BarrileteCosmico
JAY-Z
Khaled
35 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

OFFTOPIC: Copa America 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFTOPIC: Copa America 2011

Post by neuro11 Mon 27 Jun 2011, 05:15

anyone knows whether Copa will be broadcasting in any of the ESPN or TEN Sports channels.... If not i will miss the matches...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 27 Jun 2011, 05:21

Youtube is broadcasting all games in 'over 50 countries'. You should check whether they're also doing that for India.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 27 Jun 2011, 07:53

I remember Messi's chip like it was yesterday, such a beautiful goal

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 27 Jun 2011, 08:57

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Otamendi & Musacchio* for Milito & Garay, Ansaldi/Pillud for a FB. Forward line is fine. So are the midfielders. Maybe I would've given some of the Velez midfielders a chance, given that they just won the league and reached CL semi-finals.

*Note: I'm just basing this on reputation, I don't watch these 2 play nearly as much as I should.

Nice reply. Yes I too think the center backs could be chosen differently. As for full backs maybe he could have chosen one more in place of D.Milito or he could taken Ansaldi/Pillud instead of Rojo. I haven't seen anything much of any of these three players thus making it hard to comment on this. The midfielders are fine because the only one who doesn't play enough is Gago but he just looks a totally different player in the national team shirt. Maybe he could have taken one of the Velez midfielders instead of Biglia but then Cambiasso has called the latter his heir. Or else perhaps in place of D.Milito since he seems to be ending up as a pure passenger anyway. The rest of the forward line is as good as it gets. Quality goal keepers are anyway in short supply.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 27 Jun 2011, 08:58

neuro11 wrote:anyone knows whether Copa will be broadcasting in any of the ESPN or TEN Sports channels.... If not i will miss the matches...

You beat me to it. I was about to ask the same question and really want to know this.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 27 Jun 2011, 09:01

Lionel Messi wrote:

Oh yes. The then coach Alfio Basile went gaga over it. It was all going very well for Argentina. The team was playing beautifully with Juan Roman Riquelme set to be player of the tournament. Then came the final and an absolutely shocking loss to an under-strength Brazil that is still very difficult to digest. The time to right all the wrongs of four years ago is just round the corner.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:23

messixaviesta wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

Oh yes. The then coach Alfio Basile went gaga over it. It was all going very well for Argentina. The team was playing beautifully with Juan Roman Riquelme set to be player of the tournament. Then came the final and an absolutely shocking loss to an under-strength Brazil that is still very difficult to digest. The time to right all the wrongs of four years ago is just round the corner.
I was so heart broken when we lost, gotta give it up to Baptista though for the first goal, it was great finish. Unlucky for the last two though.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:25

messixaviesta wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Otamendi & Musacchio* for Milito & Garay, Ansaldi/Pillud for a FB. Forward line is fine. So are the midfielders. Maybe I would've given some of the Velez midfielders a chance, given that they just won the league and reached CL semi-finals.

*Note: I'm just basing this on reputation, I don't watch these 2 play nearly as much as I should.

Nice reply. Yes I too think the center backs could be chosen differently. As for full backs maybe he could have chosen one more in place of D.Milito or he could taken Ansaldi/Pillud instead of Rojo. I haven't seen anything much of any of these three players thus making it hard to comment on this. The midfielders are fine because the only one who doesn't play enough is Gago but he just looks a totally different player in the national team shirt. Maybe he could have taken one of the Velez midfielders instead of Biglia but then Cambiasso has called the latter his heir. Or else perhaps in place of D.Milito since he seems to be ending up as a pure passenger anyway. The rest of the forward line is as good as it gets. Quality goal keepers are anyway in short supply.
I agree, D Milito has no place in the squad, especially over LiLopez.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:00

Lionel Messi wrote:
I was so heart broken when we lost, gotta give it up to Baptista though for the first goal, it was great finish. Unlucky for the last two though.

I think it was mainly a question of marking Riquelme out of the game. As has been the sorry story of the mercurial talent's career he was once again ineffective in a big match and without him dictating play, our team had little idea what to do. Brazil used a double defensive pivot with sufficient physicality to render Riquelme and company ineffective in the center. They also used the pace of their full backs to hit us on one counter attack after another. We never looked like being in the game after a few minutes. It was very sad to watch. The misery was at full throttle when our legendary defender Roberto Ayala made a major mistake in what proved to be his last game for the Albiceleste.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:05

Lionel Messi wrote:

Actually initially I didn't expect him to select more than six forwards. However I can just about see some sense now. As per my speculation Batista intends to use Higuain in the last thirty minutes or so as a poacher type striker to get us a goal from somewhere especially if we are not comfortably leading yet. D.Milito is Higuain's injury backup and if nothing untoward happens he may either not play a single minute in the tournament or play in one meaningless game.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:51

messixaviesta wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

I think it was mainly a question of marking Riquelme out of the game. As has been the sorry story of the mercurial talent's career he was once again ineffective in a big match and without him dictating play, our team had little idea what to do. Brazil used a double defensive pivot with sufficient physicality to render Riquelme and company ineffective in the center. They also used the pace of their full backs to hit us on one counter attack after another. We never looked like being in the game after a few minutes. It was very sad to watch. The misery was at full throttle when our legendary defender Roberto Ayala made a major mistake in what proved to be his last game for the Albiceleste.
Yeah, the team was playing excellent football and were hot favorites to win, one of the worst days for me as a football fan, next to 06 WC and the pasilla

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:54

messixaviesta wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

Actually initially I didn't expect him to select more than six forwards. However I can just about see some sense now. As per my speculation Batista intends to use Higuain in the last thirty minutes or so as a poacher type striker to get us a goal from somewhere especially if we are not comfortably leading yet. D.Milito is Higuain's injury backup and if nothing untoward happens he may either not play a single minute in the tournament or play in one meaningless game.
Yeah I don't think he's going to play at all either but Lisandro is much better than him, he's younger much quicker and is an excellent finisher. D Milito never did much for the NT, mostly because Crespo was there and he was his backup

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 27 Jun 2011, 18:24

messixaviesta wrote:Cambiasso has called the latter his heir.
When did this happen? :?:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue 28 Jun 2011, 07:18

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
When did this happen? :?:

No idea. Just read a comment in some article.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri 01 Jul 2011, 05:10

Argentina vs Bolivia tomorrow Morning @ 2:45 AM (Catalonia Time, +2 GMT): "2 July Catalonia Time, 1 July Argentina Time"

Argentina coach Sergio Batista has confirmed that Tevez will be in the starting line-up in their Copa America opener. Lionel Messi and Ezequiel Lavezzi will accompany him in attack!!

`Argentina's starting XI against Bolivia (4-3-3), confirmed by Batista:

Romero
Zanetti, Burdisso, G. Milito, Rojo
Mascherano, Cambiasso, Banega
Tevez, Messi, Lavezzi

What do u think :?:

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1937/americas/2011/06/30/2555302/argentinas-sergio-batista-confirms-carlos-tevez-will-be-in
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri 01 Jul 2011, 06:39

khaled, it seems quite fine. The forward lineup will always be debatable. As for the midfield we suggested the idea of pushing Mascherano into defense and play Pastore. This gives greater attacking fluency but makes the midfield and thus the defense more vulnerable to counter-attacks. Both choices have their pros and cons and Batista has insisted right from before that Pastore will only be a substitute. Finally I may have used Zabaleta instead of Rojo but not totally sure. Other than that it's pretty much the best lineup we can get at the moment.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri 01 Jul 2011, 07:35

Khaledbarca wrote:Argentina vs Bolivia tomorrow Morning @ 2:45 AM (Catalonia Time, +2 GMT): "2 July Catalonia Time, 1 July Argentina Time"

Argentina coach Sergio Batista has confirmed that Tevez will be in the starting line-up in their Copa America opener. Lionel Messi and Ezequiel Lavezzi will accompany him in attack!!

`Argentina's starting XI against Bolivia (4-3-3), confirmed by Batista:

Romero
Zanetti, Burdisso, G. Milito, Rojo
Mascherano, Cambiasso, Banega
Tevez, Messi, Lavezzi

What do u think :?:

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1937/americas/2011/06/30/2555302/argentinas-sergio-batista-confirms-carlos-tevez-will-be-in
Wow Tevez starting, interesting, would have really preferred aguero over him but good line up in general

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri 01 Jul 2011, 07:38

Judging by the goal.com comments it seems Aguero and Tevez should start, my take is that Lavezzi has a very strong understanding with Messi their link up play is incredible, which is why I think Kun Messi Lavezzi is the best front line for me

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 01 Jul 2011, 07:46

Messi's open letter before the Copa

La Copa América que se jugará en nuestro país, bien cerca de mi gente, de mis afectos y del público argentino, significa todo para mí en este momento. Porque con mis compañeros estamos convencidos de que se le debe a la gente un premio importante después de tantos años sin ganar nada con la selección y porque tenemos la obligación y las ganas de dejar todo por este trofeo. Ver contento al público en nuestra propia casa es mi mayor deseo en este momento.

Siento que se armó algo bueno en esta preparación con el Checho y que todos los que estamos en este equipo tenemos el mismo objetivo, como siempre: ganar la Copa contra cualquier cosa que se nos cruce. El técnico tiene una idea y todos nosotros coincidimos. Conocí al Checho en los Juegos Olímpicos que ganamos en Pekín, sé cuál es su pensamiento y su estilo de juego. Tanto él como nosotros queremos que la selección juegue bien a la pelota, algo que, aunque parezca sencillo, es lo más difícil del fútbol.

La verdad es que estoy contento. Tengo la suerte de integrar un plantel con muchos amigos y a algunos muchachos los conozco desde hace bastante tiempo. Por todo esto es un momento lindo para mí. Sería espectacular empezar a lograr cosas con la camiseta argentina en nuestro suelo. Lo charlamos todo el tiempo entre nosotros: sabemos que el país nos acompañará con su respaldo, en las canchas o por televisión.

En lo futbolístico, he escuchado que muchos hablan y que están preocupados por la Messidependencia. Les digo algo, para que se queden tranquilos: este seleccionado intentará jugar con Messi y no para Messi. En este equipo no hay Messidependencia, de verdad, yo no lo siento así. Si uno repasa uno por uno a los jugadores que integran el plantel, se puede a dar cuenta de que son todos figuras, tipos importantes en sus equipos.

Lo que yo digo es que en la cancha no puede ganar un partido uno solo; hay once jugadores que pierden, ganan o empatan.

Otra cosa: la verdad, en serio, no esperaba todo el afecto que me brindaron en el último amistoso con Albania. Me puso muy feliz, pero muy feliz. Desde que volví al país recibí mucho cariño de la gente. Tal vez, a veces, me sentí muy discutido en la selección, por cómo se me dieron las cosas, pero la verdad es que ahora siento el afecto de la gente desde muy cerca y espero devolverle todo eso de una manera que para mí es más fácil que hablar ante los medios: jugando al fútbol.

He tenido la suerte de festejar muchos goles en lo que va de mi carrera, pero esos goles son una circunstancia; lo más lindo es el fútbol como juego, para buscar llegar al arco de enfrente y ganar.

Lo que más deseo, cuando faltan sólo horas para el comienzo de este torneo, es ser importante para el equipo. Pero desde ya les digo que cambiaría cualquier cosa, incluso todos los goles y todos los premios, por ganar algo con el seleccionado. Desde que juego en la selección nunca pudimos conseguir el objetivo, en la Copa o en un Mundial, ojalá que ahora se dé. Es lo que más quiero.

I'm sure it'll show up in English sometimes soon

In the bold part he claims that he would switch every title he ever won, individual or club, for the WC.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeslayer Fri 01 Jul 2011, 07:56

Guys, any idea where Copa America will be broadcast in India?
shadeslayer
shadeslayer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 01 Jul 2011, 08:03

https://www.youtube.com/copaamerica
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:17

Wow that was a very nice letter from Messi and a very good read, it really shows how much he cares about his country

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:20

http://www.goal.com/en/teams/argentina/208/argentina/profile
Excellent piece on Messi

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat 02 Jul 2011, 05:15

my ratings and review of the Argentina side:

Disappointment at the Estadio Ciudad de La Plata, Argentina struggled to find the chances against the hard working and defensively discipline Bolivians.

Romero: 6.5 - Made a couple great saves including a game saving 1v1 stop, after the defense went to sleep, was shaky on a couple clearances, though.

Zanetti: 7 - Solid as always, got forward well and defended well, expected from the veteran.

Milito: 6 - Fell asleep during key moments but other than that was somewhat solid.

Burdisso: 6.5 - Got forward well on occasion defended well but as Milito fell asleep during key moments.

Rojo: 6 - Quiet performance from the young left back.

Mascherano: 7 - Did very well defensively dropping back as a 3rd cb and distributed well.

FLOP No Banega: 5.5 - Disappointment from the underrated center midfielder, caused a high-profile mistake on a miscontrol on the goal line which resulted in an own goal. Seemed out of depth and struggled to find space.

Cambiasso: 6 - Got forward but was in all the wrong positions and missed an easy chance.

Lavezzi: 6.5 - Made very good use of his acceleration and pace, worked hard but could not find the composure at times to put in a good ball.

Messi: 6.5 - Had a good first half, sliced through the Bolivian defense many times but had trouble making himself apart of play during the second half when dropped back to partner Banega in the center of midfield.

Tevez: 5.5 - Disappointing from the Man City captain, missed a few easy chances, including an open header in front of goal in the opening minutes and did not do well linking up with the rest of the team.

Di Maria: 7 - Came in for Cambiasso and took Tevez's spot and Tevez replaced Messi up front. Brought pace trickery and quick feet. Although his touch let him down a few times, was a good replacement for the quiet cuchu.

TOP ⭐ Aguero: 7.5 - Super sub. Came on linked up well, got through the defense brilliantly and scored an absolutely stunning volley.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat 02 Jul 2011, 05:36

Matchday #1: Argentina 1 - 1 Bolivia

btw lol @ Messi haters..
in first half messi was playing as false 9.. he was argentina's best player dribbling bolivian defence (3,4 players) creating 3, 4 chances..

but in 2nd half he was playing Just in the midfield :O WTF!!!

he is not CM or CAM!!!

Di Maria made a very gd impact, but some times he overdribbled..

2nd match, argentina should start with:

Cambiasso- Masch
----------Pastore------------
Aguero - Messi - Di Maria

btw Burdisso & G.Milito sucks in defebce..

plus i don't know what was Banega thinking, trying to control a ball on the goalline!! WTF.. just Shoott it!!

Last edited by Khaledbarca on Sat 02 Jul 2011, 05:42; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat 02 Jul 2011, 05:37

I agree Khaled, Banega made a horrible mistake

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor