Robin Van Persie to break Cristiano Ronaldo's Premeir League goal record.

+15
REWB
kiranr
ronalessi
Abramovich
Swanhends
jibers
aleumdance
donttreadonred
Great Leader Sprucenuce
stunt
EarlyPrototype
Raptorgunner
Lex
RealGunner
Le Samourai
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Robin Van Persie to break Cristiano Ronaldo's Premeir League goal record. Empty Robin Van Persie to break Cristiano Ronaldo's Premeir League goal record.

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:26 am

Needs 7 goals in 11 games.Not too impressed with this it is after all a Cristiano so i'll assume that Van persie found it easy to break.Benzema and Higuain would probably shatter it. :coffee:

Still gonna break Cristiano's heart :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Robin Van Persie to break Cristiano Ronaldo's Premeir League goal record. Empty Re: Robin Van Persie to break Cristiano Ronaldo's Premeir League goal record.

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:27 am

what record is this ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Robin Van Persie to break Cristiano Ronaldo's Premeir League goal record. Empty Re: Robin Van Persie to break Cristiano Ronaldo's Premeir League goal record.

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:28 am

Most goals in a 38 game season.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:26 am

Would be a hell of an achievement given that he's playing in the worst Arsenal side i've seen in my lifetime
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:47 am

What about Dixie Dean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 am

That was before the Premier League's time lol
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:30 pm

I had no idea, RVP can do it, like Lex said one of the worst Arsenal side in years and he still breaking records. :bow: :bow:

Come on RVP break Ronaldo's heart, 7 goals. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:03 pm

He would actually deserve it. He has been doing everything right.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Good for him if he does it.

But yeah, Ronaldo broke that at 23 so it's understandable that his record was only 31 goals.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:31 pm

It's actually Shearer's record, scored 31 goals in 35 games in 96 so he did it first so GTFO.

Anyway's everyone know's Ba would of broken it already if he wasnt interrupted by AFCON :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Ronaldo needs penalties to break records :coffee:

RVP does it when he wants
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:25 pm

If he stays fit for the entire run-in, I think he'll do it.

Also, I think it's part;y due to the fact that he's playing in arguably the weakest Arsenal side in a while. He's getting just enough service to make him a threat, but he's the only scoring threat in most matches. There's no assistance at times, and there's never a chance to "take the foot off of the gas." He has to score or Arsenal is out of the Champions League next season.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:28 pm

I'll slate my Arsenal when they suck, but i'll also come to their rescue when they're being unfairly criticised. Both Arsenal goals against Liverpool were by RVP, but were supplied by sharpshooter passes from Sagna and Song. Look back over the season and tell me how many times Song alone has assisted an RVP goal and tell me this is a one man team
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:29 pm

donttreadonred wrote:If he stays fit for the entire run-in, I think he'll do it.

Also, I think it's part;y due to the fact that he's playing in arguably the weakest Arsenal side in a while. He's getting just enough service to make him a threat, but he's the only scoring threat in most matches. There's no assistance at times, and there's never a chance to "take the foot off of the gas." He has to score or Arsenal is out of the Champions League next season.

you know, most goals he scores, are like "tap ins" ( including headers)

he gets good quality service
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:44 am

Lex wrote:That was before the Premier League's time lol

Which means nothing?

Dixie Dean holds the record and I don't see that being beaten any time soon.

Man Utd and every other football team still counts titles from before the rebranding, or do they not count either?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:45 am

Read the thread title one more time....
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:59 am

Lex wrote:Read the thread title one more time....

So what your saying is you keep adding exceptions until its good enough for your guy to win it lmao

/golfclap

He won't break the most goals in a season record

"But wait the new rebranding record!"

So your saying he will score more than 34 goals? Like Shearer and Cole?

"No 38 game season!"

Oh.....

So when/if he breaks the record......

Did he score the most goals in a English league season?
No

Did he score the most goals in a premier league season (rebranding aka since 92)?
No

oh ok then.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:19 am

Ok then Crumbs, he needs to score 7 to surpass Madrid's supposed best player's personal best, 9 to equal Shearer and Cole's record and 10 to set the new Premier League record. You can stop sucking on those sour grapes now
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:27 am

Crim there is no need for this tbh. Seriously why do Madrid fans always feel threatened all the time when anyone is compared to your players?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:28 am

Lex wrote:Ok then Crumbs, he needs to score 7 to surpass Madrid's supposed best player's personal best, 9 to equal Shearer and Cole's record and 10 to set the new Premier League record. You can stop sucking on those sour grapes now

Sounds like it's you with the sour grapes lmao

thanks for admitting I was right I'll be gone now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 am

jibers wrote:Crim there is no need for this tbh. Seriously why do Madrid fans always feel threatened all the time when anyone is compared to your players?

What? I just wanted to set the record straight. You of all people should know how anal I am about records and statistics lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:34 am

Coming to your bum buddy Ronaldo's rescue by bringing up a record set 50 years ago in a league we're not talking about. Typical you, Crumbs, typical you.

The slightest indication that one of their player's records is about to be broken and Madrid fans turn into historians
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:36 am

Did i say 50? It's more like 85 years...
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:36 am

Lex wrote:Coming to your bum buddy Ronaldo's rescue by bringing up a record set 50 years ago in a league we're not talking about. Typical you, Crumbs, typical you.

The slightest indication that one of their player's records is about to be broken and Madrid fans turn into historians

Why would I care about Ronaldo playing for Man Utd? Seriously I don't. Cole and Shearer > Ronaldo in the EPL.

But I suppose Dixie Dean, Shearer and Cole all played for Madrid as well? Get your head out of your arse lmao.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:49 am

Crimson wrote:
Lex wrote:Read the thread title one more time....

So what your saying is you keep adding exceptions until its good enough for your guy to win it lmao

/golfclap

Le Samourai the Arsenal fan :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next