Napoli's Mazzarri: Conte reminds me of myself

Go down

Napoli's Mazzarri: Conte reminds me of myself  Empty Napoli's Mazzarri: Conte reminds me of myself

Post by DeviAngel Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri has claimed that that he can see a lot of himself in Juventus counterpart Antonio Conte.

Napoli's Mazzarri: Conte reminds me of myself  174882hp2

With the Partenopei having seen off Siena on Wednesday night to progress to the final of the Coppa Italia, Mazzarri will have to outwit the Bianconeri boss if he is secure his first piece of silverware since arriving at the San Paolo in 2009.

The Tuscan is looking forward to the challenge, admitting that he has something of a soft spot for Conte given his perceived similarities between the two.

"I am a bit older than him and have a few more years behind me as a coach," Mazzarri mused in an interview with Sky Sport24.

"He reminds me of the Mazzarri of the early years. I am a bit more relaxed than him, but I'm happy for him that he is living every game, because a few years ago it was said that he was a coach who was too animated on the bench and could not coach a big club.

"This, for me, is a victory for that reason, because Conte is doing very well and he's at a great club."

Before Mazzarri can get too excited about May's Coppa Italia showdown with Juve in Rome, he must first focus his attention on finishing in the Champions League places in Serie A, with the fourth-placed Partenopei set to host Catania on Sunday.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum