RedOranje
McAgger
poolsupporter
22 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

raheem sterling - Raheem Sterling - Page 2 Empty Re: Raheem Sterling

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:33 am

Red Alert wrote:How is he not good enough when he has 2 goals, a penalty win (not sure if that counts as an assist) in 4 games? He's our best "wide" player after Coutinho, and Coutinho's been too busy playing in the centre so far this season. He should be starting in that right wing role infront of Henderson.

All Sterling really needs is confidence and he'll get that with first team experience.
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, just No! He's not good enough for us at the moment.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:09 am

He's still the best we have out wide ffs. And he's still very raw. Sterling at 18 was a lot better than Suarez was at Groningen, when Luis was like 19/20...

Who's better at the moment? Moses? Luis Alberto? Aspas? Laughing No chance.

2 goals and an assist in 4 starts. But yeah, let's write him off. He's just not that good enough. I mean, only Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge have more goals than he does despite having limited game time... No 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:13 am

Read my other comment, I said he's got all the talent in the world to be a very good player for us in the future. BUT at the moment he's nto good enough to start for LFC. You really can't argue with my point.

Also don't just look at stats. Take Alberto for example, Sterling has had 5 times the minutes Alberto has but performance wise he really hasn't proved himself to be any more useful than the young Spaniard.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:24 am

What are you on about?

Again, who's "better" that should be starting? You've already written him off ffs.

The only reason Sterling's getting MORE game time is because he's SHOWN a lot more than Alberto. What exactly has Alberto shown? Yes he can keep possession, but he's done absolutely nothing to warrant a start over Sterling at the moment. There's your reason he has 5 times more game time.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:28 am

I am little confused here, "Good Enough" and the "The Best we have " are we considering them as the same things?? scratch 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:32 am

He's stating that he should be dropped for not being "good enough".

I'm saying he's "the best we have" in that position so should be starting.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:58 am

I think Sterling is good enough to start for us here and there, but take a note that not a regular first team player. He has talent, even skills at his feet to do something. He can be even better when cou and Suarez are getting all attention. He just needs confidence to more than he can do right now.
But the other thing is, if goes to some shit PL club and be their man with some more responsibility than now, he will learn quickly than he is now and will help to boost his confidence. I think BR uses sterling because of his pace right now.

In Studge absence, we can use Alberto also with 1 or 2 starts here and there. I guess Alberto has more skills to be a good MF. In Norwich game, when Mig gave him the ball near the half line, he calmly collected it when he was about to be pressurised from three players and tried to play 1-2 with Cou to get the ball out of that zone but Cou lost the ball. In those three quick big fixtures, we can surely use Alberto to keep the ball more which will really help against these teams.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Red Alert wrote:What are you on about?

Again, who's "better" that should be starting? You've already written him off ffs.

The only reason Sterling's getting MORE game time is because he's SHOWN a lot more than Alberto. What exactly has Alberto shown? Yes he can keep possession, but he's done absolutely nothing to warrant a start over Sterling at the moment. There's your reason he has 5 times more game time.
Writing him off would be if I said, Sterling is shit and should be sold. I'm recognizing he has talent, I always have but he's definitely not going to help a team vying for the top 4 being a regular starter week in week out. I don't mind him being a 'super sub' or whatever but hated that he's getting started.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Red Alert wrote:He's stating that he should be dropped for not being "good enough".

I'm saying he's "the best we have" in that position so should be starting.
Hmmm so i guess we both can agree on the fact that serious improvements are required in that position??

Plus I sort of feel Moses is better with more run of games he would prove to be more effective!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:57 am

The thing with Sterling is that we haven't played with high-wingers this season (4-3-3/4-2-3-1).

We've predominantly played with wing-backs (3-5-2) or two AMs (4-2-2-2), but rarely have we employed attacking wingers. Sterling isn't the best option at wing-back or AM, therefore he's not gotten a run of games.

I do, however, think he has a legitimate case for being the best true winger on the squad. Moses has more experience, and is more polished even at 22. However, Raheem has arguably performed better in his chances this season.

The thing with Sterling is that he's not good enough (yet) to force a change in the squad setup. As long as we're not playing in a setup that requires two out-and-out wingers, he won't get the time he needs to develop at LFC. Even though he still has something to offer to the squad, it might be best for all parties if he were to go out on loan. Regular football in real competitions will give him the opportunity to develop in a way that our U21s and subs bench simply cannot.

Let me just add that I don't think he's going to go out at this point (at least not this season). He's right on the edge of the first team, and I doubt Rodgers would forfeit a potentially valuable option in the now, even for Sterling's potential in the future. Now, we'll see what happens if we get a few, more-established wide-attackers in the next two windows.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:08 am

10/10 for DTR
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:08 am

5 starts, 3 goals, 1 assist. :bow:

Could easily had 2 assists if Sakho didn't miss from 5 yards either.

Was key in us scoring our first 2. Firstly, winning possession back and passing it to Suarez (which Luis went on to score) and the second where he played a wonderful diagonal ball to Coutinho. Amazing performance lad. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:58 am

His movement off the ball has been excellent, running behind defenders and getting in good positions. At times against West Ham and Tottenham he was playing more like a striker than a winger, at least in terms of the runs clear on through he's been looking to make off defenders' shoulders.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:01 pm

his passing game has improved by leaps and bounds compared to last season. His shooting has also improved compared to his usual standards, but he can still improve on that much more. His shots both from left and right foot were good. In the 90th minute, his pass to send suarez through for 1 on 1 chance was amazing, Proud his game reading and positioning has alsi improved, now he manages to find space between the players and get the ball, carry it forward. The lad is just 18, he just needs to keep improving as he is now :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:20 am

The headless chicken is slowly starting to win over the Liverpool section again. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:21 am

The headless chicken is slowly starting to win over the Liverpool section again. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:52 pm

People were so quick to bash Sterling when he was having a dip in form (SHOCKER FOR 18 YEAR OLD) and blame him for all our poor result, but no bump now that he's been comfortably one of our top performers this past month ? Excellent again against both Hull and OldHam. Making himself undroppable.

Sterling....just turned 19. He's *bleep* boss.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:03 pm

Yeah he's been fantastic the past month. I think he's finally figured out his limitations and what he and cannot do. He uses his pace so much better now. He's added end product to his game which is massive. His finishing still leaves a lot to be desired but he's only 19 and can only improve. He even works harder now. Great great asset to have. It will definitely be a selection headache for Rodgers as to who he will drop from the lineup when Sturridge is ready to start again.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:19 am

Natalie Portman wrote:People were so quick to bash Sterling when he was having a dip in form (SHOCKER FOR 18 YEAR OLD) and blame him for all our poor result, but no bump now that he's been comfortably one of our top performers this past month ? Excellent again against both Hull and OldHam. Making himself undroppable.

Sterling....just turned 19. He's *bleep* boss.

Speak for yourselves. :coffee:

He's been as good, if not better than Coutinho since the West Ham game (that was after Hull defeat right?)

Glad he's just got the chance to get consistent game time.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 pm

The video's been removed, if someone's got another source would be great.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Laughing
I think just before you, even Nish watched it, unfortunately you seem to be late :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:15 am

A STAR IS BORN

"I realised I need to stop being shy among the senior boys," Sterling told the Daily Mirror. "The best way of proving yourself is on the pitch. I had to be more confident.

"I wasn't confident enough to have a shot myself and instead I'd pass it to someone like Luis Suarez.

"I needed to be more confident again -- you have to respect the senior players around you but you have to stamp your own mark on the game.

"He [my uncle] knows my game and he asked the club for a couple of DVDs from last season when I'd played well. He wanted to show me the difference.

"Last season, I'd have beaten a man in two touches and raced away. Suddenly, I was going safe, passing to someone else. I didn't realise I was doing it.

"I just said to myself that I had to step up and start running at defenders again; taking responsibility. I've also had the chance to do that week in, week out. I can feel a bit of momentum now."

"When I first came in, the pressure to win was difficult for us, but I think the big change for us is we expect to win now.

"We were never that confident to consistently do it. But now because of the level and consistency of our work we go into every game expecting to win, and never more so than at Anfield.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1707261?&cc=3436
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:25 am

I thought the same when I read that :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:26 pm

I honestly can't believe the transformation and growth sterling has had in the past year, wow. From being ridiculed for his lack of football intelligence, to what he is doing now, definitely the most improved for us, i'm happy he got 2 goals today, his proving a lot of his doubters wrong, myself included.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry