French Third-Tier Quevilly stun Rennes in the Coupe de France Semis.

+9
rwo power
VivaStPauli
pUsHa
Lord Hades
lenear1030
halamadrid2
OLpower
Lord Awesome
beatrixasdfghjk.
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

French Third-Tier Quevilly stun Rennes in the Coupe de France Semis. Empty French Third-Tier Quevilly stun Rennes in the Coupe de France Semis.

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:13 am

I didn't see a thread for it ... SO.

Anthony Laup sinks Rennes in the 92nd minute, bleh, I'll just copy and paste it from Pies Razz.

After putting out Marseille in the quarters, third-tier part-timers Quevilly have once again defied the odds to keep their enchanted cup run going – sinking Ligue 1 opponents Rennes with a 92nd-minute winner from Anthony Laup to reach the final of the Coupe de France.

Based in a small town in Normandy with a stadium that holds just 2,500 at it’s capacity, Quevilly – who are 14th and just seven points off the relegation zone in the Championnat National (Division 3) in France and count not one fully professional player among their number – haven’t reached the final of the Coupe de France since their halcyon days of 1927, though they did manage to reach the last four in 2010/11.

So, who are these minnows now scheduled to play in their second ever final appearance? Only Lyon (who beat another third division side in their semi, Gazelec Ajaccio) at the Stade de France.

Should be a promenade de gateaux (Google Translate says cake walk).

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

French Third-Tier Quevilly stun Rennes in the Coupe de France Semis. Empty Re: French Third-Tier Quevilly stun Rennes in the Coupe de France Semis.

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:47 am

The Mirandes of Franace. Thumbs up cheers
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

French Third-Tier Quevilly stun Rennes in the Coupe de France Semis. Empty Re: French Third-Tier Quevilly stun Rennes in the Coupe de France Semis.

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:26 pm

Their win against Marseille in the quarters Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Just because none of you like giant-killers =='

Highlights against Rennes.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:14 pm

We are the only chance to save the honor of this cup.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:15 pm

And promenade de gateaux does not exist in french.

It is promenade de santé
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:21 pm

why Olpower??? because they went that far???

thats cheap
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 pm

ol to lose to them in the finals as well.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:22 pm

so let me get this straight , even if lyon do beat them ( and they qualify for cl ) then would quevilly get a europa league spot ?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Wow gotta love these giant-killers :bow:

I wish i was a fan of this team .... this is amazing :bow:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Lord Hades wrote:so let me get this straight , even if lyon do beat them ( and they qualify for cl ) then would quevilly get a europa league spot ?
Lord Hades wrote:so let me get this straight , even if lyon do beat them ( and they qualify for cl ) then would quevilly get a europa league spot ?

I think you are right.

This should not be allowed. only first division team should be able to play european competitions.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 am

OLpower wrote:

I think you are right.

This should not be allowed. only first division team should be able to play european competitions.
:vagi:.
They qualified legally, beating first division teams Marseille and Rennes; I don't see why you're complaining. If your beloved first division teams can't beat a part-time third division team, I don't think you deserve to be represent France in Europe.

I would have loved to be a fan of Quevilly, their road to the final must have been amazing for them :bow:.
Four out of nine games went into extra time, two went to penalties, winning 3-0 and 5-4 affraid.

Last edited by beatrixasdfghjk. on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:26 am

And honestly, who did you beat to deserve to be in the final?
Third division Gazélec Ajaccio, fourth division Vendée Luçon and Lyon Duchère.

And PSG, Bordeaux.
Two Ligue 1 teams apiece.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 am

The French Osnabrück :bow:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:49 am

Well, Quevilly reached the semi final of the last season Coupe de France, too, so they do manage to punch above their weight a bit longer now. Kudos to them! A French "Pokalschreck" (cup terror) as we'd say in Germany Very Happy

BTW, in Germany it was only a 120th minute goal (plus subsequent penalty shootout if Dortmund wouldn't have scored) that stood between the possibility of 2nd league side Greuther Fürth getting into the Europe League, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:21 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:And honestly, who did you beat to deserve to be in the final?
Third division Gazélec Ajaccio, fourth division Vendée Luçon and Lyon Duchère.

And PSG, Bordeaux.
Two Ligue 1 teams apiece.
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
OLpower wrote:

I think you are right.

:vagi:.
They qualified legally, beating first division teams Marseille and Rennes; I don't see why you're complaining. If your beloved first division teams can't beat a part-time third division team, I don't think you deserve to be represent France in Europe.

I would have loved to be a fan of Quevilly, their road to the final must have been amazing for them :bow:.
Four out of nine games went into extra time, two went to penalties, winning 3-0 and 5-4 affraid.

I don't care if they earn the right to qualify or not. European competition should ban non 1st division team as they have no business competing in european competition and are a waster of space.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:15 am

Like I said, if a first division team can't beat a part-time third division one, what business do they have competing in a European competition?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:17 am

beatrix posting about french football :vagi:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:56 am

what a through ball
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:09 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:what a through ball
Sorry, third-division teams aren't allowed to play through balls :vagi:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:11 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
sorry, i mean what a great long pass that went on the ground between those opposition players and in front of that guy's team mate to give him a chance at scoring. fixed.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:16 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
sorry, i mean what a great long pass that went on the ground between those opposition players and in front of that guy's team mate to give him a chance at scoring. fixed.
To give him a chance at scoring, yes, but he's not allowed to score, right? Because it's a first division team he's playing against.
Okay, thanks for clearing it up for me.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:17 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
To give him a chance at scoring, yes, but he's not allowed to score, right? Because it's a first division team he's playing against.
Okay, thanks for clearing it up for me.
correct, he cannot score, he only has a chance. It's up to the 1st division team to allow themselves to concede.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:22 am

Sneaky ploys by Rennes and Marseille to boost public opinion by letting Quevilly have success, so they seem generous :bow:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:14 pm

We saved the honor of French football and won our first trophy since 2008
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum