izzy
Mr Nick09
McLewis
Great Leader Sprucenuce
viepr149
Blue Barrett
11 posters

Go down

Further proof that AVB was a terrible man manager Empty Further proof that AVB was a terrible man manager

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Salomon Kalou's comments when he was asked about his future:
“As a footballer you want to be on the pitch but if the manager chooses to put you aside there is nothing you can do,” he said. “You have to respect his ­decision and wait for the right opportunity. Hopefully, this is a new beginning and everything will be all right.

“Robbie has come in and given me the chance to play more and I’m very happy with that. I have worked hard and showed there is no reason why I shouldn’t be in the team. I think every time I get to play, I fight for the team. I’ve never put myself first before the club. I never think there is no way I shouldn’t have a future at the club.”

“Yes. I’ve been at the club for six years, I enjoy being here. Everyone feels like family at the club. There is no reason why I don’t want to stay.

“There is more opportunity now and we have a lot of games coming. Robbie is here to make the team work well so he is giving the chance to everyone.”

But it has been a difficult year for me with the contract and all that. Maybe Andre was building a new team and he was maybe thinking I wasn’t part of the future of the club. I had been told that because I didn’t sign the contract I was not allowed to play.

“It has been a hard season not playing. As a player you want to get involved more, you want to help the team to win and also for yourself, you want to score more goals and show you’re a better player than people think.

“If you don’t get on the pitch, it is very hard to show that every weekend. I feel like maybe sometimes the club never gave me the opportunity to show what I can do. That is a really big frustration.”

So he did not allow Kalou to play just because Kalou had not renewed his contract? And this is after he had banished Alex & Anelka from the training ground and the club buildings in general. Even prohibiting them from PARKING THEIR CARS at the training ground. Preventing Anelka from attending a dinner with his teammates just before he left.

What sort of arrogance is that? Even Sir Alex or Mourinho would never do such a thing.

Let me remind you of Anelka's comments when he left Chelsea:
"Ever since I was punished they put me with the youngsters.

"I've got all the kit and equipment that professionals have but they put me in a separate changing room - that's football for you.

"One day, you can be there scoring goals and doing all you have to do for your club but the day you leave there is no pity.

"That's why the day you do decide to leave you have to do what you have to do and have no sadness either, because there are no friends in football.

"That's the truth. It's sad to say but that's the truth. It's a collective sport but it's also very individual.

"It's true that I could have had a better career but I know I've succeeded and I'm proud of that when I go back to France, back to the suburbs I came from, the guys there are proud of me.

"They know I never gave up. I took plenty of knocks but I'm still here. Shanghai is Asia's New York. I love the way they live here. I often come here on holiday. This is my last contract."

What do you make of this?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Further proof that AVB was a terrible man manager Empty Re: Further proof that AVB was a terrible man manager

Post by viepr149 Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Cool story bro.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Further proof that AVB was a terrible man manager Empty Re: Further proof that AVB was a terrible man manager

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:42 pm

I think AVB was slowly but surely sorting out the deep rooted issues Chelsea has and would have made Chelsea a force again but Terry and Lamps and the rest had to throw thier toys out the pram.

You may get to a Semi final but the future under AVB would have been brighter.

Typical short term fix to a long term problem......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:43 pm

This type of stuff happens when you come into a club with so many big personalities.

AVB didn't have this problem with Porto so while everyone was worried about how he'd acclimate tactically to the English game, the real struggle for AVB has always been the dressing room and getting the stars under control as well as winning their respect. Without that, he was never going to last long. He just tried too much too soon. A lesson he perhaps has taken to heart hopefully.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
What sort of arrogance is that? Even Sir Alex or Mourinho would never do such a thing.

Mourinho once blocked Pedro Leon's parking spot to discourage him mentally so that he would actively look for a way out. :vagi:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think AVB was slowly but surely sorting out the deep rooted issues Chelsea has and would have made Chelsea a force again but Terry and Lamps and the rest had to throw thier toys out the pram.

You may get to a Semi final but the future under AVB would have been brighter.

Typical short term fix to a long term problem......
One of the main problems I had with him was that for a man apparently looking into the future, he didn't even give the youngsters a chance. NOT A CHANCE AT ALL. Lukaku was being grossly misused. He sent Josh McEachran on loan when we really could have used him this season and it could have helped him. No other youngster even got a look.

You can't deny that this is just not how its done. He was trying to stamp his "authority" by playing it very arrogant and cocky. Not the way you handle things, especially when the players are about your age.

All this huff & puff about Lampard and Terry is complete pile of tosh! Meireles continued to perform poorly but he chose to play him EVERY TIME over Lampard who, despite not in his best form, was playing way better. Continued to play Bosingwa who is just a catastrophe waiting to happen while putting Ivanovic at CB.......and we still had Alex. This man made sooooo many mistakes. Don't blame it on the players.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Mourinho once blocked Pedro Leon's parking spot to discourage him mentally so that he would actively look for a way out. :vagi:
They probably had a problem with each other for whatever reason.

I have not seen Mourinho turn a player into an outcast just because the player requested a transfer or has not signed a new contract.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

That's disgusting.

Leon should of hit him.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:50 pm

AVB a bad coach after half of season? Shocked

AVB was the right man for Chelsea and if he was given the time he would have made Chelsea a force again.

Its easy to blame him but if you look at Chelsea recent games they have been really lucky to win the CL games and getting some points vs EPL teams.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:AVB a bad coach after half of season? Shocked

AVB was the right man for Chelsea and if he was given the time he would have made Chelsea a force again.

Its easy to blame him but if you look at Chelsea recent games they have been really lucky to win the CL games and getting some points vs EPL teams.
Nowhere in my OP did I mention that he was a bad coach.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:52 pm

izzy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

That's disgusting.

Leon should of hit him.
or may be another Marca BS lol.I havent heard about it,pedro leaon did train with us.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:54 pm

You seriously dont think that the old guard to be replaced with young blood( not all at once obviously)

You are making the same mistake Milan and Inter have done, holding on to your legends for far too long.....

Unless something is done soon you will just keep going backwards.

Infact you already are, may i remind you that instead of battling for the title like your club aspires to you are fighting off competition from Us for 5th place.....

Yes lowly Newcastle who were 12th this time last year are level on points with you with 8 games to go.

Harsh reality, but its the truth.

We are closer to the CL spots than you are to winning the league.

My how the mighty has fallen.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Don't blame it on the players.

So you honestly think they're completely blameless in this? Interesting.

I honestly think they had their part in this whole fiasco and they certainly played it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Adit wrote:
izzy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

That's disgusting.

Leon should of hit him.
or may be another Marca BS lol.I havent heard about it,pedro leaon did train with us.

Fair enough. Nick, provide a credible link please.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:58 pm

That Anelka story is sad.

No 32 year old professional player should ever be forced to use the youth team locker room or train with the youth team instead of the first team.

It's a disgraceful childish measure by him, especially when Anelka is a player who...considering their current situation could've actually helped them.

One does not need to translate personal feuds or whatever they had betweeen them to the pitch.

Respect points dropped.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Pedro Leon travelled to every game.

Mou was an idiot with that situation though........he needs to stop taking out his issues with the media on the players they highlight.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You seriously dont think that the old guard to be replaced with young blood( not all at once obviously)

You are making the same mistake Milan and Inter have done, holding on to your legends for far too long.....

Unless something is done soon you will just keep going backwards.

Infact you already are, may i remind you that instead of battling for the title like your club aspires to you are fighting off competition from Us for 5th place.....

Yes lowly Newcastle who were 12th this time last year are level on points with you with 8 games to go.

Harsh reality, but its the truth.

We are closer to the CL spots than you are to winning the league.

My how the mighty has fallen.
Nowhere did I say I don't think the old guard should not be replaced. In fact, I actually said AVB refused to give the youngsters a chance, if you read one of my posts. We all know the old guard are done. There's no question about that. Don't misunderstand me here.

My point is this: AVB had ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to sell and buy whoever he wanted. He had TWO transfer markets to make decision. He had almost 2 months(or more) in the summer to make replacements but he chose to stick with those players. He had the January transfer window to make any quick buys and you know Abramovich will ALWAYS provide the money for that. He chose not to. What makes his decision terrible is that he kept sticking with POOR players.

Can you imagine playing Bosingwa, who is a terrible RB, at LB against Napoli while Ashley Cole was fit? Did you see his team selection against Napoli? While that was the peak of his horrible team selections, he actually made several other terrible selections in the league.

A manager is supposed to play to his players' strengths, not force his players to play to his strengths. John Terry is still a world class CB. But he's 31 and is not as fast as he used to be so you cannot expect him to play a high line defense perfectly. A manager is supposed to bring the best out of his players.

I was in support of his sacking just like I was in support of Big Phil's sacking. We would have been out of the CL and the FA Cup if AVB was still at the helm and I doubt we would even be above your Newcastle.

He wouldn't even have the luxury to buy the players he wants in the summer if he's not in the CL.

He got sooo many things wrong.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 pm

McLewis wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Don't blame it on the players.

So you honestly think they're completely blameless in this? Interesting.

I honestly think they had their part in this whole fiasco and they certainly played it.
Of course they probably had a part to play in it to some degree, but nowhere as much as the media has made it out to be.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:13 pm

izzy wrote:
Adit wrote:
izzy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

That's disgusting.

Leon should of hit him.

Fair enough. Nick, provide a credible link please.

I personally dont recall where it is from, just one of those funny stories running around, i will see if i can find the source.

However, Pedro Leon said after leaving "I left humiliated"

Also, in El Larguero which is a radio show in Spain, an inspector of work that Pedro Leon's agent called because of the bad treatment of his player mentioned some of the things he had heard mourinho saying to Leon things like "Si te quedas vas a a llegar a odiar el fútbol” ó ”te voy a amargar la vida si sigues aquí”
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Fair enough, but every manager makes mistakes and needs time to learn from those mistakes and he wasnt given that time.

You wont go anywhere firing and hiring i as a Newcastle fan know that only too well considering we have sacked as many as you have over the last decade.

I think given time AVB would have brought you to the top again, Di Matteo can give the confidence that was missing over a short term time span but i dont think he will be successful long term.

What ever happens you need to commit to a project and give the manager time to fulfill that project.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Fair enough, but every manager makes mistakes and needs time to learn from those mistakes and he wasnt given that time.

You wont go anywhere firing and hiring i as a Newcastle fan know that only too well considering we have sacked as many as you have over the last decade.

I think given time AVB would have brought you to the top again, Di Matteo can give the confidence that was missing over a short term time span but i dont think he will be successful long term.

What ever happens you need to commit to a project and give the manager time to fulfill that project.
You're absolutely right on that note.

However, I think AVB would have been given time if we were still in the top 4. THe results were getting worse each week. For a club like Chelsea, every penny we make atm counts for a lot. FFP is coming into play very soon.

We need the millions from the CL as part of our income too. That is a HUGE part of our income lost if we don't qualify for the CL. Plus players who will want to come in the summer will be discouraged at the prospect of not playing in the CL.

I believe AVB would have done wonders in the long term, but that exactly was the problem with him. He was thinking so much about the long term that he lost sight of the present and everything on ground.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:39 pm

What exactly is so great about the present at Chelsea for him to keep it in mind?

If they finished 5th or 6th, I can sort of understand the arguement that he didnt do good enough in the present...but the season wasnt even done....

I dont understand the logic of, "lets sign a guy to do something long term" and then 3/4th the way in say "well at the moment, he arent doing well so lets get rid of him".
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:What exactly is so great about the present at Chelsea for him to keep it in mind?

If they finished 5th or 6th, I can sort of understand the arguement that he didnt do good enough in the present...but the season wasnt even done....

I dont understand the logic of, "lets sign a guy to do something long term" and then 3/4th the way in say "well at the moment, he arent doing well so lets get rid of him".
Like I said, he would have been given more time if the performances were at least improving. We were playing worse and worse each week. The West Brom performance before his sacking was just new low. Very very poor performance. We couldn't even beat a Championship team at Stamford Bridge. That didn't help AVB at all.

Its not totally an Abramovich thing. Its just Chelsea. We've been hiring ad firing long before Abramovich came along. The fact that he's wealthy just makes the situation look so much more obvious in some way.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:21 pm

It wasnt continuous slide though, you was on a down run of form. There was nothing to suggest they wouldnt pick it up if given time. Its not like you started off great and it got worse and worse. It was up and down alot of the way.

AVB is nothing if not flexible, he changed his ideas around 10 games in because he saw his origanal idea wasnt going to work with this group in this league. He would of figured out that malaise you was in and corrected it, just like he did before.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:25 pm

I completely agree with Franchise, what Chelsea have now is a short term good run but it is setting up for the worst. AVB really would have switched that around and Chelsea would have become a force in the next couple years.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down