RedOranje
McAgger
poolsupporter
22 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

raheem sterling - Raheem Sterling - Page 9 Empty Re: Raheem Sterling

Post by Abramovich Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 17:24

You guys are starting to sound a little like Arsenal fans :/.

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 17:36

I would still keep him for the next season :coffee: no matter what he said in the interview. It is our job an an employer to get maximum out of him till he is under contract with us.

In case if he sulking and not giving 100%, let him rot on the bench or with the reserves, or make him train separately as we did with Suarez. But dont sell him, no *bleep* is greater than club.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 17:38

I don't want players that don't want to be here.

If it's just a tactic and he wants more money, I'm fine with that. But if he actually meant it and wants to play for a team that apparently can win trophies, he's welcome to *bleep* off.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 17:43

First media beat up, his going to sign soon, it's all media.

Now it's his got every right to ask to be moving for trophies, chose one brah Lulz.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 17:47

No, I dont want players to set a trend that when they want to leave the club, the follow the same foot steps as Raheem and they have a free ticket to get out of here. No *bleep* no, we should keep him and show that we wont sell just because the player holds to club to ransom. I would only sell him for 50m or more and that too later we have equally talented replacement who earn little similar wages, that would make both financially and footballwise (more or less) sense, then it is a different case. But I doubt any sane club would offer 50m for Sterling Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 17:52

Lets hope city are *bleep* dumb enough, Chelsea were last time, surely someone will come, his *bleep* English, did you hear that city, his *bleep* English.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 17:58

Let me tell you something, had this contract situation with Sterling not happened and he was just focused with us, if someone offered 60m+ I would still sell him in a heart beat.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 18:43

Some Jamaican tunes from the boy from Jamaica dedicated to the Jamaican Born Englishmen.

Cause remember guys "Everything's going to be alright" cause this is just media hype, that BBC media back stab hype, hahahahaha.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 18:44

well 60m would trigger anyones brain hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 18:54

I'd sell anyone in this squad for 60m except Coutinho and Ibe probably. Personal opinion.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 19:07

Coutinho is the only player I wouldn't sell for any price in this current squad.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 4 Apr 2015 - 5:59

Don't call me James wrote:Coutinho is the only player I wouldn't sell for any price in this current squad.

Won't be long before interest in him comes along and he kicks out a fuss too lmao.

mr-r34 wrote:Don't even mention Torres is this lol, if you look at the deal alone we got out on top.

Definitely.

Sold Torres for 50m only to change the whole way we played to accommodate Andy Carroll (who cost 35m, and later spent 20m on Downing to link up with him). What a deal. Proud

mr-r34 wrote:This is what we do hahahaha, he named 1 *bleep* player that we've done it with and one potential.

This is what we *bleep* do, hahahahahahaha lost it aye.

THIS IS ALL WE DO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NAMES *bleep* 2 PLAYERSSSSSSS

HAHAHAHA THIS IS ALL WE DO

HAHAHAH *bleep* NAMES 2 PLAYERS

HAHAHAH THIS IS ALL WE *bleep* DO

HAHAHAHAHA

Owen, Torres, Masche, Alonso, Suarez... Sterling potentially. Coutinho soon. Pretty much all left trophies. Key players. But yes, there was only 2 of them.

HAHAHAHA

Only took years to replace them

AHAHHAA

Only for the trend to continue

AHAHHAHA

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat 4 Apr 2015 - 6:59

hahahaha you still persist with that torres BS, teh guy was *bleep* useless *bleep* when we sold him.

Honestly naming players who left and become nothing adds nothing to your argument.

You have suarez masch and alonso, lol.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 4 Apr 2015 - 7:10

Become nothing yet won the FA cup, CL and the Europa. AND on top of that got a pay rise. Terrible choice by him. Proud

"Useless"

It was clear his head was turned, but we replaced him with a player that was a tier below him, and we suffered for years as a result.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat 4 Apr 2015 - 8:39

LOL yeah he was the driving force behind all them wins, the legacy he created for himself after he left us was one that everyone will remember him for being a sub par player, when doing a Torres isn't a good thing....
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 1:20

Quickly establishing a portfolio of examples on how NOT to manage a PR campaign.

Between his representatives less-than-subtle leaks to the media over contracts early on, his own misjudged interview with the BBC, and his latest issues with substance use (shisha smoking and now apparently N2O) he seems to be actively trying to make the club's position in negotiations as strong as possible. Only saving grace for him in the latest controversy is that the story appears to have originated with the scum newspaper, which means that, while the club have seemingly confirmed its validity (going by post-match comments) it will struggle to gain traction with LFC's fanbase, especially at this time of year.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 3:40

I don't get Sterling at all honestly.

You would think if your trying to strong arm the club you wouldn't be so careless with what your doing, either that or maybe people are just searching for extra controversy since there contract saga.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 4:17

That's definitely a possibility, mr. Sterling is still a very young man though, and as such prone to the lapses in judgment common amongst people his age. He hasn't fully matured as a person or a player... which is not a criticism by any means, so things like this aren't hugely surprising.

That said, if you're going to demand the wages of a fully developed, matured professional player then you damned well should be expected to act like one. He's doing himself no favors at the moment.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 4:36

RedOranje wrote:That's definitely a possibility, mr. Sterling is still a very young man though, and as such prone to the lapses in judgment common amongst people his age. He hasn't fully matured as a person or a player... which is not a criticism by any means, so things like this aren't hugely surprising.

That said, if you're going to demand the wages of a fully developed, matured professional player then you damned well should be expected to act like one. He's doing himself no favors at the moment.

Funny thing is, he clearly isn't mature enough to see that.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 4:46

Funny is one way to describe it, I suppose.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 4:51

Funny from an outsiders perspective.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 7:26

He's 20, I don't expect 20-yo pro athletes to keep from doing any of the 20-yo stuff just because they're pro athletes. Good on those who don't do any of that stuff, but it's too much to expect it as a rule. And anyway, Sterling is obviously in great physical condition, I don't think there's a worry here.

But what I wanted to talk about him is his dribbling. I find it very difficult to know whether his dribbling is 6.5/10 or 8.5/10. So to speak. Is he average or very good at it.

I think most people's perception is that Sterling is a good dribbler. However, this Newcastle game reminded me of his shortcomings in dribbling. He quite often takes a heavy touch when dribbling and the ball goes too far, either to a defender or out of bounds. And, to me, he's not very good at chancing direction when dribbling. The pace and agility are obviously there, but he seems to lack technique to really twist and turn the defender with his dribbling. It's mostly just a quick burst of acceleration that either takes him past the defender (like when he scored the goal against Newcastle and Taylor was left standing) or then doesn't get him anywhere.

So, I'm having trouble knowing what is Raheem's level at dribbling. Is it more down to his quickness or is he technically very good at it, too? I honestly am not sure, because my recollection of his dribbling is that he occasionally does great dribbles, but also quite often gets nowhere with it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 8:03

Can't dribble or finish yet.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 8:15

He has an awful shot. Unbelievable how many times he scuffs shots. Really needs to improve that because he will never be world class with that weak ass shot.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 10:16

He's 20, I don't expect 20-yo pro athletes to keep from doing any of the 20-yo stuff just because they're pro athletes. Good on those who don't do any of that stuff, but it's too much to expect it as a rule.
I agree, but as a general perception.

If a 20-year old loves maths, painting he/she wouldn't do something that would hamper those. On the other hand, if a 20-year old is asked do something that he doesn't like (run the family business while he/she wants to be a singer); he/she is more than likely to do stuff that would hamper the things bestowed upon him/her. Football wasn't forced upon Raheem, he choose that. So why do stuff that's going to ruin your career???

Yes, 20-year old kids are likely to have exuberance that will nudge them off the track once in while. I remember Gerrard used to be very indiscipline on the field. One season he got 5-6 red cards and LFC was fined for that. Then, you may have those occasional speeding tickets or bar-brawls.

But what Raheem has done isn't like those.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue 14 Apr 2015 - 11:46

Sterling definitely is not a consistent dribbler like other players but mind you, he is still one of the top dribblers in PL, already at this age. As Marty said, the Newcastle goal was more about sudden change of pace. He uses that more often than only dribbling imo.

All said, we have to keep Sterling for one more season no matter what. I would take the risk to lose him for lesser fee with one year left on his contract. I think even with 1 year we can get a hefty amount given the competition between clubs who will want to have him. Also, in case if he starts the next season firing on all cylinders, by January we can offer him a bumper mega deal.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next