Mourinho Reminiscent about "Home" Inter

+4
Swanhends
Bellabong
Die Borussen
Arquitecto
8 posters

Go down

Mourinho Reminiscent about "Home" Inter  Empty Mourinho Reminiscent about "Home" Inter

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:26 am

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has revealed that would never rule out returning "home" to Inter.

The Portuguese led the Nerazzurri to the treble in 2010 before making the move to the Santiago Bernabeu.

However, there have been reports that Mourinho will leave Los Blancos in the summer and he has now fanned the flames of speculation by admitting that he is open to rejoining Inter, albeit on the proviso that former technical director Gabriele Oriali is also welcomed back to Appiano Gentile.

"Inter is my home; a return home is always possible," the two-time Champions League winner told Sky Sport Italia. "It's the same with 'Lele' - he must go home."

Inter have appointed former youth team boss Andrea Stramaccioni as coach until the end of the season following the dismissal of former boss Claudio Ranieri as the Italian club continue to endure a disappointing campaign.

Mourinho was keen to wish the former all the better, while at the same time offering his commiserations to the latter.

"Like all the Inter fans I want him [Stramaccioni] to do well," he told Sky Sport.

"I'm sorry for Ranieri, but football is like this. When things go wrong, coaches are changed."

Mourinho also had some kind words for a familiar face in the Sky Sport studio, former Inter defender Marco Materazzi.

"I miss him a lot, but we are close now and we always will be," he said of the 2006 World Cup winner. "I'm sure he's happy with our result today [Tuesday]. For me, he will always be a brother."

Inter are currently eighth in Serie A, 10 points out of the Champions League qualification places.

How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.

My personal opinion? These words are not a surprise as multiple times Mourinho has stated how much he misses Inter along with repeating his fanship and weekly dedication (to watch) to Inter. So judging by the amount of times he muses on the team and the country, I wouldn't be surprised an iota if Mou makes his return to his favorite club.

Personally I wouldn't want this as we would again have to face his weekly menutia of words.

But do you see it happening?

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Mourinho Reminiscent about "Home" Inter  Empty Re: Mourinho Reminiscent about "Home" Inter

Post by Die Borussen Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:34 am

nah, at least not right after madrid. he will return to EPL.. maybe after EPL...

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Mourinho Reminiscent about "Home" Inter  Empty Re: Mourinho Reminiscent about "Home" Inter

Post by Bellabong Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:38 am

Nah he'll go to Bayern for a Bundesliga title in a collect all domestic trophy's bid as well as lead Bayern to a double quintuple and then take Anzhi to unfathomed heights followed by leading Santos to their best period ever.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:43 am

Phritz wrote:Nah he'll go to Bayern for a Bundesliga title in a collect all domestic trophy's bid as well as lead Bayern to a double quintuple and then take Anzhi to unfathomed heights followed by leading Santos to their best period ever.

:bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:28 am

deadrave wrote:nah, at least not right after madrid. he will return to EPL.. maybe after EPL...

deadrave wrote:nah, at least not right after madrid. he will return to EPL.. maybe after EPL...
ot immo

I'm speaking on point of his future career and not an imminent return.

You point on the EPL is accurate as I see this return inevitable.

Yet Mou quite obviously harbors a public love for Italia, its league and especially Inter as stated in many of his past interviews.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:31 am

He has already said that he sees himself in EPL in 2 years (aka when his contract is over)

Plus he bought a house in England... So yeah, EPL is his next destination if you ask me.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomasso Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:37 am

I don't think he will... I agree with you in principle that he's nostalgic about Inter, which is clearly the club he feels the most connection to of all the teams he's managed. At the same time I feel that Mourinho will always stick to his "quit while ahead" philosophy. He's already won everything he can win at Inter, so why would he come back when he already has legend status. He can only do worse than a treble and I think that's the way he sees it.

Arquitecto wrote:
Yet Mou quite obviously harbors a public love for Italia, its league and especially Inter as stated in many of his past interviews.

Mourinho's love is only for Inter. He said in an interview that he doesn't like the league or the Italian media. I'm new so I can't post links, but you can see it if you go to YouTube and type "Mourinho Italian Football". It's the first video.
Tomasso
Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:43 am

Let him win the treble with another club.. Then we will see which is his home lol
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:46 am

Tomasso wrote:I don't think he will... I agree with you in principle that he's nostalgic about Inter, which is clearly the club he feels the most connection to of all the teams he's managed. At the same time I feel that Mourinho will always stick to his "quit while ahead" philosophy. He's already won everything he can win at Inter, so why would he come back when he already has legend status. He can only do worse than a treble and I think that's the way he sees it.

Arquitecto wrote:

Mourinho's love is only for Inter. He said in an interview that he doesn't like the league or the Italian media. I'm new so I can't post links, but you can see it if you go to YouTube and type "Mourinho Italian Football". It's the first video.

I have to disagree based on what I read after Mourinho left as he professed his love for Calcio.

Mourinho was known not to like the Italian press and the FIGC only. As otherwise his initial motive to come to Inter was to ply his trade in a league he was said to watch when young while also supporting his club, Setubal.

And of course many of his private interviews speak not only about Inter but positive words on the league, country and the italian mentality.

I suspect your confusing it with his dislike with the press and the authority of FIGC.

All this information is a cumulative basis of what I have read and heard him speak about. And frankly, its quite surprising to me as well as I had the same idea as you possessed.

Mou (also by his other interviews and statements) wants to come back to Inter simply because he is a dedicated Inter fanatic and considers it like his own. Its not a rational decision but more based on his personal yearning.

And thats really what I know from what I have gathered.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:15 am

no! his home is in chelsea
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:21 am

fatman123 wrote:no! his home is in chelsea

Yeah the club that kicked him out lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomasso Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:26 am

Interesting perspective.

I agree with you that Mourinho clearly is nostalgic for Inter but I feel his rational brain will always override what his personal yearning as you describe it. He wants to be the greatest manager of all time and he has already done it all with Inter.

That said, I can see Mourinho coming back in 5-10 years after his probable England adventure and being given tenure. Mourinho's greatest career moment happened at Inter and naturally it is a happy place for him.

Tomasso
Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomasso Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:26 am

Mourinho would disagree with you.
Tomasso
Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:29 am

Crimson wrote:

Yeah the club that kicked him out lmao

but i want him back Sad
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum