'I take it as a given that Milan will score' - Barcelona's Guardiola

4 posters

Go down

'I take it as a given that Milan will score' - Barcelona's Guardiola Empty 'I take it as a given that Milan will score' - Barcelona's Guardiola

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:48 am

Getty
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola believes that the Blaugrana will have to score at least twice in the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final clash with AC Milan on Tuesday night because he does not foresee his side keeping a clean sheet.

The two teams drew 0-0 at San Siro last week in the first leg but the former Spain international is anticipating goals in their return meeting at Camp Nou.

"I take it as a given that Milan will score against us,” Guardiola admitted during his pre-game press conference on Monday.

“That's why we need to be very sharp on the attack and make the most of the chances we create."

It emerged on Monday morning that influential Blaugrana midfielder Xavi was a major doubt for the visit of the Rossoneri because of a muscular problem but, according to Guardiola, the World Cup winner is in contention to start.

"He's been named to the squad; that means he could play," the 41-year-old coach stated.

Barca's second-leg showdown with Milan gets underway at 20.45CET.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

'I take it as a given that Milan will score' - Barcelona's Guardiola Empty Re: 'I take it as a given that Milan will score' - Barcelona's Guardiola

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:01 am

Pep and his usual mind games.

barca will rip a new hole to Milan tomorrow, there is no way Antonini and Bonero repeat their defensive perf from Milan.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

'I take it as a given that Milan will score' - Barcelona's Guardiola Empty Re: 'I take it as a given that Milan will score' - Barcelona's Guardiola

Post by Logical Muppet Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:16 am

It's quite a frequent thing for these managers to state things for the sake of creating some kind of reaction from the opposing team or the fans without giving reason.

Is he trying to look humble or what? Why is it a given, he won't even give a sound argument?

Petty Mind Games, same with the "i don't speak about referees talk."
Logical Muppet
Logical Muppet
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Far cry from Cruyff's "Milan can't beat us" speech in 1994 eco smile

Pep must still feel the sting from that final and the pre game trash talk. However I agree with him. Milan are more than capable of scoring.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum