he was doing to Rose in the conference Finals last year.But then the idiot comes back and gets tourched by Jason Terry :facepalm:

This year., whenever I've watched him he's been out of this world though....how he can go out there and make plays on a consistent basis , then sprint back down the court and guard 3 different positions a game is pretty pretty impressive.

Anyway...I'll take back the original statement, Tony Allen , Iguodala and Josh Smith are right there with him. Artest when motivated is possibly better lol....but none of those guys have to go out and make plays on a consistent basis.

Also I forgot HOWARD ROFL.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 pm

dmize wrote:lol @ Mike Brown benching Kobe last night.

He should of stayed out too.

Sessions and Bynum working like a charm.

Kobe in: All of a sudden Sessions not looking for Bynum anymore.

Pissed me off.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Its not really about what Durant is done...he is considerably younger, been the league less time. It his attitude, his ability, what I feel strongly he can do in all situations.

Playmaker? He got 8 assists last night...and assists arent the only way to create for your team anyway. Durant is a scorer, a prolific one...are you saying you cant be just a scorer and be better than Bron? Because your then saying Jordan isnt better than Bron.

Lebron cannot guard every position, that is such a falsehood. Put his ass on Marc Gasol or Bynum and lets see what happens.

What he did to Rose didnt surprise me. I seen Tayshawn Prince do it to Iverson. Rose didnt have confidence in his shot and was tired because he has to carry the Bulls too much on offence.

His transition defence aint all that, your getting fooled by his great looking blocks. I frequently seen him not run back on defence. He only goes all out when he has a chance for a block.

Iggy, Allen both give there all on defence, also Gerrald Wallace. They arent inferior to Bron at all. And we just stick to wings here. In fact, I think Iddy and Wallace are both better.

Hinrich, Jones, Battier, Brewer, Deng, Mbah a Moute all would make a claim also.

Bron is better off the ball than all these guys minus Wallace, but on the ball, all can make a claim.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:45 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
Swagg wrote:Btw.. How is Joel Anthony in the NBA ffs.. This guy is garbage, can't even catch a pass and finish under the rim if he is wide open.. His defense isn't great either, he's a waste of space

It's LeBron, Wade and Bosh vs the world.. The rest of those guys barely do shit

Is not his fault really, when 3 players get all the money there is no more to buy better players. If these guys really want to win they would take a pay cut just like Shaq did to bring in proper player.

There are big men in the D-League better than this joke, I'm sure they would take his pay to play for the Heat.. He's a waste of space
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:35 am

Fxck it.. LeBron should get free reign to do what he wants, fxck this deferring shit.. He should just go into Cavs mode but instead of Mo Williams he has D-Wade and instead of Varejao he has Bosh

He was top 2 in 'clutchness' in the league in his last 2 seasons as a Cav.. Number 2 behind Kobe in 08-09 and number 1 in 09-10

http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

eco smile
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:53 am

Joel Anthony isnt completely usesless.

He sets very good screens and is a very good shot blocker.

Not a starter really but yeah.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Indiana blow out Miami.

Paul George is one of those guys in this league who can legitimately Guard Lebron and Collison and Hibbert will tear them up.

They have a shot in the playoffs against Miami.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Did you (whoever) know that OKC´s big 3 (KD, Westbrook, Harden) score more points per game than the Heat's?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:01 am

^ I didn't until I heard it on ESPN radio today, on the SVP show they were saying that. I think Durant, Westbrook and Harden average 68 combined.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:46 am

The biggest difference comes in Westbrook and Wade. Westbrook chips in 2 more a game.

Bosh and Harden roughly the same, Durant and Bron roughly the same.

What I find even more extraordinary is the Thunders offence, its highly unique.

I believe I read they average very few assists (maybe even the least in the league) and yet, is the most efficient in the league....its very much against conventional wisdom that this can happen.

Iso heavy offence usually arent efficient, yet alone THE MOST efficient.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:51 am

Duno if yall saw this.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:00 am

I get the feeling Westbrook scores alot of points that can be shaken off him with some simple contests from bigs.Miami's had a couple injuries as well.

OKC's offence is unusual, it's ISO heavy but they run more screens than anyone else in the league, it just seems everyone is running a screen for whoever's on the ball...Perkins Ibaka do an amazing job for Durant and Westbrook.

But Wait.

Ours scores 63.4 :notbad:

The way Bynum is playing ATM , that could probably go up to 65-67.How much is the heat averaging?

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I get the feeling Westbrook scores alot of points that can be shaken off him with some simple contests from bigs.Miami's had a couple injuries as well.

OKC's offence is unusual, it's ISO heavy but they run more screens than anyone else in the league, it just seems everyone is running a screen for whoever's on the ball...Perkins Ibaka do an amazing job for Durant and Westbrook.

But Wait.

Ours scores 63.4 :notbad:

The way Bynum is playing ATM , that could probably go up to 65-67.How much is the heat averaging?

Wait, so your saying Westbrook scores that much because bigs dont contest him? wat?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:09 pm

General effort altogether.

People running back on transition.....bigs not bothering to protect the rim......him getting offensive rebounds an putbacks....guards not fighting over the screens.

To me that's the difference between regular season him and playoff him....the general defensive effort and intensity of the opposing team.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:27 pm

But why would that happen vs Westbrook and not generally?

I dont buy that really.

Westbrooks problems in the playoffs are him, not anyone else. He so far hasnt done a good job not forcing it, making the simple play, asserting himself at the right moment.

And even that is overdone, he scores more or less the same amount of points. The problem is he turns it over more and shoots less efficiently.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Those are problems as well......the only reason I bring it up is because Westbrook seems to benefit from it more than others with his insane motor

I think he needs to learn to drive + pass , he gets tunnel vision when he's driving,he dosen't pass out of those situations anywhere near enough after he's collapsed the entire defense.

Generally I agree.

I like Westnrook though....I'm gonna enjoy watching him down the stretch at SG , which is what i assume they're gonna be doing with Fisher there.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:51 pm

No they aint.

Fish is back up.

Westbrook and Harden are the guys in the backcourt. Harden is better with the ball, can create and such.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:57 pm

Forgot about Harden.

How good is he these days? Generally when he came in I thought he was going to be a solid SG with relatively good offense and lacking defense?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:03 pm

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Lakers' other All-Star was benched in Tuesday's 104-101 win over the Golden State Warriors. Andrew Bynum didn't move on from Mike Brown's decision to sub him out quite as gracefully as Kobe Bryant, either.

Bynum attempted, and missed, a 3-point shot from the top of the key with 10:05 remaining in the third quarter and the Lakers leading 56-50. It was not an end-of-the-shot-clock situation in which Bynum was forced into the shot, as had been the case for the majority of his seven 3-point attempts in his seven-year career.

Brown subbed Bynum out of the game shortly thereafter, putting in Josh McRoberts with 9:33 remaining in the third and not playing Bynum the rest of the quarter. Bynum started the fourth quarter but played just the first three minutes, going 0-for-3 from the field (including missing a 12-foot turnaround jump shot) and 1-for-2 from the foul line before being kept out for the final 9:10 of the game.

"I made one [Sunday], and I felt good about it, shot it; he took me out for it," Bynum said, referring to the 3-pointer he made from the top of the key at the end of the game in the Lakers' 102-96 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies. It was the first successful 3-pointer of his career. "I don't know what was bench-worthy about the shot, to be honest with you. I made one [against Memphis], and I wanted to make another one. I swear. That's it. I guess [Brown] took offense to it, so, he put me on the bench."

Bynum finished with 11 points on 4-for-13 shooting and five rebounds in 23 minutes. Going into Tuesday, Bynum was averaging career highs in points (18.3), rebounds (12.3) and minutes (36) per game, and leading the NBA with a 58.5 shooting percentage from the field.

"That's something that I felt could have taken us out of rhythm, and so that's why I took him out of the game," Brown said. "I brought him back for a little bit and then I took him out again and I just felt it was best to go with the group that we had out there."

Bynum did not join his teammates in huddles during several timeouts in the fourth quarter, instead staying in his seat toward the end of the bench by himself.

"He took me out of the game, so I just sat where he put me," Bynum said.

Brown said he did not notice Bynum's body language at the end of the bench and added that he does not require every player to be in the huddle if the player isn't in the lineup at that time.

Bryant, who was benched for four minutes in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to Memphis but ultimately supported Brown's decision, empathized with Bynum.

"I think he was testing the limits of his game," Bryant said. "In some ways, the edginess and chippiness of him makes it very easy for me to relate to him because I had some of that when I was young. It's easy for me to see where he's coming from."

Bryant suggested Brown and the Lakers' coaching staff could have handled Bynum's benching differently.

"They have a lot of youth and they're not used to dealing with players of Drew's ambition, I'm sure, at this stage of his career," Bryant said. "I was in that position and obviously have a lot of experience in dealing with myself and playing with Shaquille [O'Neal] when Shaquille was young and being mentored by Phil [Jackson] and things like that. So, nothing really rattles me."

Pau Gasol, the Lakers' other co-captain with Bryant, was more stern with his take on the situation.

"It's something that we have to address and figure out how to get everybody playing as hard as they can every single night for the success of this team," Gasol said. "So, we'll address it."

Bynum vowed to continue to "expand his game" by taking shots from beyond the arc.

"I guess, 'Don't take 3s' is the message, but I'm going to take another one and I'm going to take some more, so I just hope it's not the same result," Bynum said. "Hopefully I make it."

Gasol, who is 5-for-19 on 3-pointers this season after going just 19-for-85 in his first 10 seasons, was not on board with his fellow 7-footer's plan.

"That's not his game," Gasol said. "That's not his game. Hopefully it's just one bad game, it's out of the way. ... We'll be fine. Andrew understands. He's a good guy, and he'll do the right thing."

Didnt see the play, but im siding with Bynum on this to be honest. Is Ron-Ron can throw up bricks with no regret why cant Bynum try one is he is WIDE open and made one recently?

As Kobe said, he is testing the limits of his game and its not like he is taking 4, 5 contested 3's...he shot 1 and he was open.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:15 pm

I saw it.

I didn't particularly like it but I wouldn't have done that because of it.

To me his shooting form is fantastic and if he practices it enough he can knock it down....I think Brown didn't like the whole progression of his game....because he's been taking turnaround jumpers and stuff lately.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:59 pm

But he can make those turn around jumpers, so I wouldnt have a problem with that. Its not like he isnt being aggressive and settling, he is exploring other options and mixing it up.

I get why one wouldnt be happy with him shooting a 3, but it was just 1....benching was going way too far for me.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:12 pm

I think Brown is doing the same thing actually.

He's trying to guage and get a better understanding of the type of personalities he has on his team so he can more effectively deal with precarious situations later on in the season.

This team is packed with egos, everyone (almost) on the roster has won two rings.They've been led by the greatest coach in the history of basketball.Brown needs to test the waters and push them around a bit to see how much they respect him and how much he should assert himself.

He calls plays these days, I've never seen that from Phil, Kobe drew up most of our plays under Phil......if he's going to be a typical coach things need to change.

I get the feeling he wants this to be a traditional team, man defense , point guard play, inside out....the basics.That's something i haven't seen in a long time.

Personally I dunno if I'd have benched him, but I'd definitely talk to him and try to figure out what exactly he's thinking.I mean he's just being lazy there.I can see the rationale of that shot with 4 or 5 seconds in the clock, or with others unguarded, but that for all intents and purposes was a transition 3 that he shot because he thinks it'll make the highlight reel.I'm not happy about that.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Yeah, I agree. That sounds about right to me.

Thing is though, Bynum said, "im going to continue to shoot it when open" more or less and I cant say I blame him.

It may cause some friction down the line, but hey, thats growing pains both individually and as a team in terms of relationships with Brown.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next