Guardiola: Barcelona have always been honest...

+28
Jeps33178
Dnmac4
VanDeezNuts
delaurentishotz
harhar11
Zealous
The Madrid One
Seppuku
che
BarcaLearning
donttreadonred
ronalessi
billy_gr
stunt
Tigole
andiii
LeVersacci
Pedram
SaintJoe
guest7
Albiceleste
Rebaño Sagrado
baresi
Mr Nick09
Babun
Lex
Le Samourai
jibers
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guardiola: Barcelona have always been honest... Empty Guardiola: Barcelona have always been honest...

Post by jibers Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Mourinho said on Friday that although Guardiola had been "intelligent" and created a "better image" for himself, the two coaches actually have very much more in common than meets the eye.

But the Barca boss was keen to distance himself from a comparison with the Madrid coach on Saturday - at least in terms of behaviour.

"I know Mourinho has commented that in the end we are alike in more ways than it seems. Yes, we are alike in that the two of us want to win, there's no doubt," the 41-year-old told reporters at a press conference ahead of Sunday's Primera Division clash against Racing Santander.

"But if in the other [sense] I have behaved like him, then I will have to revise my behaviour. "We [Barcelona] have always been honest [and] that's why I don't have the feeling we are so alike. I have never wished to go the levels he has."

And Guardiola believes Mourinho's conduct in the press room is very different from his own.

"There are images and words during this time which speak a thousand words. There are thousands of press conferences you can look at," he explained.

"We both want to win, but we are different. But if it said that we are alike, then I will have a better look. My only objective is not to let my institution or my players down.

"Perhaps in some press conferences I have embarrassed the club on occasions, but I try to ensure that people [at the club and fans] are not ashamed of me."
Barcelona are currently 10 points behind Madrid in the race for the Primera Division title.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/03/10/2958178/barcelona-have-always-been-honest-so-i-dont-think-mourinho-and-i-
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Guardiola: Barcelona have always been honest... Empty Re: Guardiola: Barcelona have always been honest...

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Shit was always real....................Guardiola with his little restrained dignified shots at Mou is nothing new.

Guardiola: Barcelona have always been honest... 29-99
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Guardiola: Barcelona have always been honest... Empty Re: Guardiola: Barcelona have always been honest...

Post by Lex Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Cracking up, Rafa style bounce
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:02 pm

SAF, Mourinho :bow: :bow: :bow:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Giggs: I have always been honest
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Pep finally cracking that shell he has been hiding in.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Is Pep feeling the pressure hmm

Where did your post go ronalessi Mad
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Pep and Mou are nothing alike lol.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:17 pm

The irony... Basicly acting like a saint for three years straight and now becoming the man he acted like he despised. Atleast he is NOW finally honest, but he can't say Mou is less honest than him. That is a lie.

Also, the irony of it:

Guardiola: Barcelona have always been honest... Ani3_vSCQAArvQP
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Mourinho's right though.

When Real was behind, Mou complained about referees and Guardiola pretended everything was fine.
Now that Barcelona is behind, Guardiola is the one complaining and Mourinho pretends everything is fine.

I'm a little disappointed with Guardiola tbh. He's complaining about referees, taking shots at Mou and now he pretends he's any different. :facepalm:

Last edited by SaintJoe on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Holier than Thou attitude is a part of Barcelona's culture, they always play the victim's rule.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:19 pm

I looked into Pep's eyes and knew he had ill intentions.

Spoiler:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:21 pm

SaintJoe wrote:Mourinho's right though.

When Real was behind, Mou complained about referees and Guardiola pretended everything was fine.
Now that Barcelona is behind, Guardiola is the one complaining and Mourinho pretends everything is fine.

I'm a little disappointed with Guardiola tbh. He's complaining about referees, taking shots at Mou and now he pretends he's any different. :facepalm:
:facepalm:

Pep: "If we do not win the league we will not blame the referees" a couple days ago
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/03/03/2943717/guardiola-if-we-do-not-win-the-league-we-will-not-blame

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Giggs: I have always been honest
haha great
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Albiceleste wrote:
:facepalm:

Pep: "If we do not win the league we will not blame the referees" a couple days ago
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/03/03/2943717/guardiola-if-we-do-not-win-the-league-we-will-not-blame

Well that's interesting. Just a few days ago he said 'We will continue to enjoy this clean competition [Champions League]'. It seems to me he's taking a shot at the spanish league. He's not as direct as Mourinho, he's more underhanded.
Then you have Barcelona players like Piqué or Daniel Alves who also complain about the referees. Or important figures inside Barcelona staff.

They pretend to be different, but they aren't.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigole Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Mourinho is right though. I thought Barcelona didn't talk about referees.

It looks like Pep is feeling the pressure, and his shell is cracking...

Tigole
Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:30 pm

The difference beetween Pep and Mou is that Mou uses the media in his and his players' favor (to motivate them), while Pep uses it to convey to the media and fans that he and his players are humble. But Pep has just showed with this conference that he is prone to behaving just like Mourinho, yet most of the time he displays his humble personna.

Honestly, Mourinho is right. They are both alike in more ways than Pep is willing to admit.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Mou: "Embrace the dark side Pep"
"I'm your father"
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:54 pm

lol billy
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Anti-DNA wrote:I looked into Pep's eyes and knew he had ill intentions.
:lol!:
This!
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:17 pm

I dont see how u can compared Mourinho to Pep's behaviour, one tries to control himself every time and the other is an arrogant brat!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:20 pm

goal.com translation... guardiola probably actually said "mourinho is the greatest coach ever and i'd have his children if i could"
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Guardiola forgot to mention the part where they won 2 CL and other trophies through their "honesty".

He also forgot the part where dishonest cheating players like Masch come to his club and suddenly become "honest".

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:15 pm

pep is a god, and i admire him, but boy is this retarded.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:20 pm

literally thousands of managers wish to have similarities with Mourinho. Pep should take it as a compliment :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum