Conte: 'Better to be the leaders'

Go down

Conte: 'Better to be the leaders'  Empty Conte: 'Better to be the leaders'

Post by DeviAngel Sat 07 Apr 2012, 21:46

[img:bc45]http://www.football-italia.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_photo/[type]/[nid]/conte-happy-scream-490ai_3.jpg[/img:bc45]

Antonio Conte prefers “to lead because that way you depend on nobody except yourself,” and told Juventus they must work hard to stay top of Serie A.

The Bianconeri leapfrogged Milan over the Easter weekend thanks to their 2-0 win at Palermo and the Rossoneri’s shock 2-1 home defeat to Fiorentina.

“I always prefer to lead because that way you depend on nobody except yourself,” said Conte.

“We did well to take advantage of Milan’s two recent slip-ups. There are still seven rounds to go and we have a tougher fixture list, but we also gained belief and are improving day after day.

“We wanted to get on this bicycle, so now we’ve got to pedal like crazy to the bitter end. I know it’s better to be in front, because as a player and a Coach I have been in these situations.

“The hierarchy has changed with this result, but we have to stay determined and concentrated to finish ahead of a superpower like Milan.”

Leonardo Bonucci and Fabio Quagliarella netted at the Stadio Barbera this evening, as Palermo barely had a shot on goal.

“We had many chances in the first half and were unable to make the most of them. Palermo allowed us to play football, sitting back with five in defence and leaving very little space through the middle. Compliments to them for making life difficult for us.

“Even when playing attacking football, we risk very little at the back thanks to the concentration of all the lads who step on to the field. You can see our growth by the fact we are more patient now too, as I told the players to be less hasty.

“We are still unbeaten and this makes us very proud.”

:bow: and you are making us proud !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum