Yeezus
21 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Roberto Di Matteo "Buddha" Empty Roberto Di Matteo "Buddha"

Post by Yeezus Thu 15 Mar 2012, 02:36

Chelsea's fabulous interim manager.

3 wins in a row.

He's restored order at the club and has put himself over the "player power" in the club. He is in charge and makes sure all squad members recognize and respect that regardless of longevity at the club.

Always looking content and happy, hence the Buddha title

Roberto Di Matteo "Buddha" Roberto-Di-Matteo-press_2730818

Enjoy him Blues fans, he could be here for the long run

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo "Buddha" Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo "Buddha"

Post by DeviAngel Thu 15 Mar 2012, 03:01

and he should be the players are like re-born under him plus Torres is playing good maybe its time for him to be AM his dribbling and passing is amazing

but I see Abramobich choosing other coach
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Thu 15 Mar 2012, 03:16

DeviAngel wrote:and he should be the players are like re-born under him plus Torres is playing good maybe its time for him to be AM his dribbling and passing is amazing

I don't know, tbh. The players seem to have settled down with him laying instructions. With AVB, players were all over the place due to all these changes in formation, selections and what not.

I think this is the point where Torres and Drogba is re-bled into the team. It didn't work so well under AVB. But with Torres doing well on the ball and distributing it to teammates much more simpler, and Drogba re-establishing himself as the beastly force that can hold the ball well and carry on in physical battles, I think Torres should be played just right behind Drogba as a CF.

I don't really enjoy the prospect of seeing Sturridge, yes he adds pace to the team, but he is just to wasteful. He seems to look for the shot too often.

------------------Cech--------------
-Ivanovic---Terry---Luiz---Cole--
----------Essien----Lampard-----
Ramires----------------------Mata-
-----Drogba----Torres(deeper)--

This is great passing side in this Chelsea, and quite the industrial, too. I think this is the code AVB was trying to crack all this time.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu 15 Mar 2012, 03:39

No no no no no no no.

Sturridge cannot be dropped, romeu should be a starter next year and Mata will play centrally.

I am very happy with RDM though :Cheers:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu 15 Mar 2012, 08:36

Wonder if Di Matteo continues to do well, Roman might consider use him insstead of forking out for another top name....

Di Matteo didnt impress me much as a player, but now hes certainly impressive....the way he ran onto each player and celebrated says a lot about his good spirits :bow:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 09:11

Napoli won 6-3 at the weekend against Cagliari, but all three goals they conceded were headers scored by Joaquin Larrivey, a basic number nine – this is suddenly something they’re vulnerable to (which is bizarre considering their system, which features three centre-backs and decent width on both sides). Morgan De Sanctis also flapped at an early corner, indicating he wasn’t happy with the ball being delivered from wide either.

But the problem continued, with John Terry completely free to head in at the start of the second from a corner. Even the corner had been conceded when Hugo Campagnaro headed behind under no pressure, suggesting poor communication – then from the corner, Gokhan Inler’s marking was non-existent. Lampard’s third came from a penalty, conceded after yet more poor marking from a corner.

Despite this clear weakness and Chelsea taking advantage, the home side weren’t doing their best to exploit the problems. Di Matteo persisted with right-footed Ramires on the left (granted, he provided the assist for the goal, but he’s hardly a classic winger, and certainly not on the left) and Sturridge on the right. Even more strangely, Fernando Torres replaced Sturridge later on, and started off playing on the right – again, he wasn’t likely to provide good service for Drogba.

It took until extra time for Di Matteo to realise the potential. He removed Juan Mata, who had been quiet, and introduced a player comfortable playing down the left, Florent Malouda. Ramires went to the right, and Torres went upfront. 4-4-2. Now Chelsea had two players in more comfortable wide roles, and two strikers in the box to get on the end of crosses. Chelsea were now more direct – see De Sanctis’ error for Torres’ missed open goal (from a narrow angle).

Eventually the fourth did come from a cross, of sorts. The combination of Drogba and Ivanovic wasn’t what the formation had intended, but the move did come after Ramires went down the outside on the right.

Tactical masterclass :bow:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu 15 Mar 2012, 09:21

RDM :bow:

I had my doubts but if he keeps this up I am more than happy with him in charge.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu 15 Mar 2012, 13:41

Good coach, he was very promising some years ago, didn't know why he was the second of AVB, I still think that he still has a lot to do to confirm himself to our bench.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu 15 Mar 2012, 16:51

Danny7 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:and he should be the players are like re-born under him plus Torres is playing good maybe its time for him to be AM his dribbling and passing is amazing

I don't know, tbh. The players seem to have settled down with him laying instructions. With AVB, players were all over the place due to all these changes in formation, selections and what not.

I think this is the point where Torres and Drogba is re-bled into the team. It didn't work so well under AVB. But with Torres doing well on the ball and distributing it to teammates much more simpler, and Drogba re-establishing himself as the beastly force that can hold the ball well and carry on in physical battles, I think Torres should be played just right behind Drogba as a CF.

I don't really enjoy the prospect of seeing Sturridge, yes he adds pace to the team, but he is just to wasteful. He seems to look for the shot too often.

------------------Cech--------------
-Ivanovic---Terry---Luiz---Cole--
----------Essien----Lampard-----
Ramires----------------------Mata-
-----Drogba----Torres(deeper)--

This is great passing side in this Chelsea, and quite the industrial, too. I think this is the code AVB was trying to crack all this time.

I loved how Torres tracked back that tells a lot about his confidence. He is going back I tell you:)
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:55

TBH, if Di Matteo is the manager we have been looking for, it would be kind of like those bad holywood movies, the ones where the guy has a female best friend but dates other girls until he realises he loves his best friend(Di Matteo).

Or am I just crazy?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:53

Se7en wrote:
Napoli won 6-3 at the weekend against Cagliari, but all three goals they conceded were headers scored by Joaquin Larrivey, a basic number nine – this is suddenly something they’re vulnerable to (which is bizarre considering their system, which features three centre-backs and decent width on both sides). Morgan De Sanctis also flapped at an early corner, indicating he wasn’t happy with the ball being delivered from wide either.

But the problem continued, with John Terry completely free to head in at the start of the second from a corner. Even the corner had been conceded when Hugo Campagnaro headed behind under no pressure, suggesting poor communication – then from the corner, Gokhan Inler’s marking was non-existent. Lampard’s third came from a penalty, conceded after yet more poor marking from a corner.

Despite this clear weakness and Chelsea taking advantage, the home side weren’t doing their best to exploit the problems. Di Matteo persisted with right-footed Ramires on the left (granted, he provided the assist for the goal, but he’s hardly a classic winger, and certainly not on the left) and Sturridge on the right. Even more strangely, Fernando Torres replaced Sturridge later on, and started off playing on the right – again, he wasn’t likely to provide good service for Drogba.

It took until extra time for Di Matteo to realise the potential. He removed Juan Mata, who had been quiet, and introduced a player comfortable playing down the left, Florent Malouda. Ramires went to the right, and Torres went upfront. 4-4-2. Now Chelsea had two players in more comfortable wide roles, and two strikers in the box to get on the end of crosses. Chelsea were now more direct – see De Sanctis’ error for Torres’ missed open goal (from a narrow angle).

Eventually the fourth did come from a cross, of sorts. The combination of Drogba and Ivanovic wasn’t what the formation had intended, but the move did come after Ramires went down the outside on the right.

Tactical masterclass :bow:

Im confused a little, a tactical masterclass which is when he only realised at extra time Napoli's weaknesses from crosses? Laughing
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri 16 Mar 2012, 13:58

BarcaLearning wrote:

Im confused a little, a tactical masterclass which is when he only realised at extra time Napoli's weaknesses from crosses? Laughing

And where did our first 3 goals came from?
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun 06 May 2012, 05:25

Two of Di Matteo biggest contribution and changing our season around has to be:

1. Playing Lampard in the double pivot and changing our formation 4-2-3-1.
2. Playing Ramires out wide.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 06 May 2012, 05:32

I want Roberto to stay! :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun 06 May 2012, 05:40

Credit to Lamps for adapting to the role though.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun 06 May 2012, 05:54

Barrettinator wrote:Credit to Lamps for adapting to the role though.

definitely, i remember him saying in preseason that he would not not like to play a role that would prevent from scoring goals. Obviously in the double pivot role his chances are really low, glad he is doing the best thing for the team.

I found it flawed in the few times we played 4-2-3-1 under AVB, that he would play Lampard in the #10 role and Ramires in the double pivot. Ramires is obviously best used when he has a lot of freedom and uses his pace which is not best suited in the DM role. and Lampard at this stage of his career does not have the legs and quickness to play higher up in the pitch and in tight space. AVB got it completely wrong in utilizing Lampard and Ramires skills.

One of the many things that got me to doubt AVB as a manager.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 06 May 2012, 05:59

TBH, playing him there has added a year or two onto his career.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 22 May 2012, 12:58

Roberto Di Matteo "Buddha" Tumblr_m4cwioKvPe1qa0se1o1_500Roberto Di Matteo "Buddha" Tumblr_m4d9o0jMr41rw1a61o1_500
Roberto Di Matteo "Buddha" Tumblr_m4d8d65RXF1qej81xo1_500
Boss.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 29 May 2012, 15:42

Happy Birthday Robbie! He is 42 today!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 10 Jun 2012, 08:04

Roberto Di Matteo "Buddha" Tumblr_m4it7nlfFd1qd6gf1o1_500

There is your Sign Roman, you know what to do.

Roberto Di Matteo "Buddha" Tumblr_m45jgknFfT1qg259xo1_500
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun 10 Jun 2012, 08:27

That's going to be my new sig after the Euros. Very Happy
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 10 Jun 2012, 08:57

tongue
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 30 Sep 2012, 11:46

Bumping an old thread to ask a question,

where does everyone stand on RDM? A part from the one tactical error against QPR he has done very well and proved he is worthy of managing this side IMO.

what do you guys think?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun 30 Sep 2012, 16:19

Still too early to say I want him to be at the helm for the long term but so far apart from a very few reasons, he's given us no reason not to
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun 30 Sep 2012, 16:49

So far, he has been brilliant. But lets give it some time and see, after christmas if we are still flying high he is the man for me.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next