LeBéninois
Red Alert
CBarca
The Franchise
Tifoso Romanista
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Penalty or Not a penalty ? Empty Penalty or Not a penalty ?

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:48 am

Penalty or Not a penalty ? 142E594A4F7B521116AC37
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Penalty or Not a penalty ? Empty Re: Penalty or Not a penalty ?

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:59 am

Obvious pen if the ref sees it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:41 am

Seriously, it's a blatant foul people are clutching at straws because it's Barcelona.

I'm sitting here watching the game with my father, now I'm a Barca fan, and a ref. My father on the other hand, is neutral, and a ref.

You wanna know what we both yell out when we see this happen?

"Penalty"- gut instinct of 2 refs.

Look, I don't give a shit that Milan fans think it's a penalty because of Puyol, or the timing, or because it happens in every other game (blatant lie that one), it's a penalty.

Let me say that again, it's a penalty.

People are clutching at straws- the trained eye, and even the untrained eye should see that and know it's a penalty. Why? Cause it is. LOOK at it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:37 am

From a neutral, I'd say it was very harsh to Milan.

But who cares... it's not as if Milan were going to go through. They just need an excuse to go out...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:39 am

It was harsh but you can't call it '' not a penalty ''. if milan was losing 3-0 the rf would have let it go . if we were playing at milan's it would not have been called ( unless the guy have big big --s)
Anyway we were going to win even without been amazing . The way leo shoot his penalties make me stressed lol and that goal we conceded :facepalm:
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 am

BTW please guys do not reply too much to the ones talking about this not being a penalty because

1- they are not going to change their mind and

2- ABOVE ALL it the only argument they got because the thruth is Milan was outclassed even they played well , and FBC wasn't even at best
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:10 am

Just wish we didnt get the call just like we didnt get the 2 PKs in Milan.

cause now people will talk us down. I hate that, we won fair and square
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:13 am

People are gonna find ways to talk us down anyway. That's what comes with success.

If and more correctly when we stop being the best in the world (that does sound so arrogant to say but yet I can't say it's not true) then people will move on to the next big thing and talk them down.

Barca fans included.

That's just the way it is.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 am

Direct free kick
A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be
careless, reckless or using excessive force:
• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
• trips or attempts to trip an opponent
• jumps at an opponent
• charges an opponent
• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
• pushes an opponent
• tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
of the following three offences:
holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own
penalty area)

A direct free kick is taken from the place where the offence occurred
(see Law 13 – Position of free kick).

Penalty kick
A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences is committed by
a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball,
provided it is in play.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:15 am

Penalty, just like Pep said, you're taught from a young age that holding someone (or their shirt) inside the box in a manner which interferes with play is a foul. There's an extent to which you can jostle and maybe some push and pull, but its clear to me that Busquets makes a run, Nesta thinks he's losing him so he virtually tackles him and pulls him to the ground. You can forget Puyol being there. Puyol tries to take a step back to block Nesta, but Nesta is already holding Busquets.

Over the 2 legs we had 4 penalty calls. One I believe was certain, the other 3 could go either way. I think its reasonably fair we got 1 of these 3...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:31 am

No question it is a penalty. Hete summed it up really. Just because it is not given a lot of times doesn't mean it is not a foul.

Which brings us to a good point; all referees should be like this. The amount of pulling , tugging and pushing during indirect set-pieces are getting out of hand. A few penalties called here and there will make sure people won't wrestle each other in penalty area any more.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Probably no point in me saying this:

With all bias aside, it wasn't a penalty. The ref saw it before the corner was even taken. When the ball is out of play and that happens, the ref just tells them to knock it off and the guy taking the corner waits for the guys to settle down, then the ref blows whistle. It's simple really. And i've seen it happen som many times for us and against us. Never a pen. In fact i've seen goals given to the opp for obstructing our keeper, and that wasn't even given as a foul....btw first goal was a pen. In case some people don't understand, Messi was in an offside position. Xavi passes the ball to somebody who is not in an offside position and antonini intercepts but it goes to Messi. Not offside because for it to be offside, Xavi would've had to been passing to Messi. That means the offside player was part of the game, when he is supposed to be inactive. But because the pass wasn't directed to him, it's perfectly onside.

Now i'm not gonna go into saying stuff like oh Milan coulda won the game, Robinho shouldn't have gotten the handball, i'm just giving my view on the pens. Hope i helped some people Wink
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:27 pm

The Verminator wrote:Probably no point in me saying this:

With all bias aside, it wasn't a penalty. The ref saw it before the corner was even taken. When the ball is out of play and that happens, the ref just tells them to knock it off and the guy taking the corner waits for the guys to settle down, then the ref blows whistle. It's simple really. And i've seen it happen som many times for us and against us. Never a pen. In fact i've seen goals given to the opp for obstructing our keeper, and that wasn't even given as a foul....btw first goal was a pen. In case some people don't understand, Messi was in an offside position. Xavi passes the ball to somebody who is not in an offside position and antonini intercepts but it goes to Messi. Not offside because for it to be offside, Xavi would've had to been passing to Messi. That means the offside player was part of the game, when he is supposed to be inactive. But because the pass wasn't directed to him, it's perfectly onside.

Now i'm not gonna go into saying stuff like oh Milan coulda won the game, Robinho shouldn't have gotten the handball, i'm just giving my view on the pens. Hope i helped some people Wink

those doubtful pk had given barca edge but negative influence on us. but winning is winning for them its a good thing. so its ok verm. thanks for voicing ur opinion on referee. i dont think milan should just be sad about that one penalty kick, we just have to move on now.. thats life. just like arsenal did, and take positives.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Thats not the rule...I dont get why people are going out there way to deny it a penalty, even if it means not doing things within the rules.

The ref doesnt have to tell Nesta to stop it before it kicked, nowhere does it say he is supposed to do that.

And the reasoning of, it happens in other games and therefore shouldnt be called is utterly redicilous.

Blame the refs who dont call, not the refs who do...then again, that would mean Barca deserved a pen and we cant have that can we... Rolling Eyes
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:48 pm

It's frankly, up to the referee. According to the rules, it is supposed to be a foul and outside the box it will be called 99%

In the penalty area? Its just what referee makes it off. 90% Referees will re take the corner, 10% will give penalty, Just like what happened in the Wolves vs Swansea game few weeks back. Similiar incident and a penalty was awarded

If u are the home side, the penalty is justified, but if u are an away team, then u will feel hard done by. However since the barcelona players didn't even ask for a penalty, you can't blame them at all.

But it is what it is
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Sounds about right to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 pm

So what do you want if not a freekick?

You want a penalty for a foul outside the box?

And we are retards? lol

Show me one time Ibra got his shirt pulled in the box..I bet you cant.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 pm

old age catching up dani ? Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:02 pm

Penalty... no doubt... not according to the rule but according to the common practice.

I was pissed... mainly because we did not phucking need this penalty.
The game waws ours
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:25 pm

There is a stigma here that this happens every game, which seems to be the absolute top reason this shouldn't be a penalty.

That is BS

People are saying every game, hell, every corner, there is some guy with a handful of shirt and ends up taking someone down?

That's absolutely wrong.

You can be right if you say there is some shirt holding/ shoving almost every corner, that's right, but it's hardly anything and that's why it's not called. I can guarantee if Nesta had hardly been holding Busquets then this wouldn't be a penalty, but no, Nesta had a fistful of Busquets and then ended up taking him to the ground.

That's a penalty. How many times does that happen in a game? Not that often, cause defenders aren't that stupid, especially in front of the ref.

As I said (and was ignored)- it's all about flagrance. The more flagrant you make it, the more chance it will be called. While all those other "PK's" people speak of aren't even flagrant and hardly matter at all, this was ridiculously flagrant. A ref, no matter what ref, doesn't just NOT call that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:It's frankly, up to the referee. According to the rules, it is supposed to be a foul and outside the box it will be called 99%

In the penalty area? Its just what referee makes it off. 90% Referees will re take the corner, 10% will give penalty, Just like what happened in the Wolves vs Swansea game few weeks back. Similiar incident and a penalty was awarded

If u are the home side, the penalty is justified, but if u are an away team, then u will feel hard done by. However since the barcelona players didn't even ask for a penalty, you can't blame them at all.

But it is what it is

rg, very well explained. I do feel though that all referees around the world should apply the official rules of the game more consistently. If that means for instance that shirt pulling within the area can slowly be phased out then that would be great for the game.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:29 pm

I'll quote what i said in the general section.......

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Actually Sunderland got a penalty against us a few weeks ago, for something very similar technically according to the rules atleast it was a penalty.

The problem is the refs are not consistent one week you will get a penalty for it and the next week you wont so when someone does get a pen for it then it causes major uproar.

Not a penalty for me becuase you would see 10 penalties a week if that was but according to the rules it is... its all down to the refs to apply those rules consistently.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'll quote what i said in the general section.......

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Actually Sunderland got a penalty against us a few weeks ago, for something very similar technically according to the rules atleast it was a penalty.

The problem is the refs are not consistent one week you will get a penalty for it and the next week you wont so when someone does get a pen for it then it causes major uproar.

Not a penalty for me becuase you would see 10 penalties a week if that was but according to the rules it is... its all down to the refs to apply those rules consistently.

Once again, like almost everyone, your confusing the actual technicality with the severity of the technicality.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 pm

I haven't bothered watching the match, but: Gaining an advantage by being in an offside position
Playing the ball after the ball has rebounded off the goal, the goalkeeper, or any opponent

It doesn't matter whether the ball was intended to go to Messi or not, he was offside.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:42 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:

I haven't bothered watching the match, but: Gaining an advantage by being in an offside position
Playing the ball after the ball has rebounded off the goal, the goalkeeper, or any opponent

It doesn't matter whether the ball was intended to go to Messi or not, he was offside.

Key word is rebounded.

The ball didn't rebound on Antonini, he intercepted Xavi pass and gain possession, but his interception was so bad that it went to Messi. No chance of offside at all. A rebound is non intentional.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next